ForcefulCJS

Things I wish were never introduced to DayZ

Sorry but your points are just bad. All of these things are in Day Z because they are rare. People strive to get these things. It's a sort of end game. If there wasn't better gear why the fuck would people find anything passed an enfield?

a) Have the player temperature rise to dangerous levels if you stay in the sun for too long' date=' this would create a trembling effect (not as strong as the "pain" effect but still noticeable) and heavy player breathing that would make it difficult to hear and give your position away to nearby enemies. Staying hot for too long would also begin to damage HP until you got into some shade or removed the Ghillie.

[/quote']

This actually made me laugh out loud. Have you ever been outside? THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN. ON TOP OF WHICH, have you ever been outside in rural Russia? With such shitty weather all the time? Because I have. That shit does not over-heat you. I cringed when I read that you want peoples temperature to rise to dangerous levels if you stay in the sun for too long. Go outside, you're disconnected with reality. Don't suggest "realistic" additions if you're so out of touch with reality.

Did you even read the post? Your ignorance is downright embarrassing.

Well for starts the default temperature is 42 degrees celcius (106 degrees fahrenheit) so apparently it's a very warm summer in Chernarus. Second of all I'm talking about overheating in Ghillie suits, which IS very common. '

Quick quote from the Wiki on Ghillie suits: "Even in moderate climates, the temperature inside of the ghillie suit can reach over 50 °C (120 °F)."

I'm out of touch with reality? You need to take your meds, calm down, and try again.

Man I need a gun with a thermal scope!

I like the idea of needing batteries for scopes and nvg's.

I like the idea of only allowing a small bag with the Ghillie suit.

But they have to put batteries in the game before making batteries compulsory!

I agree with the point about thermal scopes. High end NATO gear IS totally out of place in DayZ: Suggestion: keep them as ultra rare loot' date=' but....

Thermal scopes need special batteries, which cannot be found in game, giving the scope a finite life, once depleted its just an ordinary scope....

[/quote']

They are ultra rare loot. If it's ultra rare loot why should it be finite. Fuck that.

1. Because they really do need batteries, so really are finite. same with NVGs by the way.

2. Because they are ultra rare for the individual player, but not for the clan loot farmers and hoarders, giving them access to an unrealistic level of map dominance.

Exactly. While it might be ultra-rare technically. I've seen screenshots of groups with 3-4 L85AI's (thermal scopes) stored in a vehicle/tent ON TOP of the ones that the players were already using. I know multiple groups who turn their version back to 1.5 for special (quiet) servers where loot resets almost instantly when you remove it. In the course of a couple hours they get more fresh loot from the barracks than even a regular group could get in a week and an individual could hope for after multiple months. There are countless exploits and tricks that groups are using to stockpile NVG's, thermal scopes, and other high end weaponry.

There's still plenty of ultra-rare loot with my post, just not the stuff that gives an enormous advantage to those who abuse loot tables.

Guille suits dropping their back packs' date=' decent. Heat nope. It wouldn't change anything if it heated you up anyways the best cover is always under a tree in the shade.

Thermal Scopes, Yeah their strong. Point? I have never seen someone outside a youtube video or stream that has them.

Night Vision extremely over powered at night time. Yes if you run into someone with NVGs and you don't have them, your going to die. Simple as that.

Do I think the game would be incredibly more interesting without Thermal Scopes and NVGs? Yes I do. Night time would be some random ass fun because all you would see is flashlights and random flares and chemlights all over the fucking place.

BUT Life is not fair, NVGs are not fair, Guille suits are not fair. Luck based sure. Just like life. You say you want realism but you want to remove realistic items people may or may not have/find/get?

Your suggestions are basically not suggestions, they are tears about stuff you can't find and how people use them agaisnt you.

I do however think Military items and weapons should be far rarer than they are now, but the map is already established so not much they can do until release of a new map.

