Sign in to follow this  
PRMadMax (DayZ)

Aircraft Carriers & heli crash sites

Hey,

I think It would be interesting to see Air craft carriers off the coast of Solnichniy and  Chernogorsk.

These carriers should be off the coast at a distance a player cannot interact with them, the whole idea is they are there to maintain a quarantine, anyone attempting to fly a plane out of the chernarus quarantine would be shot down.

There are a couple of points to note where this could be interesting:

• There could have fighter jets running sorties off the carriers (patrolling up an down far off the coast randomly).
  • The carriers could be lit at night and look great.

• When on the coast of Chenogorsk or Solnichniy players could tune radios into a known frequency and hear military chatter from the carriers and jets.
  • - This could tie in further with the whole helicopter crash sites within the map, I.e: the choppers are launched from the carriers, as they are launching players in-game with radios nearby might here several locations (map-grids) the chopper plans to scout.

No players should be allowed near or on the carriers, they are there to maintain the quarantine of the chernarus!.

Edited by PRMadMax
  • Like 3

Pretty sure DayZ is set after the world has gone tits up, not just Chernarus. Interesting idea though :) I like the walkie talkie radio info idea, although most modern militaries use encrypted comms so it wouldn't be very realistic

Edited by Timmymachine109

I would like the return of the random chopper crashes from the mod in the country side offering up loots you cant get elsewhere!

It gives players a reason to traverese "dead zones"  and rewards them for hours of hiking about the map in hopes of stumblin' upon one.

• Like 1

I would like the return of the random chopper crashes from the mod in the country side offering up loots you cant get elsewhere!

It gives players a reason to traverese "dead zones"  and rewards them for hours of hiking about the map in hopes of stumblin' upon one.

Unfortunately rocket said he wasn't bringing these back. In fact he wasn't bringing back any "scripted events" so I don't think we will ever see the dead zones used...

Unfortunately rocket said he wasn't bringing these back. In fact he wasn't bringing back any "scripted events" so I don't think we will ever see the dead zones used...

sadly i feel more and more with every tidbit i learn that modders are the only hope for the game i invisioned when i bought SA on release day :( (cleaned up version of vanilla mod)

I have pretty much zero faith in rocket's direction at this point. im far to colored by the experience the mod offered which was more of a balance between of PvP, Looting, and Zombies. The SA seems to want to go down the road of becoming extremely annoying. remember that one mod that wa son namalsk where you were likely to die of starvation stuff was so rare? yeah that really stayed popular for long xD

• Like 1

sadly i feel more and more with every tidbit i learn that modders are the only hope for the game i invisioned when i bought SA on release day :( (cleaned up version of vanilla mod)

I have pretty much zero faith in rocket's direction at this point. im far to colored by the experience the mod offered which was more of a balance between of PvP, Looting, and Zombies. The SA seems to want to go down the road of becoming extremely annoying. remember that one mod that wa son namalsk where you were likely to die of starvation stuff was so rare? yeah that really stayed popular for long xD

Hopefully more people think that way.

I am not against new ideas but I explain my experience in mod. I logged on with couple of my friends, about 4 or 5 of them, on our regular server. First thing we did, was to find a helicopter. It wasn't hard for us because most people used same hideouts and some helicopters even sat in their spawns forever because there weren't enough teams to loot the parts and fix them. So, we randomly took one heli with which we found many others. Then we went through whole map and cleaned every single helicrash site, stored the loot and ran around killing everything on our way. Rarely anyone else got anything from helicrash sites besides mine and the opposing group in that server. Helicrashes were about finding weapons and equipment that we couldn't get elsewhere but for only to kill other players more efficiently.

What I am trying to say, is that helicrashes didn't add more content to game that drew players from slaughtering eachother. It just gave more weapons to give more options on how to do it.

Nope, I don't want that back. I rather run around on an empty 225 sq km map than take part of that again.

• Like 2

Hopefully more people think that way.

I am not against new ideas but I explain my experience in mod. I logged on with couple of my friends, about 4 or 5 of them, on our regular server. First thing we did, was to find a helicopter. It wasn't hard for us because most people used same hideouts and some helicopters even sat in their spawns forever because there weren't enough teams to loot the parts and fix them. So, we randomly took one heli with which we found many others. Then we went through whole map and cleaned every single helicrash site, stored the loot and ran around killing everything on our way. Rarely anyone else got anything from helicrash sites besides mine and the opposing group in that server. Helicrashes were about finding weapons and equipment that we couldn't get elsewhere but for only to kill other players more efficiently.

What I am trying to say, is that helicrashes didn't add more content to game that drew players from slaughtering eachother. It just gave more weapons to give more options on how to do it.

Nope, I don't want that back. I rather run around on an empty 225 sq km map than take part of that again.

the only way squads are going to stop targetting eachother is with private hives that forbid OOC/Non-RP killing. No matter how much some would like to avoid it clans will always do what clans do- look out for thier own and mow down those in thier way. Giving people more options will neither increase nor decrease KOS but it will atleast draw the clans/PvP squads into isolated conflicts at these remote locations.

the only way squads are going to stop targetting eachother is with private hives that forbid OOC/Non-RP killing. No matter how much some would like to avoid it clans will always do what clans do- look out for thier own and mow down those in thier way. Giving people more options will neither increase nor decrease KOS but it will atleast draw the clans/PvP squads into isolated conflicts at these remote locations.

