srvrsyde

DELETED BY USER

I like this idea. Works in other games fine. Although, that might require reworking Arma itself, rather than just the mod. Idk though.

+1

I had this idea the other day. We should have three weapon slots instead of two. I mean, we all know that the inventory system needs a rework all together, so why not?

I should be able to carry a knife, pistol, and rifle.

you know how if you have road flares or other throwables in your inventory you can cycle to them with 'F'? that should be the same function for the hatchet when it's in your toolbelt. just cycle to hatchet, character pulls it out, you're ready to chop legs.

this way would be a nice temp solution instead of waiting for an inventory rework. by all means rework the inventory, it's badly needed, but deploy this little change to the hatchet's attributes for an easier weapon loadout. please.

I duly agree with this. Melee should be accessible without a loss of a rifle. Same should be for the Flashlight/Pistol switch.

Suggestion: Would it be possible to allow weapons to be 'holstered' in the Utility slots? Example - Pistol takes 1 slot(on a par with flash light) and Rifle takes 3 slots. Same right click mechanic we are having with the hatchet, 'add to belt'.

This way we can 'holster' Rifle and Pistol in utility slots and have Flashlight/Hatchet/Crowbar out and use them without dropping anything. Just right click on a weapon and move/take out weapon as needed, with a restriction of one per kind of weapon of course(ex. no multiple pistols stored). This would help game-play experience immensely.

I duly agree with this. Melee should be accessible without a loss of a rifle. Same should be for the Flashlight/Pistol switch.

Suggestion: Would it be possible to allow weapons to be 'holstered' in the Utility slots? Example - Pistol takes 1 slot(on a par with flash light) and Rifle takes 3 slots. Same right click mechanic we are having with the hatchet' date=' 'add to belt'.

This way we can 'holster' Rifle and Pistol in utility slots and have Flashlight/Hatchet/Crowbar out and use them without dropping anything. Just right click on a weapon and move/take out weapon as needed, with a restriction of one per kind of weapon of course(ex. no multiple pistols stored). This would help game-play experience immensely.

[/quote']

i support this. i was thinking the same thing. there are items that take up those slots, but honestly, who caries all of the items that belong there at one time? i fill just the top row in about a day if i'm lucky, the second row could totally be used to holster a pistol and a rifle while you have a flashlight and hatchet in the prim/second slots.

It's possible, and I'd say even probable; ROCKET's mentioned wanting to start the inventory system over from scratch.

Moving your weapon to a utility slot made me wonder what would happen to your ammo. I think they need to remove the mechanic that dumps all your primary ammo when you dump your primary weapon. It is supposed to be helpful but it almost always results in lost ammo when moving things around. Dammit Arma, just let us manage our own inventory.

I think the best work-around would be to incorporate the hatchet into your F cycle as onobi said, if that's possible.

I dont think this is possible due to the ArmA2 Engine.

I believe that is the case. Arma II has no melee option as far as I know.

You would think they would HAVE to implement some sort of melee weapon system for the final version of the game. Melee weapons have been a key part of the canon of zombie apocalypse movies/games/literature since the beginning.

Day Z without a melee weapons system would be a bit of a failure in my opinion.