Sign in to follow this  
mugur

Small question/idea about logging out

I have a small question/idea.

Since when we log out we can't do shit for 30 seconds and the character sits in game but dead in the water, would not be possible/better to enter in "free look" for 30 seconds instead of instant seeing the servers list?

This way you can actually see if you were an idiot logging (bad time, bad location, etc) or you were actually "reset by server" as some people claims...

Since when we log out we can't do shit for 30 seconds and the character sits in game but dead in the water, would not be possible/better to enter in "free look" for 30 seconds instead of instant seeing the servers list?

This way you can actually see if you were an idiot logging (bad time, bad location, etc) or you were actually "reset by server" as some people claims...

I have logged 130 hours, and have not once been reset by the server.  All those claims are generally false, and the person either combat logged and thought they were clever, or they were getting chased by a zombie when they logged out.

i have over 250 hours myself and i have never seen a character reset in stable or exp, but the question still stands.

I have logged 130 hours, and have not once been reset by the server.  All those claims are generally false, and the person either combat logged and thought they were clever, or they were getting chased by a zombie when they logged out.

iev played 400 hours on sa an dit has happened to me 3 times, once weeks ago, and 2 times last week, because you are lucky does not mean everyone else is lying and you are right

"You are about to leave this server but your character will remain active and visible for up to 30 seconds. Continue?"

The failure to explain basic mechanics of the game to the end user has caused a lot of confusion. Confusion leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to...bad reviews. Bad reviews lead to poor sales.

• Like 2

the ops idea of freelook while character is still active, is actually amazing, and also, you should be able to cancel logging out, if you need to, not just stand there viewing and you get killed by zombie, or robbed.

op please put this in suggestions

Yeah i logged in one night by the time i got onto the gameplay screen there was a load of your legis broken etc and you are dead on the screen .. a hugely fun moment !

iev played 400 hours on sa an dit has happened to me 3 times, once weeks ago, and 2 times last week, because you are lucky does not mean everyone else is lying and you are right

"All those claims are generally false"

Maybe you missed that part?  Not once did I say he was lying and that I was always right.

When I log or combat log I want this to happen:

stop-nuclear-war-and-stop-genocide.jpg

otherwise /riot

the ops idea of freelook while character is still active, is actually amazing, and also, you should be able to cancel logging out, if you need to, not just stand there viewing and you get killed by zombie, or robbed.

op please put this in suggestions

i will.

"All those claims are generally false"

Maybe you missed that part?  Not once did I say he was lying and that I was always right.

why use the word "all" then, i didnt miss anything, if you didnt mean they are all false, then cool, np

It definitely is possible in some form.. on the servers I used to work on, we had a log out timer of 30 seconds also, but the way ours worked was you would select abort.. when clicked a 30 second timer would start. At any point you could hit escape twice to get back into the game.. and if you selected abort again a new 30 second timer would start. This made it so that the similar screen you see when you hit escape and the options come up to quit game, the edges still show you whats going on and the audio is still present.. So you could save yourself if it was a foolish logout, and combat loggers would still be at enough of a disadvantage that it worked. I think this would be a good thing and have been preaching it since they implemented this 30 second timer log. We need to know that our player is just sitting there.. like a ghost. If we cannot even see what happens to him, then the majority will be confused next time they log in.