Sign in to follow this  
shaunsap

Kill animations and visible bullet trails.

I am aware that rag-doll physics are currently being implemented, but I would like to see some bad-ass kill animations to match!

Battlefield had the knife animations, and Skyrim... Skyrim has a ton! And they're becoming increasingly common among games nowadays.

DayZ is a zombie apocalypse game... It should reek blood and gore! The current weapon swinging etc makes killing zombies a little boring after a few goes, however I think adding a unique kill animation for each weapon that will trigger say 10-25% of the time you make a kill would really step up the action and gore in the game!

A few ideas:

- burying a machete or axe into a zombie's cranium!

- thrusting a screwdriver into a zombie's eye and into it's brain!

- puncturing a hole into a zombie's head with a pickaxe!

- smashing the face of a zombie in with a shovel!

- clubbing in the side of a zombies head with a pipe wrench!

- and finally if the ability to turn around your gun and use the stock as a club, it would be nice to see your character repeatedly smashing in the head of a zombie with a gun stock!

Of course all of this wouldn't be complete without perhaps blood that squirts and splashes out and maybe have blood dripping down your screen!

Did you know I like gore? Haha I'm getting carried away here...  :blush:

• Like 1

Not possible on the engine unless you want to be locked into an animation where you can't break out of it if say; someone started shooting at you.

Edited by Daemonkid

This isn't CoD Zombies: Chernarus, nor is it the Battlefield 4 Chernarus DLC.

Go play Battlefield 4 and CoD Ghosts if you want kill animations, or you can wait until that Crysis/Elysium/Titanfall/Halo rip off Advanced Warfare is finished.

On a related note: This is impossible with the current engine.

I would like to see tracers every 3rd round or so maybe only on assault style weapons. Animations would be ok if only the weapon stuck in the zombie or player once it died. Then you would have to reloot the item off the body. But I'm happy with either style.

what i dislike about animations (thinking of battlefield 3/4) are that they take control of your character for a moment

I think shaunSAP is new. Welcome ! :D

With time you will see the many limitations of the arma engine in the way of hand to hand combat... sad we know. Notice the collision detection is already feeling very seedy when in hand to hand combat. 

With time hopefully we can see some decent improvements for the melee system.. but for now maybe hang ten and play skyrim or something ^_^

Honestly, I quite think whoever made this topic has been playing too much AvP2010.

lel.

I see the casual console gamers are out in force.

ya rite casul nub lol

Tumblr_mjeydsRmb01qfr4ypo1_500.png

^A joke.

Edited by Dr.Burd

I am aware that rag-doll physics are currently being implemented, but I would like to see some bad-ass kill animations to match!

Battlefield had the knife animations, and Skyrim... Skyrim has a ton! And they're becoming increasingly common among games nowadays.

DayZ is a zombie apocalypse game... It should reek blood and gore! The current weapon swinging etc makes killing zombies a little boring after a few goes, however I think adding a unique kill animation for each weapon that will trigger say 10-25% of the time you make a kill would really step up the action and gore in the game!

A few ideas:

- burying a machete or axe into a zombie's cranium!

- thrusting a screwdriver into a zombie's eye and into it's brain!

- puncturing a hole into a zombie's head with a pickaxe!

- smashing the face of a zombie in with a shovel!

- clubbing in the side of a zombies head with a pipe wrench!

- and finally if the ability to turn around your gun and use the stock as a club, it would be nice to see your character repeatedly smashing in the head of a zombie with a gun stock!

Of course all of this wouldn't be complete without perhaps blood that squirts and splashes out and maybe have blood dripping down your screen!

Did you know I like gore? Haha I'm getting carried away here...  :blush:

I don't think kill animations would be good, at all. although more gore would be quite amazing, maybe something along the lines of CoD WaW gore, you know limbs and shit flying everywhere but I don't think that'd really apply well seeing as there is no high powered guns yet and hopefully no time soon. unless of course they were super duper rare and could only be found in the NWA

Bullet trails? seriously.... Tracer ammo should definately be added, right now the amphibia round leave tracers but like, what even are bullet trails..

Bullet trails? seriously.... Tracer ammo should definately be added, right now the amphibia round leave tracers but like, what even are bullet trails..

Look up some videos on it. You can see the bullet slicing through the air in some cases.

They're should be an execution animation button for killing players. For zombies they're should be an animation when you hit their head with an axe or a knife or something.

I would imagine an execution for a zombie looking like this:

axe300.jpg

And for players it might look like this:

02961071a614ebc6d5fe136a3bd7c1df.jpg

Edited by saint tyrone leroy smith

They're should be an execution animation button for killing players. For zombies they're should be an animation when you hit their head with an axe or a knife or something.

I would imagine an execution for a zombie looking like this:

axe300.jpg

And for players it might look like this:

02961071a614ebc6d5fe136a3bd7c1df.jpg

Merged.

whyyy