Arkham

So..uhhh...now what?

So I'm fairly well equipped now, and zombies don't really scare me any more. I can sneak around them fairly well, and if i do manage to aggro them I'll simply run into buildings and pop them once in the head with my AK.

I have a canteen that i can refill as needed, a hatchet, matches and a hunting knife so food isnt a problem any more.

So what else is there to do now, PVP? If i want to PVP, i'll play a vanilla ARMA2 map.

Are we going to get missions and things zombie specific to do, such as "rescue the farmers daughter" or things like that?

Because right now, once you are past the very hard noob stage and get decent gear, the mod looses its excitement.

My buddy and I are ran into the same situation. The next step is to pick a good sever, pitch a tent somewhere in the wood and start dumping gear into it. Live off the nearby cities and make runs with just your pistol and an empty pack and fill your tent up with awesome stuff. Then when you die, just just need to get back to it and you can restock many times. After that.. try to get a vehicle? Still haven't seen one myself.

play with friends, SOMEONE WILL DIE. And you have a new objective to get them geared again.

Get a car, keeping it repaired and fueled is a common objective in my group.

Become a vigilante in a high pop server, killing bandits in cherno, elektro, berezino, or wherever.

swim as far as you can south.

see if you can aggro more than 500 zombies throughout the entire map.

find camps, destroy camps

find vehicles, camp vehicles, destroy vehicles when another player repairs them

Don't Know bro. My best answers were the first two, and they work for me just fine. Playing solo is BOOORING for me.

I guess but thats not exactly a thrill. Once you get past the initial hardness of the game the difficulty falls off dramatically. Zombies, once a major source of fear, now become an irritant.

I know its alpha and a lot of features are not implemented, but I may take a 3-4 month vacation from the mod while more stuff is built in. I dont want to play it to death and get bored of it and miss when all the cool stuff comes out.

You obviously have no imagination.

This is a sandbox, make your own fun. Set an objective and go complete it.

- Raid NWAF for better gear

- Look for vehicles to repair

- Set up camp store spare gear

- Raid a hospital so you have a tent full of spare medical gear

- Put together a group on comms (its much more fun to do these things together)

- Hunt bandits

- Hunt players

- Hunt zombies

Hopfully more and more game mechanics will be introduced over the course of development so we can havea bigger choice of what to do.

Rather than gear farm or PvP, why not try the (short) life of a wasteland medic? Lots of threads about it, it sounds like the most difficult way to play the game. Alternatively, you could try running as a guard for a medic and see how long you can keep them alive. There's also world record attempts to be had. Like, "The largest field ever completely covered in barbed wire" and "The biggest Zombie pen ever constructed".

Cherno cop is sounding increasingly fun in my mind... but I wouldn't want to do it alone. I dream of having civilization in at least one city in Chernerus for a while.

Well having "NPC" rescue missions and such will remove part of the "sandbox" element.

NPC objectives however do not remove the sandbox concept unless they are Required. If quests remain optional we can still keep the sandbox but I'm not sure how they would be implemented.

The real concept is that you find a friend and have her be the farmers daughter and you play the farmer and ask another player to help you find/rescue her. Thats real sandbox implementation.

My group has started working on fixing vehicles so that we can make runs down south to pick up friends of ours that are new to the game and bring them back to camp.

play with friends' date=' SOMEONE WILL DIE. And you have a new objective to get them geared again.

Get a car, keeping it repaired and fueled is a common objective in my group.

Become a vigilante in a high pop server, killing bandits in cherno, elektro, berezino, or wherever.

swim as far as you can south.

see if you can aggro more than 500 zombies throughout the entire map.

find camps, destroy camps

find vehicles, camp vehicles, destroy vehicles when another player repairs them

Don't Know bro. My best answers were the first two, and they work for me just fine. Playing solo is BOOORING for me.

[/quote']

all things I do, I know I enjoy it but some extra padding would be cool

The game is survival, theres no need for objectives or missions in the standard "quest" format, I honestly think that set up will ruin the game.

Keep it as it is, survival sandbox, if its getting old, come back to it after a break, it'll be brand new again

So I'm fairly well equipped now' date=' and zombies don't really scare me any more. I can sneak around them fairly well, and if i do manage to aggro them I'll simply run into buildings and pop them once in the head with my AK.

I have a canteen that i can refill as needed, a hatchet, matches and a hunting knife so food isnt a problem any more.

So what else is there to do now, PVP? If i want to PVP, i'll play a vanilla ARMA2 map.

Are we going to get missions and things zombie specific to do, such as "rescue the farmers daughter" or things like that?

Because right now, once you are past the very hard noob stage and get decent gear, the mod looses its excitement.

[/quote']

Seek npc's and get some quest for EPIX or seek a group to raid for tier armors kill x mobs so you get your xp by grinding:P

@shanks, disagree myself. Although I'm not keen on the idea of quests either, because this is a survival sandbox, there's needs to be more happening to stop you basically becoming comfortable at 'higher levels' (ie: kitted out and stock up). Maybe the occurrence of one off /rare events, NPC/AI powered higher level enemies (make use of the military zombies). Some higher level goals than maintaining vehicles. As much fun as it is, I have found myself leaving my squad and just going back to elektro to hunt bandits to keep the game tense and exciting.

