killroth

Magazines for FN and Bizon. NV toggle

Please fix the scopes on FN FAL APNV and the L85...But more importantly FN FAL :P (oen i have) theres no reason why the scopes would have no option where NV is not turned off. Also the ammo for those guns is rarer that the guns themselves at this point making the guns somewhat worthless. Please add the possiblitiy of ammo drops for FN and Bizon. or make the FN mag be changed into DMR Mag since they use the same ammo.

Thank You

• Like 1

I actually like the idea of FAL / Bizon magazines being rare, making them more specialized and unique... But also, you can't use M14 magazines in a FAL anyway, different magazine layout. (IRL)

I support this wholeheartedly. There's no reason why the FN FAL and the DMR cannot share ammo. It would make the FAL more useful, since it's basically an AKM that looks cooler (imo) and 10 less rounds in a mag.

Also, yeah, you should have the ability to turn off a night vision scope for use during the day.

+1.

I actually like the idea of FAL / Bizon magazines being rare' date=' making them more specialized and unique... But also, you can't use M14 magazines in a FAL anyway, different magazine layout. (IRL)

[/quote']

You can make that argument for the other guns that share ammo, like the M1911 and Revolver. One uses speed reloaders, the other traditional mags. Apart from ammunition type, they're incompatible. Yet, they can share ammo.

Like I said, the FAL doesn't have many advantages to be used apart from good look and badass firing sound.

I agree with he whole toggle the thing' date=' Although I think the ammo should be kept rare.

[/quote']

Why should the ammo be rare? its the same ammo as DMR. (.308) why would it be rarer for one that the other. Also i believe that a 45 ACP revolver would be more rare than any of these weapons. Its hard enough to find weapons as it is now. If you find a helicopter site you should be rewarded with a replacement gun not something you can use for a few shots and then have to find something new. kinda makes it pointless.

DayZ Logic makes no sense, ATV holds as much as a pickup truck, revolver kills zeds in one hit while most primary guns takes 2 shots.

I personally think military weapon ammo should be a lot more scarce than it is, would present more challenge to surviving DayZ, And FN fal ammo is the same as DMR, but DMR is pretty much a sniper, the Fal is automatic also much more handy and stronger than most primary auto-guns making it an excellent survival weapon. all in all i don't really know shit about guns... so yeah :P excuse me if I'm wrong.

+1

Why FN FAL (Whitout night vision) is so rare? its a very common military rifle, please make them respawn in normal military loot system. Make .308 ammo interchangeable..

I think ammo interchange should only be possible if you have empty mags of desired type, maybe except for revolver as it doesn't use any mags, of course empty mags should not be discarded but kept. This way one could keep empty FN FAL mags until opportunity arises to refill them but if there are no suitable mag type then there should be no way to create them out of the thin air.

If military spawns become rarer the result will be that average players won't see it all and loot farmers will... oh yeah. They'll still have it because low drop percentage basically doesn't affect them.

Please fix the scopes on FN FAL APNV and the L85...But more importantly FN FAL :P (oen i have) theres no reason why the scopes would have no option where NV is not turned off. Also the ammo for those guns is rarer that the guns themselves at this point making the guns somewhat worthless. Please add the possiblitiy of ammo drops for FN and Bizon. or make the FN mag be changed into DMR Mag since they use the same ammo.

Thank You

I agree with the ammo sharing however toggle is not such a good idea. I like the fact that high end weaponry have their disadvantages.

+1

Why FN FAL (Whitout night vision) is so rare? its a very common military rifle' date=' please make them respawn in normal military loot system. Make .308 ammo interchangeable..

[/quote']

Because it's a Belgian gun and you've woken up in Russia. Russian weapons are plentiful and found everywhere. Belgian weapons are only available at heli crash sites, which makes sense to what little story Day Z starts you off with.

Do you all not know that ammo between revolver and M1911 is convertible? So is DMR and M24. I agree FAL should also be convertible between DMR and M24 as well, as it's the same 7.62 round, just a different clip.

Instead of being able to magically conjure clips for other weapons out of similar clips for completely different guns, empty clips should be held on to, and with those you are able to switch your rounds between clips for the appropriate weapons. Makes more sense

On an unrelated note, I also want all flashlights to require batteries. Just saying.

