rocket

Patch 1.5.7 and this being an Alpha and fucking zombie spawns

All these kids are just crying because they want to be the lone survivor and cant now.

Rocket thanks for allowing us to be in the Alpha testing and HAPPY BIRTHDAY you old fart

groups dont freaking matter you dont have enough ammo to survive hes going to lose his fan base because you cant play the game not every one has people to play with' date=' how do you expect people to even group up with that many zeds

[/quote']

You are new here aren't you?

2 weeks ago, the zombie counts were up to 1500+

You had to THINK before you acted,

The airfield was the most hostile territory around, especially on your own.

You couldn't hop around the military camp in stary because the zeds would swarm you!

You had to stay prone in towns, wait for the zeds to get out of your way.

It's even better now, you now even have to use cans, whiskey bottles and smoke grenades to distract the zeds.

This update made everything so much more intense, awesome and terrifying! Bandits are a lot less abundant and they even group up with survivors because they're afraid of dying.

Keep it up Rocket, this might be an accident, it's an awesome one at that!

oh, and happy birthday!

Chernogorsk

Pre outbreak population : 50,000.

Post outbreak population : 10 survivors, 5 zombies.

People should be happy there arent 2000 zombies alone in city like that.

the zombies count now is awesome i like more the mod now. you need to play more to make a need tactics, when you enter a large town. only use pistol when you are inside of a large town

when i shoot whit pistol when i inside of chernogorst no to much zombies come, is easy be carefully whit your move and you will be safe

now i dont see to much people shooting each other inside of a town,

i see a guy trying to kill me whit a ak and in 5 secons 15 zombies start to chasing him was awesome :)

i like a lot this new patch maybe respawn time of the zombies can be 5 mins more

I like the 'idea' of more zombies, but for us (ANZ servers) it's doubled our bandwidth and crippling our server FPS. We getting a lot of crashes, and having to drop a 70 slot server down to 40 or less, still getting worse performance.

Any other servers having similar issues? I know the zombie numbers were unintentional, but currently it's game-breaking for us. We were already struggling with providing enough slots for local players, now we're having to half our slots.

I'm loving the numbers as well. It reminds me of a few weeks ago. It was such a terrifying thought to try and go into a city for supplies as the zeds were everywhere. I was saddened to see the numbers nerfed in the last patch and glad to see them back around to the original numbers. People bitching about too many? Maybe this isn't the game for you. It's tough, gritty, and refuses to hold your hand. Deal with it. Thank you DEV TEAM! I'm turning 26 on Thursday. I am stoked to day the day off, get drunk and just play.

Team up and survive people. This is the way it should be, the zombies should be the biggest threat, not other survivors. This way there is still PvP, it just won't be so easy any more.

Rocket, may I first address your attitude towards the patch's recent negative feedback.

While indeed you have pointed out this is alpha and explained why the zed count is how it is you said "lets see how it goes" and requested feedback. While I understand and empathise with your problem of people going "ZED COUNT TOO HIGH, TOO DIFFICULT" constantly your complaint is that they're repeating themselves a lot. Then again what are the rest of them doing? "I LOVE THE ZED COUNT, IT'S MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE" but I don't really see you batting an eyelid at that? Clearly if these people are complaining about the zed count, then it is something you should consider altering at a later date if you were to take on board the idea of a higher zed count.

While I haven't played the mod myself yet, I watched various bits of gameplay and I do agree that a higher zed count is probably required. While I saw more rural areas with a good zombie count for what it is I noticed that the towns looked empty and I assume that has been fixed by this higher zed count. If you are to put it into your mod at a later date if this accident gets a majority of good feedback perhaps considering altering the respawn timer, where they spawn, how often larger waves come about and such. Perhaps a consistantly larger zed count to stay in the towns/city but every few hours (even make it random to which city this occurs in if possible) to have an even larger wave spawn that then travels around the city, out, and moves towards another. Frankly if I was sat in a city with my friend looking for supplies and an enourmas wave came about I would be as tense as...well nevermind. The point is though that your mod already has a fear factor; keep it and work on it and this larger zed count sounds like a good start but the negative criticisms also suggest if it was to be implemented it needs tweaking.

rocket, welcome to World of impatient gamers!

Your Mod is beyond awesome, but sadly this kind of stuff has attracted a lot of people who doesn't fit in the Armaverse. I want to encourage you to do whatever you can to cater a more mature style of gameplay within DayZ. And no, I'm not talking about restricting PvP!

My issue is - its not productive to be told the same thing 1000's of time :) Say it once (in fact I said it first), then move on to the next point. Otherwise, we'll spend the rest of the week talking about Zombie numbers - instead of talking about the many other things that also need to be addressed but haven't been discussed.

Okay' date=' so still people don't realize this is an [b']Alpha. If you do not know what this means - go look it up on wikipedia RIGHT NOW.

When I fix one bug, many can crop up.

I fixed some zombie spawning bugs, time syncing bugs, and now there are alot of zombies. This became apparent in testing, but rather than delay the patch release by a few days (too many people are helicopter dying) the update was released.

