Sign in to follow this  
nobody

New Zombie map (Namalsk island)

Hi.. (my english sucks)

Everybody knows,chernarus is fully explored.. so, i think it should be cool to add more islands.

I read a lot of suggestions to add more zombifined islands,I found pretty awesome map.This map remindes Stalker game series.I dont know if there are lot enterable buildings but is freaking awesome xD.. Check the screenshots and more info. Link below

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7781

Okay,this is a old version of island here is a newer one, but it looks almost same, i think, anyway,i put the first link for screenshots

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14194

• Like 4

And i found info, there is some secret underground bunker :)

I def think when Dayz goes gold, it should be on a brand new unknown map.

In the meantime a new map might be fun , that one looks nice.

Love the idea of a new map, I also think with the advent of bigger player numbers in pending updates the maps need to be bigger too. I would also love to see more dedicated dayz content. Boarded up windows on buildings, no looting signs on shops, burnt out buildings. CDC style units setup around the big towns.

Don't get me wrong, Namalsk is a great map, however its to small...

I personally think that chernarus is already a pretty small map, since you can travel from one end of the map to the other in about half an hour..

A bigger map is needed, maybe a expansion of chernarus.

I know that takistan and chernarus are both connected to a land that is roughly 3 times the size of chernarus, so if that can get added, along with takistan, that would make a brilliant map.

^ Huh? 60 people on a server spread out over 600sq kl? You would never run into anyone, ever. We don't need LARGER singular maps, just more balanced and refined ones that give options. But with having a character that stays on a master database, having different maps would become an issue. I want to leave this one to the developers, because they know the system limitation far better than I do.

60 people spread over 600km² is alright so far. As long as you spread out the villages and towns more. The Chernarus-Map simply is too packed. There are nearly no quiet spots where you can hide/setcamp between the villages. Only the corners have a bit of quietness... but not enough, since people use it as a easy-travel-route (what is alright imho. you need that, too.).

So if you have a bigger map with less towns/villages, then people would still meet in the cities. Like they do now. :D

60 people spread over 600km² is alright so far. As long as you spread out the villages and towns more. The Chernarus-Map simply is too packed. There are nearly no quiet spots where you can hide/setcamp between the villages. Only the corners have a bit of quietness... but not enough' date=' since people use it as a easy-travel-route (what is alright imho. you need that, too.).

So if you have a bigger map with less towns/villages, then people would still meet in the cities. Like they do now. :D

[/quote']

Yeah I agree. You don't need a huge map with a ton more villages, maybe 1 or 2 more big cities and a lot of open space. People would still be found in the major cities and mil bases.

A few large islands would be cool, which would make finding a boat more important.

Agree with OP with more maps. There are quite some nice Eastern European maps made that are similiar in size and have big cities and vilages to boot. Taviana comes into mind.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15085

For the people that favor pvp or wanna survive in the big city there's Emita City for that. A massive city island, twice the size of Zargabad!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15482

If you want something more exotic could try Isola di Capraia, it's rather big, lots of space, some towns, pretty much every building is enterable, but it might be too small for 50+ players.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12961

Island Panthera is great aswell, the terrain is hard, theres massive forrests, mountains, plains, rivers and what not. Easy to get lost in ;)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7467

Hopefully some of the amazing community maps will be added to the mod, Cherno is known to all very well from campaign and mp and it's just so tuned for gameplay with no bigger distances and no larger forests, cover everywhere and so on.

• Like 1

Gonna download Namalsk now and try DayZ on it :D

Thanks for the other links, now i have something to do today.

Should just make a completely new map thats based round and looks like a zombie break-out has happend

How about letting server admins to run any map they want on their server, or maybe any map from pre-approved list, but only let players connect to servers using the same map their character is on? If your character is dead then you can start new one on any map and be limited to that map until your char is dead again. Another option is to have separate characters on every map but that seem less favorable to me for some reason.

How about letting server admins to run any map they want on their server' date=' or maybe any map from pre-approved list, but only let players connect to servers using the same map their character is on? If your character is dead then you can start new one on any map and be limited to that map until your char is dead again. Another option is to have separate characters on every map but that seem less favorable to me for some reason.

[/quote']

I think,this would be amazing definitely i am agree with you!But it should have same number of servers.. i mean:15 Chernarus servers,15 Namalsk Servers,15 X servers,15 Y servers..

Today i was thinking about this thread a lot.. and i got a great idea..

What about, you can travel between various islands..I dont know if it could be good between all islands.. but my original suggestion was only new Namalsk island.. So, back to my suggestion, what about,if you can repair boat like in normal dayz. but if you ride a boat to a certain grid in namalsk sea you will spawn in Chernaruss, on the boat,on the sea along to coast.. (sorry for my poor english :P) hope you understand

Heres my question. A new map sounds great but how would that really work? Would all servers switch to new map or would it just depend on server? I could see it working if they all switched but what would happen to our characters when they switched? Say we last logged off near cherno. Where would we be on the new map? Or if only some servers change then how does that work when switching between servers with different maps?

Heres my question. A new map sounds great but how would that really work? Would all servers switch to new map or would it just depend on server? I could see it working if they all switched but what would happen to our characters when they switched? Say we last logged off near cherno. Where would we be on the new map? Or if only some servers change then how does that work when switching between servers with different maps?

Truly, i dont know.. maybe it would be better to do a map with two, or more islands.. If you played arma 1 you know there was a islands Sahrani and Rahmadi and in sahrani map there was rahmadi added too.. so if we will have 2+ islands we shoud simply find a correct direction on our compass and move there..

I definitely agree with the suggestion to place two or more islands on one map. That way, there could be the spawn island, that's a bit crowded and has mostly newer players, and fewer ridiculous military spawns, but when they get ready to go, they can get a boat or helicopter (possibly a plane) and go to the "upper island", with more bandits, more military bases, and more cities. They would be separated by a defined boundary between the bandit/pvp realm and the "eke out a living" realm.

Perhaps veteran groups could recruit players on the Lower island to be cannon fodder, and these "off the boat" guys...

Well, here I am getting ahead of myself. But what do you guys think? It won't end banditry or discourage pvp in any way, but at least the newer guys will be sheltered somewhat from the majority of the One Man Army bandits, as I call them, the ones with the M107s and M249s and ghillie suits and nvgs.

Definitely like the idea, only if there are either different Hive servers to accommodate or an option to choose "map" before joining a server, or it just tells you the map on the server list.

it would be good if it was a island floating not to far from chernarus and ther is a bridge connecting the two, although the bridge would probably be gaurded by bandits alot