TL;DR: TL;DR:

[/quote']

This mod is not striving for perfect realism. There are THOUSANDS of unrealistic elements to this game that exist because they are needed for gameplay. It would be simple enough to say that the conscripts deployed to Chernarus were not equipped with Ghillie suits, thermal scopes on BRITISH weaponry, or night vision gear. Half the guns in the Russian military loot spots have NEVER been used by Russian armed forces but nobody complains when they get their brand new AS 50 or M107 from a Russian military barracks (or in a helicopter crash that apparently involves 6 zombie pilots for one chopper).

I'm fine with luck being a part of DayZ, but not the kind of "luck" that lets hoarders, campers, and loot exploiting groups have an unbeatable advantage 24 hours of the day.

I geuss I must be the best player then ' date='

I play with 1-2 friends AND 1-2 only , and so far we got L825 <- Thermal scoped 3 , BAF x1 M107 X1 3-4 NVG's 6 Ghillie suits + wearing all one ,

You have to be smart and start getting a tent and looting airfield with EMPTY BAGS so risc is minimum

[/quote']

Yes and this is one of the many loot exploiting strategies I'm talking about. You hide all your valuables and then do naked barracks runs. Now you're all completely decked out because you did something stupid and unrealistic that belongs more in Diablo 3 or some other loot grinding game than a zombie survival game.

agree with op. Buff lone wolfs, nerf team play introducing infections. Iam tired of those clan idiots camping with 10 people in cherno killing everyone.

Ive got a L82. Its almost like cheating. It should be removed imo. And its not rare either. Looting a few chopper sites will turn one up (along with other fancy noob guns what shouldnt be in the game - like the M107 TWS and other crap). And I killed 2 guys who also had the L82, so not that rare at all.

The game has equipment that confers a massive advantage over people without that equipment. This is supposed to be balanced by the fact that it is "rare". Groups of server hopping loot farmers have negated the mechanic intended to balance this type of gear. NVGs and thermal scopes need to be balanced in some other way or the current balance mechanic should be improved.

PS: Delicious tears of loot farmers are delicious.

I kinda think that in a zombie apocalypse night vision goggles and most scopes woul dbe broken... or not functioning anymore, so idk why they are there...

Ive got a L82. Its almost like cheating. It should be removed imo. And its not rare either. Looting a few chopper sites will turn one up (along with other fancy noob guns what shouldnt be in the game - like the M107 TWS and other crap). And I killed 2 guys who also had the L82' date=' so not that rare at all.

[/quote']

Exactly, I've watched streams of players who've had the L82 - it's about as close to legitimate cheating as you can get. It has no place in a game like DayZ. Like someone said earlier this game isn't "Tom Clancy's Future Zombie Warfare".

Ghillie Suits option 2 (so you dont need luck)

Find a hunting knife (luck)

Have an option to cut certain plants. After 30 are cut have an option to "Braid cuttings" into a grid.

Cut an additional 30 plants and have option to "Stuff net gridding" this pushes plants into the handmade netting to form a ghillie suit.

Or just find one and not cry so much.

Bumping, almost everyone I've ever seen/talked to with an L85 agrees that it feels like you are hacking DayZ, even the most concealed players become giant glowing targets.

enough with these threads. Shut the F up and go make your own game using all your bad ideas lol.

Did you really just "lol" at your own comment?

I think anything that puts me at a disadvantage should be removed from the game.

Batteries for NVGs and all those kinds of optics would be cool, but is that really implementable?

The real problem clearly is server-hopping/farming

The batteries comment is viable, but its alpha so it wont be implemented untill they are done fixing bigger things.

Ghillie suits, yeah they are hard to find, godlike in pvp? Depends what you do with it, seen enough dead players wearing one. The female models cant even wear one at the moment anyway. Rifle with thermal scope? Yeah sounds pretty great but a guy with a sniper rifle far away or someone logging in behind him should be the end. Also if the thing is so rare (havent seen it yet in about 160+ hours of playing) then the guy using it must have gone absolutely paranoid with not wanting to lose it. Great fun...

