Sign in to follow this  
ChairSmiles

DayZ Standalone - We Keep Coming Back

Well guys, it's very easy to deduce that Dayz SA has countless gameplay bugs, causing the death of characters at even the safest moments, and that the lack of base building/cars/guns/etc. puts it a significantly large step down from all the content in the mods, but despite the enraging moments and the high quantity of "kill on sight" bandits, we all keep finding ourselves coming back to the buggy alpha that is Dayz Standalone.

Why is this, one may ask? Could it be the everlasting urge all gamers share to role play as something cooler than reality, allowing the massive levels of customization in the game to attract them again and again? Or could it possibly be the beautifully suspenseful interactions between your beloved character and random survivors found on the Berezino coast, provoking intuitive tricks due to lack of trust and overall fear? Or maybe is simply just too fun to give up, like cocaine. Either way, this game has found a way to continually bring us back to our computer screens, forgetting what happened the day before regarding a 13 year old boy with an axe that killed you as you were giving him a nice can of tactical bacon. 

Let me know what you guys think the reason this game is so addicting is...

The mod is really good, the promise of a better experience than the mod is too sweet. I keep coming back once in a while to check on the progress and give some feedback/rage to the forums.

I come back to play the same reason I go back to other games that aren't perfect but I go back to.. nothing else has my attention at the time.  Wouldn't take much to draw me away from this game currently, but as of right now there isn't another game that I am really drawn to.  Has less to do with this game being great and more to do with the lack of any other game for me currently.

Bought it on release played for 2 weeks got very bored. Picked up again 4 weeks ago nothing much has changed so leaving it for another month. Playing epoch at the minute. I have a feeling that there will be some great updates from the team over the next couple of months. As soon as we have loot respawn and tents im back for good.

DayZ has so many players because it has a very good concept.

Deliver atmosphere, a big world to move on without restrains, various threats and voila, you have a good game.

-> 

Its all about creativity of the player.

Allow your players to be creative and you will make them happy.

Minecraft did it,

7 days to die did it,

Planetside 2 did it,

etc

Bought it on release played for 2 weeks got very bored. Picked up again 4 weeks ago nothing much has changed so leaving it for another month. Playing epoch at the minute. I have a feeling that there will be some great updates from the team over the next couple of months. As soon as we have loot respawn and tents im back for good.

Same here. I'm just waiting for the loot respawn. Until then, or unless H1Z1 proves to be better, I'm not touching DayZ.