Yuval

[Release] DayZ Server Files 1.8.0.3 (Ready-To-Use)

DayZ Server Files 1.8.0.3

Ready-To-Use

So yeah! After more than 2 hours I finally managed to get the server files working. These server files are optimized for use, including the SQL files, start_server batch file, BE filters, server config, basic config and MPMission files which aren't included in the official release version.

It might sound easy to set up if you're skilled at making servers in ArmA 2 - but as a guy that doesn't know anything about it - I found it hard to set that server up. With these files every dummy could set up a dayz server!

Download

2 mirrors. Don't break them because it gives bad luck.

Solidfiles - http://www.solidfiles.com/d/b82c21f904/dayz-server-files-1.8.0.3.rar
Mediafire - https://www.mediafire.com/?xrvbdg5923w1ewo

Installation

Step 1 - Create a new folder - we will call it "server" only for this demonstration.
Step 2 - Copy and paste ArmA 2 directory's content into "server" folder.
Step 3 - Copy and paste ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead directory's content into "server" folder (Replace files if needed, OPTIONAL - Remove folders that starts with '@', they are not needed and take a lot of space).
Step 4 - Copy and paste the server files into "server" folder. (Replace files if needed).
Step 5 - Setup a mysql database, with the following information:

- Database = dayzdb
- host/ip = localhost
- port = 3306
- username = root
- password = (Blank, no password)

Step 6 - Go to "server" folder, and copy all files inside the "SQL" folder to the newly created MySQL database.
Step 7 (Optional) - Inside "server" folder, go to "cfgdayz" and edit the server.cfg file however you want - make a backup file of it just to make sure you don't screw stuff up.
Step 8 - Inside "server" folder, open the "@INIT_SERVER.bat" file, wait for the server console to load and you're done!

If hosting the server from your own computer, the server's IP should be localhost:2302 for YOU, and <YOUR IP>:2302 for others (Write down "What is my IP" in google to find out your IP).
If hosting the server in a dedicated server, it should be <Server IP>:2302 for you and others.

Found mistakes?

I'm pretty sure I have already stated I know nothing about AO/dayz servers. If I did any mistakes please PM me or reply so I could fix up the Installation guide / files (incase something's wrong or missing).

Thanks!

Enjoy.

Credits

Dean "Rocket" Hall and the DayZ Dev-Team - Creating this mod and releasing the server files.
Pwnoz0r - SQL files
Stanley (me) - Server Initialization Batch File, server.cfg
Justallinoneresource & Calling the Tech Wolf (Youtube Channels) - My minimal knowledge came from their videos.

If you could make a video on this tutorial and server files - Please do, send me the link and I'll add it to the thread!
Edited by StanleyWasHappy