Sign in to follow this  
TheLoneSurvivior

Invisible Nubs?

So i decided to give DayZ a try again, went to millitary base, hopped a few server and got fully geared in 30 mins, i went to the borders of berezino on a full servers to scare some freshspawn, but not kill them. I was camo'd out laying in the grass and i got hit by an invisible player, this happened to me before so i started spraying in circles, but unfortunatly didnt hit him, he knocked me out. Is this an glitch or hack?

So i decided to give DayZ a try again, went to millitary base, hopped a few server and got fully geared in 30 mins, i went to the borders of berezino on a full servers to scare some freshspawn, but not kill them. I was camo'd out laying in the grass and i got hit by an invisible player, this happened to me before so i started spraying in circles, but unfortunatly didnt hit him, he knocked me out. Is this an glitch or hack?

There was a rather rare gltich in the mod where you could some times come back invisible after death. re logging would fix it, but many chose to exploit it. i have never seen it in the SA yet but considering its a similar engine i wouldnt rule out a bug of some sort.

There was a rather rare gltich in the mod where you could some times come back invisible after death. re logging would fix it, but many chose to exploit it. i have never seen it in the SA yet but considering its a similar engine i wouldnt rule out a bug of some sort.

Very possibly that bug or something similiar, possibly a hack i have experienced an invisible playing on a low pop server where i was not( or seemingly no desync) in an open field and he was close by the sound of the shots no more than 20 meters away.

He hit me a few times before killing me ( i was fully geared) i kept turning to see him and following the sound of the shots but nothing. So it seems to happen be it radical desync bug or hack dont know but its only happened once in 260 hours of the SA so i am not throwing the i am not playing anymore card lol...

Ok I was playing on a server with two friends and this bullshit happened to us aswell.  We were at the coast, west from Berezino as this happened. All of us got attacked by an invisible player. He was punching us while we have no idea where he is, couldn't even hear his steps. Everytime one of us was bandaging himself, that ridiculous, only seen in this game, bullshit was happening again... When we took our axes (we had no guns) we started to wield around and that invisible player was cautious not to take the hits from the axe, but as soon as he saw one of us bandaging, he was punching the one again. We went to the bridge to hear his steps you know, but he was making no sounds at all. Non of us had a desync, the server was not full at all.

Welcome to DayZ.

Edited by MetapoliC
  • Like 1

Probably desync. Me and my mate who play to gather notice quite often that one of use will disappear for a while. Anywhere from a minute to twenty plus. 

similar strange thing happened to me... i was in the deep forrest between khelm and the NEA 800meters to both directions between some trees. i logged in and got the 1st hit instantly and a second later 2nd hit. you are dead.

in the next moment iam hearing the guy breathing who is looting me. i did not hear any shots. just got the hits and died. perhaps i got really unlucky that i spawned in out of nowhere in the forrest and there was a guy standing next to me. was very strange

karma... ;)

Maybe it was karma coming to get you for server hopping to gear up :P Sounds like a glitch though. Could have been the .22 rifle as well maybe? That thing is pretty quiet

Yeah totally karma got me for server hopping. It's not a glitch, game is perfectly fine. Karma...

Had a similar experience when one of my clan mates and I where in Berezino on a high-pop server, we where in a spot sniping that there is 0/zero chance of someone being able to get behind us to shoot at us or whatever.

But suddenly we came under attack by someone directly behind us, I spun around just in time to see a muzzle flash and nothing else such as a person or anything, and then I was dead, I have a feeling that it's either a very rare glitch, or a unknown hack of some sort that cheaters use to win firefights, lol...