I think ammo interchange should only be possible if you have empty mags of desired type' date=' maybe except for revolver as it doesn't use any mags, of course empty mags should not be discarded but kept. This way one could keep empty FN FAL mags until opportunity arises to refill them but if there are no suitable mag type then there should be no way to create them out of the thin air.

[/quote']

Didn't notice this post until now. +1 to what he said

I'd like a toggle-able scope. I've thrown away a few ANPV S4s in my time because they're entirely worthless to me in the day. And since I didn't start playing night servers until very recently, it was pretty much just an FAL I couldn't shoot.

The ammo idea, though, I'm not too sure. It's a nice thought, but with as common as DMR mags are, I think the FAL might get a little OP. Then we'd have to nerf DMR mag spawns, and blahblahblah, in the end, it might not be that good of an idea.

Do you all not know that ammo between revolver and M1911 is convertible?

Actually, it should not be. Although the caliber may be the same, rounds for most revolvers are quite different from ACP rounds so .45 ACP should be used in M1911, not in revolver.

I agree though that it should be possible to reload ammo between mags of different types if a round used is the same, like FN FAL and DMR are both using 7.62x51 rounds so the ammo should be interchangeable but not mags. Or we could take ammo from M249 belt and load our STANAG mags with it. But empty mags should be put back in the inventory instead of just disappearing.

The Bizon is chambered for 9x18mm Makarov. You should be able to refill the Bizon's magazines with Makarov rounds.

Somehow, I don't think having a little more ammo for the FAL makes it OP. Using DMR mags is just going to make it so you have 2-3 magazines instead of 1.

yeah just farm the heli spawns for fal ammo leave the weapon make other nubs carry one around waiting to find ammo..

+1

Why FN FAL (Whitout night vision) is so rare? its a very common military rifle' date=' please make them respawn in normal military loot system. Make .308 ammo interchangeable..

[/quote']

Because it's a Belgian gun and you've woken up in Russia. Russian weapons are plentiful and found everywhere. Belgian weapons are only available at heli crash sites, which makes sense to what little story Day Z starts you off with.

Yet American weapons are found all over the place as abundantly as Russian weapons.

+1

[/quote']

Do you all not know that ammo between revolver and M1911 is convertible? So is DMR and M24. I agree FAL should also be convertible between DMR and M24 as well, as it's the same 7.62 round, just a different clip.

Instead of being able to magically conjure clips for other weapons out of similar clips for completely different guns, empty clips should be held on to, and with those you are able to switch your rounds between clips for the appropriate weapons. Makes more sense

On an unrelated note, I also want all flashlights to require batteries. Just saying.

I think ammo interchange should only be possible if you have empty mags of desired type' date=' maybe except for revolver as it doesn't use any mags, of course empty mags should not be discarded but kept. This way one could keep empty FN FAL mags until opportunity arises to refill them but if there are no suitable mag type then there should be no way to create them out of the thin air.

[/quote']

Didn't notice this post until now. +1 to what he said

+1

FAL is kinda useless the way it is right now. I have one and didn't have the opportunity to test it yet because the lack of ammo.

Actually' date=' it should not be. Although the caliber may be the same, rounds for most revolvers are quite different from ACP rounds so .45 ACP should be used in M1911, not in revolver.

[/quote']

Looks an awful lot like the revolver we are given in game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1911_pistol

"The M1911 is a single-action, semi-automatic, magazine-fed, recoil-operated handgun chambered for the .45 ACP cartridge".

Why again can't these be interchangable?

+1

[/quote']

Yet American weapons are found all over the place as abundantly as Russian weapons.

THAT!

I would not see a problem if finding a M4A1 Camo SD or a Barret was harder to find than FN FAL, but it is easier actually. It should be easier to find a FAL than an "specops" weapon.

' pid='214401' dateline='1340993160']

Looks an awful lot like the revolver we are given in game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1911_pistol

"The M1911 is a single-action' date=' semi-automatic, magazine-fed, recoil-operated handgun chambered for the .45 ACP cartridge".

Why again can't these be interchangable?

[/quote']

I stand corrected. Wasn't aware that there are revolvers that can use rimless rounds such as .45 ACP.

Americans get involved in almost every conflict as well as supplying weaponry.

When was the last time the Belgians did that?

It's logical.