More or less, you are correct. However, making the slaughter easier will increase slaughtering. Too many lazy people that have no intention to search for content. Just a quick fight, death, repeat. I don't mind any playstyle. It is up to player to choose his way. But I can't support the add-ons that give better odds for one style, less for other. I haven't made a single shot at player, in Standalone, that wasn't absolutely necessary from my position. Simply because I have different goals that can be achieved without killing anyone. For me, and this is personally my opinion, any weapon is sufficient to work with. I am out to survive. I can make my way out of unpleasant situations with most common weapon or without any, at all. I don't find placing helicopter crashsites, that would spawn rare and more powerful weaponry, justified. As it is, my own opinion and feel free to disagree. In my eyes, it gives more advantage to one playstyle, that is slaughtering, and less to survivors.

I wouldn't play more or less though if these were implemented. I am ready to adapt to any changes that could be made in Standalone. Hopefully they will still keep all the people in mind when making updates. Everyone should have equal possibilities by environment, and balance between different playstyles. I remember the mod days. It was bloodbath. No one even tried to play it in survival key. And who did, quit after few attempts and joined the mess.

Edited by SGT. Kalme
  • Like 1

More or less, you are correct. However, making the slaughter easier will increase slaughtering. Too many lazy people that have no intention to search for content. Just a quick fight, death, repeat. I don't mind any playstyle. It is up to player to choose his way. But I can't support the add-ons that give better odds for one style, less for other. I haven't made a single shot at player, in Standalone, that wasn't absolutely necessary from my position. Simply because I have different goals that can be achieved without killing anyone. For me, and this is personally my opinion, any weapon is sufficient to work with. I am out to survive. I can make my way out of unpleasant situations with most common weapon or without any, at all. I don't find placing helicopter crashsites, that would spawn rare and more powerful weaponry, justified. As it is, my own opinion and feel free to disagree. In my eyes, it gives more advantage to one playstyle, that is slaughtering, and less to survivors.

I wouldn't play more or less though if these were implemented. I am ready to adapt to any changes that could be made in Standalone. Hopefully they will still keep all the people in mind when making updates. Everyone should have equal possibilities by environment, and balance between different playstyles. I remember the mod days. It was bloodbath. No one even tried to play it in survival key. And who did, quit after few attempts and joined the mess.

+1 to you mate. altho we may have very different goals in the game, and prefer to walk a different path i always appreciate intelligent examples and conversations instead of someone just parroting back 'Alpha!' or 'Because survival simulator lul'.

I think all we can really hope for in official branch is that the developers find a good BALANCE that results in a challenge for both survival and PvP focused players without becoming un-necsssicarily punishing or anoying to start-over. Im all about adding things that create a challenge, however if for example (like the 2042mod) bare basics are so rare that spawning in a picked over area is a death sentance, that will drive away a LOT of players wich results is less emergent interaction and game play for ALL playstyles, and thats bad imho.

• Like 1

+1 to you mate. altho we may have very different goals in the game, and prefer to walk a different path i always appreciate intelligent examples and conversations instead of someone just parroting back 'Alpha!' or 'Because survival simulator lul'.

I think all we can really hope for in official branch is that the developers find a good BALANCE that results in a challenge for both survival and PvP focused players without becoming un-necsssicarily punishing or anoying to start-over. Im all about adding things that create a challenge, however if for example (like the 2042mod) bare basics are so rare that spawning in a picked over area is a death sentance, that will drive away a LOT of players wich results is less emergent interaction and game play for ALL playstyles, and thats bad imho.

I find all kind of shouting annoying. Everyone knows it is alpha and everyone knows it has serious problems in current state but stating those facts in every other thread only wastes internet space and gets on everyones nerves. I am all over calm discussions as they are much more productive. Well, for me at least. I doubt any dev cares about my discussions. But that isn't even important for me. Positive interaction gives much more and get to know and talk new people.

I agree. There shouldn't be strictly limiting any playstyle in favor of balance but creating similar options for all. Most important thing I see in this game is that it would follow the freedom of choice path. I can do whatever I want with my life, or even others if it becomes mine to decide in situation. But making the atmosphere authentic for all kinds of people. Scarace of weaponry, ammunition, shelter, vehicles like you would expect from a place that turned to wasteland. The need of maintenance for parts of equipment in order to keep it working and so on.

I would see helicrashes as an option if they spawned the gear other than weaponry but high value for survival. Specific medical supplies that would be pain to find otherwise, character customization equipment that would be exclusive to crashsites, maybe food rations that are more efficient than can of beans and milk powder that you usually find. Radios, GPS, maps, protection gear and so on, so forth.

Not sure how that would look like.

Edited by SGT. Kalme