Nothing in game is actually overpowered, or game breaking. They just give you an advantage. Thats fine by me. This thread was started with someone making points that might look like a genuine concern to him but it sounds like he just fears losing his stuff and starting over, well... That's Dayz.

why take away from the game' date=' instead lets add better stuff

[/quote']

Fine, "thermal vision is only effective within 150 meters of a target"

Currently you can spot players from 1000m+ out, it's literally that good.

You can still use it to hunt in forests for hidden players, but no more "LOL GODMODE" outdoors.

The batteries comment is viable' date=' but its alpha so it wont be implemented untill they are done fixing bigger things.

Ghillie suits, yeah they are hard to find, godlike in pvp? Depends what you do with it, seen enough dead players wearing one. The female models cant even wear one at the moment anyway. Rifle with thermal scope? Yeah sounds pretty great but a guy with a sniper rifle far away or someone logging in behind him should be the end. Also if the thing is so rare (havent seen it yet in about 160+ hours of playing) then the guy using it must have gone absolutely paranoid with not wanting to lose it. Great fun...

Nothing in game is actually overpowered, or game breaking. They just give you an advantage. Thats fine by me. This thread was started with someone making points that might look like a genuine concern to him but it sounds like he just fears losing his stuff and starting over, well... That's Dayz.

[/quote']

You can zero with the L85, all you have to do is stand behind some thick bushes and take shots at the sniper until he's dead or running away. There's absolutely no way for the sniper to see where the shots are coming from and they will only hear distant cracks and bullets whizzing by (or into) them. Your best bet for thermal players is the same as ghillies, find an idiot using them or pray for the gods of luck to grant you mercy.

In anything remotely approaching an even fight, thermals, ghillies and at night - NVG's mean you don't stand a chance unless the other guy is terrible.

stripped down, the argument OP and his supporters rely on runs thus:

> Nights make for a different, more challenging game

> In the blind dark the most forbidding opponent is the man who can see

> That man is scary

> He is so scary that my tactical considerations and risk assessments cannot account for his goggles

> I refuse to adapt and grow my gameplay to contain such a scary man

> Therefore Rocket must remove the scary man from my game

this is the same logic that spawns PvE-only servers, creates threads demanding all scoped weapons be removed, and will one day reduce DayZ to Left4WoW

stamp it out

you can adjust this for thermal and ghillies as appropriate

agree with op. Buff lone wolfs' date=' nerf team play introducing infections. Iam tired of those clan idiots camping with 10 people in cherno killing everyone.

[/quote']

So join another clan to kill them.

why take away from the game' date=' instead lets add better stuff

[/quote']

Sounds good. I demand repairable BMPs. My 30mm autocannon will teach those NVG wearing IR toting noobs some respect. How far are we going to take "hurr, durr, rocket sed dat dis game isn't meant to be balanced" crap? Honestly, I'm sitting here wondering whether rocket's statements are intended as food for trolls, or whether griefers are capable of taking any idea and perverting it into self-rationalizing nonsense.

What I personally think would solve this problemo would be to nerf EVERY FUCKING THING's spawn chances. M4s to NVGs, fuckin enfield to a CZ550. I think if it was fucking HARD to get loot, people would actually play smarter, and stop creating QQ threads, as every 1 in 1,000 people would have NVGs or an L85 or any other bullshit weapon. You would actually take a look around your surroundings and try fucking hard to survive with your M1911 that took you a whole week to find. Sounds to me like it would even make the game more realistic, who the fuck finds NATO weapons in a zombie apocalypse? Of course this would ramp up the number of bandits there are, this would probably calm all "ZOMG OP WEPON PLS NERF" qqing bastards.

Just my 2 cents.

OP, I totally agree with your thoughts about the Ghillie suit. It should not make your backpack become invisible. At the very least it should show up like it does for other skins, and if you want better concealment you'll have to leave the uber-backpack behind.

I imagine it works this way right now because the Arma Ghillie skin doesn't work with backpacks, or some inherent design issue like that .

It's about who got best gear = win

Le sigh.

Maybe thats all it is at the moment, but it has loftier goals I think.