So yes, the zombie numbers weren't my intention - but now that it is here, let us see how they play out. Maybe we might actually learn something from it or maybe everyone just wants to jump to conclusions in the first ten minutes...

So' date=' like the gents say - we have alot more zombies than was intended. Lets see where this goes. Please stop sending abusive emails!

[/quote']

People are fucking stupid (in lack of better words) if they send the mods and mod developer hate mails. It's a god damn game, ffs!

@Topic: I'm actually looking forward to testing out the new patch and the increase in zombies. After keeping alive for 3.5 days and raiding the NW airport last night, someone logged in behind me shot and killed me, got fired upon by our large group (which said person, logged back out), i re-spawned in the south.

I actually told the group it wont be long until we meet up again, as prior to the 1.57 patch finding loot and raiding a town was just too easy.

I hereby accept the challenge!

Sadly the avrage gamer seem to think this game is about racking up fat gear really quick and go berserk on zombies and other players alike.

As far as I see this, managing to get some food and find a lake to refill your bottle. That's what's the idea behind this game. Not rush airfield over and over for fat weps and nvg to own noobs at coast.

This change was the best sofar.

Came here for survival not fps.

I love the numbers. I had soo much fun this time around. We would sneak through handfuls of zombies and it was exciting when we got caught and had to fend off 10-20 in a building. Please keep it as is. I would even further say have random wanderers in the forests etc.

Also, on a side note, more zombies makes grouping more practical and would stray from lone wolfing it as it is much harder to fend off zombies.. however, sneaking through them can be tough too. As of now it seems zombies only spawn near buildings, one was a tower in the forest, and we didnt see them, got ambushed, was AWESOME. Please add more wanderers in the forest areas as well. Maybe even random hordes patrolling etc to get the blood really flowing.

I love the new numbers, but it's not just the numbers it's also the shift in zombie movement. In 1.5.6 zombies were always in buildings except for a few in towns, but whenever I came to a barn there were always 1-2 zombies inside, the same with the enter able houses always 1 zombie just right of the door.

Now they are never in the building, instead they move around it so the challenge is no longer going in and killing the zomb and taking the loot, it's sneaking pass the horde quickly getting what you need and going back out. With towns and bigger buildings the risk is greater because if you get caught on the inside it's a lot harder to get out then if it was simply a barn.

Honestly the only problem with the new system is that the zombies sometimes bug out and see you through a wall or something but its minor. But even if you do tweak then numbers in the next alpha, do keep it that the zombs stay outside of the lootable buildings.

I will say now the crawling zombie is now the most dangerous, we've set off the horde so many times by tripping over one of these guys when trying to sneak into a building only for all the other zombies to come running around.

Hello from Russia!

I think that it'd better to move to the quality side but not to the number of zombies. Because:

1. Servers are badly works because of increasing numbers of zombies

2. Its so no-realistic, when zombies respawn nearby so quick despite of you were there 5 minutes ago.

Solutions:

1. Make zombies stronger. If it is difficult to update their AI level, so you can make them harder to kill (but headshots must be like they are at the moment)

2. Increase respawn time of zombies and loot (maybe about 30 minutes).

Maybe we might actually learn something from it or maybe everyone just wants to jump to conclusions in the first ten minutes...

A lot of zombies - it's good! Game became much more interesting. Do not pay attention to those who are whining that the game became too difficult. Otherwise they will turn the game in the Ponyland.

Might be a bit over the top, but then again, I think people need to get re-adjusted.

Still way too many trigger-happy/paranoid bandits/survivors who BLAT BLAT me then get swarmed by the horde.

LOVE the insane numbers of zombies. Now they are a threat. This is unintended, ok, but it's great, if the servers are ok with it :)

This might actually give a reason for people to play together more and not shoot everyone in the face.

I think u have make i insane good work on this mod! And just Alpha! I am pretty sure that this mod gets MOTY!! (Mod Of The Year) Keep the good work up :D

Great. All lamers, whiners and possibly lot's of bandits pissed by accident.

Now there is a challenge. Now you have to rethink, regroup, replan.

This game is now about survival, it is not about wandering around and practise shooting zombies.

I guess the respawn time will eventually get fixed so there will be a chance to clear a certain area. If the zombie count gets more random (heavily infested areas vs low zombie frequentation areas) this will turn out perfect.

I fucking love the zombie count. Im actually using the smoke grenades and empty bottles...and may even consider playing cooperatively next time im on the coast (just to survive the towns)

I thought of sending you a non-abusive email to counter that harassment and say thanks to you for your work on this great (alpha)mod, but I thought you already get enough mails and dont want to consume any more of your time.

Im eager to test the new settings after work.

And..happy Birthday Rocket. Dont freak out, calm down, there are more "zombies" out there in front of the monitors than you can spawn ingame ever. ;)

Zombies were not big threat before if you knew how to fool the AI.. now it will be bit more tricky, challenging and FUN. I'm not sure if there are little too many zombies.. but more than before was needed.

I see this as better way to go ;)

I LOVE the new zombie numbers.

The reason people are so attracted to this mod is because it's HARD. Happy birthday and keep it up Rocket !