doomlazy

Can somebody tell me WTF just happened?!

o.O DEFLECTING ZOMBIE!

maybe somehow your bullet ricocheted in a bad way...

Edited by Khanarac
  • Like 1

It's not an alpha issue but an intended balance feature.

Zombies aim for the body while lashing out to you. If you engage them while crouched or prone, their hits will not hit the body but the head. When zombies give you a headshot, you die.

Edited by Ghostflux
  • Like 1

Zombies aim for the body while lashing out to you. If you engage them while crouched or prone, their hits will not hit the body but the head. When zombies give you a headshot, you die.

I don't get it. I was completely healthy (as you saw at the start) AND I had a ballistic helmet on.

I don't get it. I was completely healthy (as you saw at the start) AND I had a ballistic helmet on.

That doesn't matter to a zombie though, they are naturally vicious creatures.

• Like 3

That might be true in some cases, but it doesn't explain how the same thing happened to me while standing. Full health and a pristine ballistic helmet followed by a one hit kill by a zombie.

• Like 2

Beautiful. Either you got ganked by a player somehow witha combo of lag, or it lagged and the zed bashed your face in since you were crouched. Ballistic helmets don't protect your face, if all that damage went right to your unprotected face I guess it was enough to kill you.

the zombie just hit you dead. They're supposed to hit the chest but you sat down so she hit your head. Nice little delay fuckage in her advantage.

That might be true in some cases, but it doesn't explain how the same thing happened to me while standing. Full health and a pristine ballistic helmet followed by a one hit kill by a zombie.

Perhaps you were facing an uphill battle?

CLASSIC dayZ Zombie encounter there haha.

Shit go, sorry to see that, hopefully they get it all sorted out soon.

• Like 1

I just noticed that I actually shot the zombie before it killed me. SKS and I think every other primary is a one-hit kill to anywhere on a zombie.

Why did the zombie not die from the shot? Also I made it slow motion near the end where you can see the crosshair is on the zombie. Its point blank range. The shot wouldn't have missed and I shot before the slap. W T F

I think we have seen several videos now, that suggest that ballistic helmets doesn't provide any protection against melee attacks.

You got Ko'ed by a girl, how does that feel?

Seriously if this is as intended than I think it's BS.

Edited by Uutgrunnen

Two maybe three arm lengths away the zombie/infected "one shotted" you in the head at the same time you shot it, they really are f****** abysmal aren't they, even the zombies in the mod are better than the garbage we have to endure in this .

• Like 1

I just noticed that I actually shot the zombie before it killed me. SKS and I think every other primary is a one-hit kill to anywhere on a zombie.

Why did the zombie not die from the shot? Also I made it slow motion near the end where you can see the crosshair is on the zombie. Its point blank range. The shot wouldn't have missed and I shot before the slap. W T F

It's a common issue for the zombie to give you one last hit even after it dies when there's a bit of lag.

Level open ground at the time. I figured it was a ballistic helmet glitch and have since stopped using the ballistic helmet.

Okay so I managed to record the clip. Please tell me WTF happened.

Here is the clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfUE0QV84zE&feature=youtu.be

WTF HAPPENED

You're kneeling and she hits you just as you shoot. You get the Zombie Headshot. I guess maybe your helmet was not pristine, or you just had bad luck. Same thing happened to me, except I didnt shoot, I was kneeling and the zomb came through the wall, so there was no confusion.

IMO

- in the past I have shot a zombie dead with an FNX, and she hit me, and RUINED the FNX I shot her with while it was still in my hand, then dropped dead. Evil zombie.

Edited by pilgrim

...seems you got sniped by a cheater imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzPtDWPNfWU

It clearly wasn't the zombie you definitely hit! There wasn't a desync going on cause the door was able to be opened! You was hiding behind building's wall and couldn't get shot at! Hackers are not that rare at military places on full servers nowadays.

Edited by Beyondeath

the zombie starts to do her hit animation before you shoot

Edited by pilgrim

@pilgrim

BS, sorry, her "hit animation" stopped so far I can see. Anyway, never heard 'bout one hit wonder at healthy status.

Yes although rare I have seen fully healthy toons be one shotted by Zeds. Not sure 'bout melee but I have been shot in the head with a Ballistic helmet on and after 20 seconds of unconsciousness back up with no bleed but a ruined helmet.