gibonez

Will the new AKM suck ?

AKM dispersion  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the AKM will have horrible dispersion?

Meh, I wish they'd refrain from making those stupid high capacity mags...

Soon, everyone will be running about with drum mags in their AKM

/shrug

I don't see anything wrong with it. They'll probably be made rarer eventually.

Only thing I want is for them to treat the 60 round magazine for the M4 as two separate magazines with a lessened reload time. Rather than as one pool of 60 rounds.

Meh, I wish they'd refrain from making those stupid high capacity mags...

Soon, everyone will be running about with drum mags in their AKM

Sadly yes.

Even sadder is that the akm will still be useless due to its dispersion.

Sadly yes.

So is it confirmed to be terrible?

• Like 1

So is it confirmed to be terrible?

Lol, until all guns are able to be shot as if we were super snipers all guns will be terrible.

• Like 1

Lol, until all guns are able to be shot as if we were super snipers all guns will be terrible.

Now all they need to make is a failed replica of you Megatron and all shall be complete...... XD

Now all they need to make is a failed replica of you Megatron and all shall be complete...... XD

Puny human.  I would crush you with my bare hands.

Puny human.  I would crush you with my bare hands.

Bring it on! Imma wiggle outta it like a snake and roll out a window if there is a window.........

XD

That is not what anyone is asking....

We only want the real life properties in the gun to be given to them along with that more in depth shooting mechanics like enhanced sway, and weapon resting for optimal stability.

If the weapons were given their real life accuracy values how would the akm somehow turn into a super sniper like you state ?

Where's the AKM spawn? In stable? Still don't see experimental servers

I assume exp servers were up briefly last night or the night before thats where some of the footage of the akm started to surface.

The akm was spawning inside of civilian houses.

• Like 1

You sure the 100 was not what the weapon was elevation adjusted to ?

No I don't think im that stupid, and number 100 was in the inventory on the Drum mag

There's a 100-round CMAG on file for the M4A1, not the AKM mag which is a 75-rounder.

I know how to tell if a Betacmag or a 7.62x39 drum, it was 1 drum, did not like the betacmag (2 drums connected)

Sadly yes.

As useless as an M4?

Jesus Gib, you certainly aren't afraid of a little hyperbole.

As useless as an M4?

Jesus Gib, you certainly aren't afraid of a little hyperbole.

Half as useless. I should say if the MOA accuracy that gews told is indeed correct.

I think it would be a good time to start implementing weapons into specific sections of the map to increase traffic.  Would love if the AKM only spawned in say NWAF and/or Balota (barracks spawns?), giving a real reason to head west again.

When higher end gear gets eventually added they could spread out akm spawns, but I really think they should start creating incentive to get away from the east coast, and new loot is the perfect way to do that.  Could do the same with the new large vests as well.

Edited by Bororm

I think it would be a good time to start implementing weapons into specific sections of the map to increase traffic.  Would love if the AKM only spawned in say NWAF and/or Balota (barracks spawns?), giving a real reason to head west again.

When higher end gear gets eventually added they could spread out akm spawns, but I really think they should start creating incentive to get away from the east coast, and new loot is the perfect way to do that.  Could do the same with the new large vests as well.

I could also see it being more of a disadvantage though to if all the good gear only spawned inland. If you knew what to do you could just rush up north get kitted than come back down and slaughter new ppl that cant get a weapon right away. I think that they probably know this though so we will more than likely see something balanced hopefully closer to beta.

Edited by Deathlove

Always been a fan of location specific loot.

Western military gear in one section, eastern mil gear in another.

Civilian gear with a city focus on the coastal cities so shotguns, and pistols.

Remote villages have more hunting rifles and hunting ammo.

though to be truly honest the only way to spread people around is with the spawn method.

Only a completely random and dynamic spawn system will get people evenly distributed around the map.

Edited by gibonez

though to be truly honest the only way to spread people around is with the spawn method.

Only a completely random and dynamic spawn system will get people evenly distributed around the map.

Yep so maybe we will see those rare moments where we might actually find an M4A1 or a mosin in a normal house rather than the 5 or 6 specific locations spread on the map at the moment.

Random spawns around the map won't do anything, everyone will still gravitate towards the hot spots or suicide till they're close.  It's an extremely forced way of trying to make use of the map, and an incredibly annoying one to those who like to play in a group.

If all the best loot is on the west side of the map, and you have completely random spawns, I am going to suicide till I get a spawn on the west side of the map.  Why should I run 20 minutes when I can spawn about 10 times in that duration, with a high probability of getting one closer to my destination?

It worked fine in the mod to have the best loot inland.  It provided incentive to go inwards, then you return to the coast to use the gear or stay up north depending on what you were into.  Vehicles spawns and camps got people around the map as well.  So did heli crashes.  It is easy to get people to use the map, you just provide incentive, the problem currently is there's no reason to because everything you need is right by where you spawn.  So put the shit you "need" further away.

Random spawns potentially reduce the journey, which is more important than the destination.

I could also see it being more of a disadvantage though to if all the good gear only spawned inland. If you knew what to do you could just rush up north get kitted than come back down and slaughter new ppl that cant get a weapon right away. I think that they probably know this though so we will more than likely see something balanced hopefully closer to beta.

PvP in dayz isn't purely about who has the better gear.  We saw this same thing in the mod, where people grab high end weaponry and go back to the coast to shoot fresh spawns.  The result was that yeah, you kill a lot of fresh spawns but eventually you end up dead yourself because a makarov can kill you just the same as a dmr.  Fresh spawns are even less defenseless now, punching and melee are very viable.  We already see countless examples of groups kitted out camping the coast and eventually being killed themselves because some fresh spawn runs up and knocks them out and suddenly has an m4.

I will say current spawns are a lot more crammed together than they were in the mod however, so I agree that they should be further spread out along more of the coast.

It simply cannot suck, since its an AK =)

It simply cannot suck, since its an AK =)

Yes it can especially when the make one of the most accurate guns in real life the M4A1 completely inaccurate in game.

Prepare for the AKM to shoot sheep and jump out of your hands and run down the road screaming "IM FRIENDLY! IM FRIENDLY!"

• Like 2

Yes it can especially when the make one of the most accurate guns in real life the M4A1 completely inaccurate in game.

Prepare for the AKM to shoot sheep and jump out of your hands and run down the road screaming "IM FRIENDLY! IM FRIENDLY!"

If only people knew that weapons are not measured just by the accuracy, but I hope they will bring in weapon jamming and the effect of environment on the firearms in general, but at the moment only thing we can say is "I have a dream, that one day Dayz...) ;D

I assure you that no AKM of mine will ever be "friendly".

Random spawns around the map won't do anything, everyone will still gravitate towards the hot spots or suicide till they're close.  It's an extremely forced way of trying to make use of the map, and an incredibly annoying one to those who like to play in a group.

with a dynamic spawn system where nearly every square foot of the map that does not contain a building is a potential spawn point you will certainly not suicide till you get a spawn you like.

1. You will spawn in the wilderness more than likely and wont have anywhere to suicide from.

2. It will be too time consuming to suicide for the small chance that you might get a favorable spawn .

3. random spawn will slow down suicide dramatically tot  he point people will stop doing it all together and just adapt.

With a completely dynamic spawn system suicide for better spawns just wont work no statistical way for a suicide to benefit the player.

Not only that but the act of suicide would be far too time consuming for it to be worth it.

Thus the map is populated from people trying to get their bearings + traveling on their way to their preffered hotspots.

• Like 1