I'm really curious to see what features are implemented to keep the game interesting and engaging once you move inland.

raiding the airfields with a buddy is the single most intense thing I have ever done in any game.

I must say I am addicted to airfields ;P

if you aren't dying then you're probably doing it wrong

your fun level will be directly proportional to the risks you take

@shanks' date=' disagree myself. Although I'm not keen on the idea of quests either, because this is a survival sandbox, there's needs to be more happening to stop you basically becoming comfortable at 'higher levels' (ie: kitted out and stock up). Maybe the occurrence of one off /rare events, NPC/AI powered higher level enemies (make use of the military zombies). Some higher level goals than maintaining vehicles. As much fun as it is, I have found myself leaving my squad and just going back to elektro to hunt bandits to keep the game tense and exciting.

I'm really curious to see what features are implemented to keep the game interesting and engaging once you move inland.

[/quote']

He could remove tent/vehicle persistent storage. That way, when people die, they have to start over, not just run to camp and pick up where they left off. The game is a lot of fun when, you know, you actually play it.

He could remove tent/vehicle persistent storage. That way' date=' when people die, they have to start over, not just run to camp and pick up where they left off. The game is a lot of fun when, you know, you actually play it.

[/quote']

Right, because no playing took place in all the time it took that person to find a copy of every item they need and storing it in a safe location.

And before you counter with stuff about dupes and exploits lets remember it's Alpha. Dupes/exploits will get fixed. Removing storage, however, is an awful idea and takes out a huge part of the game.

kill yourself and do it all over again.

not a joke, you should seriously do that. there is no end game yet, or ever. it's a sandbox so it's all up to you. if you've collected everything and you're not finding anything left to do, kill yourself and do it all again because face it, this is alpha and it's almost guaranteed that everyone will experience a wipe sooner or later. you're not going to be able to keep all that gear forever so what's the point in boring yourself with all the best gear if you're not going to PVP?

I'm not sure how people think tents work, more often then not when you die, your still going to have to get food and water and probably one morphine (you can always break a leg it seems) before I can get back to my camp. So the game is still fun for me when that happens.

Find a vehicle dude they need constant upkeep, are extremely useful and are awesome when you find another crashed vehicle and you have all the parts stored in your working one already.

I play with my 4 roommates, we have a new objective every night sometimes its food sometimes its pops/drinks, sometimes its medical supplies(that stuff is as good as gold now that you don't spawn with it).

Currently our objective is to collect as many tank traps and wire fencing kits as we can and were planning on setting up a roadblock to hijack vehicles. Our plan is to try and let them live but who knows how that'll work out. It'll be just way funnier if we don't kill them and they have to stand there and watch us drive off in there vehicle lol.

Also if your getting bored your not taking any risks then obviously.

And for the love of this game NO quests lol. If you guys want quests go check out Wow or SWTOR or EVE or pretty much every other game in existence, please don't put it in this one.

He could remove tent/vehicle persistent storage. That way' date=' when people die, they have to start over, not just run to camp and pick up where they left off. The game is a lot of fun when, you know, you actually play it.

[/quote']

Right, because no playing took place in all the time it took that person to find a copy of every item they need and storing it in a safe location.

And before you counter with stuff about dupes and exploits lets remember it's Alpha. Dupes/exploits will get fixed. Removing storage, however, is an awful idea and takes out a huge part of the game.

Yeah but it doesn't really make sense apart from a safety net or when people eventually fuck up and die.

In game, why would this new guy (your respawn) know exactly where some dead dude hes never met has stashed a tent full of guns etc?

A new spawn should be a new spawn, i.e, your needs should be to search for gear, not prance along to a tent that your toon should really have no awareness of and restock to end game levels.

Characters should have a tent on spawn, that replaces one/some of the previous lifes tent. then, the tent you start with should be used as a log in/de-log point. As one wayof countering Dcing etc.

Go play Tribes.

Unfortunately I have no friends to play with so I am solo and cant really do a lot of the team work shit yet.

In game' date=' why would this new guy (your respawn) know [i']exactly where some dead dude hes never met has stashed a tent full of guns etc?

I don't know, why is your consciousness able to teleport from a dead survivor into a living one? Some things we have to take for granted.

Persistent storage allows for long term goals. Camp building, vehicle restoration, high degrees of teamwork, supplying new recruits you bring into the game, etc. Eventually it will serve as a staging ground for many other mechanics rocket has proposed up to and including building settlements.

Dying is still costly, no matter what - tents or otherwise. Most legitimate players don't have multiple NVGs or coyote elite backpacks or FAN FALs coming out of their ears. The ones who do are probably exploiting dupe bugs which will shortly be fixed putting them back on even ground.

Dying still costs people their best stuff, and a long trip back to atent fraught with danger - often taking hours. It's still a massive setback and a detriment to all other things in the game. It's really punishment enough as-is without also wiping the slate completely clean.

Why do people talk "end game" gear lol. I can kill you with my winchester/lee enfield just as effectively as with my M107. Endgame to me makes it sound like a large gap between starting players and people with hours on there character. It literally comes down to the person behind the monitor more so then any MMO i've played.

Tents are alot of work try setting one up yourself and filling it up with gear for a new character. Try it you won't to lose tents either.

It creates so many new goals for groups and even single players.