qww

book "the trial"

if anyone bothers checking books on hardcore, and they see "the trial", i will meet you any where on the map if you reply to this topic

its got a red cover. ill give you a saline bag iv or something of value if ive got it, cheers

edit, we can add on steam , europe server prefer

Edited by qww
  • Like 2

no i read about 20 pages before i got rinsed by someone a few weeks back, have found 1 other copy, but lost again. its a cool book haha.

on the subject of book, does anyone else do like me and read in-game? sometimes i read in woods or a lowest value house with a view where i can stil look at a hill where people might pass. i find reading in game to be a good feeling at times

Edited by qww
  • Like 6

If I didnt have a tablet and access to gutenberg, I might read in game, especially some of these classics that are available.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ is awesome- but just because it is out of copyright doesn't mean they have it- yet. Sadly, they don't have this particular Kafka title. Probably needs a translator for it.

• Like 1

I keep trying to crack open Treasure Island or Moby Dick for a read but I don't get far before I get distracted.

I do love the concept. It would be nice if you could read while maintaining "some" peripheral vision though.

• Like 1

well yeah you just have that top view which can be used, it kind of adds to the paranoia in a good way though,

i knwo what you mean though, i think just alt view being usable while reading would be nice, actually i might suggest that

i am collecting books on hardcore, sadly starved recently, but if i come across 'the trial' soon will notify you

i am collecting books on hardcore, sadly starved recently, but if i come across 'the trial' soon will notify you

haha oh right, thats great thanks i check them all so if theres one you want let me know, it can add an extra mission to the game for me

• Like 1

haha oh right, thats great thanks i check them all so if theres one you want let me know, it can add an extra mission to the game for me

we totally should revive the bookclub

no i read about 20 pages before i got rinsed by someone a few weeks back, have found 1 other copy, but lost again. its a cool book haha.

on the subject of book, does anyone else do like me and read in-game? sometimes i read in woods or a lowest value house with a view where i can stil look at a hill where people might pass. i find reading in game to be a good feeling at times

I often resort to reading the bible while waiting for people to come visit me at the NWAF.. One time I sat down in front of the firestation and read the entire book of Genesis before getting up and eventually logging out. Of course I had no idea that while I was reading the player count had dropped to 2 (nighttime). lol

well yeah you just have that top view which can be used, it kind of adds to the paranoia in a good way though,

i knwo what you mean though, i think just alt view being usable while reading would be nice, actually i might suggest that

Even if we could use the hotkeys for looking around.. like my number keypad, when I hit 9 it looks behind me to my right. If we could do that while reading, it would be PERFECT.

I have an extensive book collection in real life, even comprising some first editions of some of the books in game, so I am not really directly interested in books in the game, because I prefer having the paper version in my hand, I like the smell of an 18th century book in the morning. But I do acknowledge them in the game for their rarity and I personally automatically prefer people who care about them in game, and who, like me, can't help but just check the title of the book they found on the shelf when looting.

Edited by BadAsh
  • Like 3

I have yet to read any book in game. I did it once, just to figure out how to do it, but that was it.

Although I generally look to see what titles are dropping- the main reason I go to the top of the piano house is just to see what books are up there.

I read King Solomon's Mines at the moment. Always in a bigger city for the atmosphere. :)

I wish there was a reading animation though, people find you like idle. That is bothering.

Edited by jayleann

yeah cool guys , good to see there are others  reading in game, dont forget ... "the trial" red cover, hardcore stable

Even if we could use the hotkeys for looking around.. like my number keypad, when I hit 9 it looks behind me to my right. If we could do that while reading, it would be PERFECT.

yeah thats good idea, i also put a topic in suggestion yesterday about alt view when reading

Edited by qww

Hi I've just purchased Dayz, found Kafka's "The Trial", if you still want it let me know the server and place,

also tell me how to find the place since me very n00b :)

Hi I've just purchased Dayz, found Kafka's "The Trial", if you still want it let me know the server and place,

also tell me how to find the place since me very n00b

ok tell me where you are on hardcore

I'll stay on the look out for it since I just started playing Hardcore, if you guy's deal falls through.

I'll stay on the look out for it since I just started playing Hardcore, if you guy's deal falls through.

yeah im not feeling too confident with thsi guy , haha, but yeah thanks a lot

Come to daddy, I'll eat your dog.
Seriously, I started to play today. My first attempt lasted 5 minutes, devoured by zombies at the coast.

The second one .. I falled from some stairs and broke legs, follows 2 hours of rolling on the grass..

I'd like to meet someone in the game, since I was never able to get an answer on the chat and didn't meet a single player

over half dozen of servers full of players :(

(guess only 'direct' chat was enabled).

So, apart the book, I'd like to know where you guys play and how to find you.

I'll be playing for the next hour ..

Come to daddy, I'll eat your dog.

Seriously, I started to play today. My first attempt lasted 5 minutes, devoured by zombies at the coast.

The second one .. I falled from some stairs and broke legs, follows 2 hours of rolling on the grass..

I'd like to meet someone in the game, since I was never able to get an answer on the chat and didn't meet a single player

over half dozen of servers full of players :(

(guess only 'direct' chat was enabled).

So, apart the book, I'd like to know where you guys play and how to find you.

I'll be playing for the next hour ..

haha yeah man, anyway i asked where you are in game? quote me in your reply and il stay online here to get your reply faster.

do you know how to use this map? or locate yourself? http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#2.071.093

Ok I'll try to not die, let me open the game, select a random server and read your link (don't know how to find myself, tnx for the tip!)

name of the server: [ GER ] Have a nice DayZ TEX-Clan-Regular First speak don't shoot

trying to understand where i am ...