Bloggz

Have vehicles become super rare since the up-tick in players?

I've noticed that since DayZ's up turn in popularity (every server being full most of the day now) that vehicles are just non-existent?

Is this a product of hoarding / bugs, I don't know, but I've trekked to around 12-14 vehicle spawns over the past 3 days and found zero vehicles, not even seen one in 3 days. I had an ATV but it got bugged on a dam and I had to leave it, that was 4 days ago...

Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

People store them away, they usually keep them in one spot and use it for item storage. I usually camp Stary for that red car that spawns there.

Some times green mountain has an off-road but everyone always takes that one.

Anyways to further help you on your quest for vehicles here's this map.

http://dayzdb.com/map#3.060.083

It shows spawn rate on loot at areas, also has vehicle locations.

Same i've not seen one in ages all i found in the last 2 days was a bike by chance lol

Clans or groups grab them, then pull them off map.

I've been playing for a month and have seen one bus in action, a broken down van, a tractor and two bikes - one of which didn't work.

Never seen a 'copter.

"I had an ATV but it got bugged on a dam and I had to leave it, that was 4 days ago..."

by chance, was that seattle 76?

myself and my group of friends got a UAZ and offroad and hid the offroad for storage and used the UAZ for runs into towns.

We got raided this morning though and lost everything but after running through forest's and tracking bandit's from the NW airfield to there camps we now have a bus and ATV however they are in bad places with no fuel so I doubt they'll be there when I log in the morning.

Would you expect to find a gold bar sitting on the sidewalk in NYC?

Go somewhere with less foot traffic, and your odds of stumbling across a vehicle are increased. In the last 21 days I have randomly stumbled across, stolen or repaired the following:

2x ATV

3x Bicycle

1x GAZ

2x Military Offroad

1x Motorcycle

2x Offroad Pickup Truck

1x UAZ

1x Small Boat

At least half of these I stumbled on at their spawn points, missing critical parts, which I then ventured out to find. The others came from discovering other peoples' hiding spots, or places where it seems people carelessly ran out of gas or broke a wheel (easily repaired with a bit of time).

With clever parking and care, I have kept some of these in my possession for over 15 days - traveling the length and breadth of the map.

I did all this alone or with one partner sometimes. No big clan necessary. You're not being victimized by the big, bad hoarding clans - and if you are, go and find their base. The idea that they all hide off the map is bunk - many of my vehicle steals have come from on-map bandit camps containing 4-5 vehicles in addition to the one I stole.

Look for people's hiding spots.

Vehicles take a minimum of 7 days to spawn if they have not been touched in a while. Expect a new vehicle to spawn rarely.

Our group has collected a number of vehicles, and while I like to use them aggressively, they're basically gone forever if you use them. What I would like to see is this

**Vehicles need to be fueled AT gas stations. Forcing you to actually take risks**

Right now, I take the truck with 20 fuel cans to the most remote tank I know of and safely

fuel it up with no risk. Have fuel for days

This is why I'm curious if they need to maybe re-think the situation on the vehicles, with the new popularity its gone from being challenging to get a vehicle to impossible and for me at least its really taking something away from the game (atm)...

Thanks for the link to the map, I had already discovered this little gem.

I can confirm that I have trekked to numerous vehicle spawn points, and also switched between servers in my attempts to re-locate a vehicle! ;)

I have never seen a vehicle in a listed spawn location, but I have definitely found multiple vehicles untouched by other players.

Something to do with luck and something to do with knowing where to look.

Also, to everyone complaining that people are hording/hiding the vehicles, I have a few questions for you guys.

If you found a vehicle, would you leave it in the middle of Stary Sobor when you logged off?

If you found a second vehicle, would you just leave it for the next person who comes along?

Ya, I thought so..

For the past week or so I've been actively searching for any vehicle on the server I play during the evening, no sign of them but I suppose someone has already found and made off with them. I'll keep searching if I don't find one within a month then I'll start complaining.

People store them away' date=' they usually keep them in one spot and use it for item storage. I usually camp Stary for that red car that spawns there.

Some times green mountain has an off-road but everyone always takes that one.

Anyways to further help you on your quest for vehicles here's this map.

http://dayzdb.com/map#3.060.083

It shows spawn rate on loot at areas, also has vehicle locations.

[/quote']

holy shit that map is epic

In the last two weeks on the ONE server I play so I can't speak for any other server

I've had in my possession

-Bus (Found it in a field by someone trying to hid it, in bad condition fixed it up had for a few days then got shot out of it when i went to pick up a new spawn near cherno)

-2 Pedal Bikes found along the coast

-1 Motorbike found north of stary sober in a field (don't know why it was there)

-1 Red Car spawned in Stary sober had to repair everything on it and found it within 10 minutes of finding the motorcycle

-2 Tractors found one at a spawn the other I killed a guy while he was doing doughnuts around a helicopter crash site (was pretty funny)

-1 Offroad truck found in the middle of the NWAF on the runway fully fixed with enough fuel to drive to safety (again I don't know why it was there)

I have seen these vehicles

-Another motorbike with two people on it

-A red car cruise through stary sober crashing into things (terrible driver)

-A green jeep/humvee looking thing

-Heard another vehicle near me drive past that was unrelated and far away from my other sightings

-A flipped over ATV near Berezino that I blew up so it would respawn (haven't seen or found one since)

My advice? Consistently play one server and it'll actually increase your chances of finding vehicles, because your looking throughout one "world" instead of spreading your time throughout different servers.

Think outside the box where would you hide a vehicle when going to a decent town like berezino or the NWAF? camp those locations and take a vehicle by force if you need to

I don't blame people for hoarding, I would too, but it definitely degrades the experience for anyone else!

Necessity dictates behaviour.

I don't really care if they hoard, it's just upsetting when they hoard 3 or 4 of them for themself.

I watched a hackers live stream of DayZ, was in a post here that got removed.

He was able to enable/disable at will all world spawns with color coding, players, vehicles, zeds, loot, animals - you name it, its location was shown in game.

He was able to hop from vehicle to vehicle.

With hacks out like that, Im sure others use it & locate & hoard.

There's just no where to hide a vehicle from a hack like I watched.