adriandmu@gmail.com

Unluckiest Thing That Happened To You?

What has been the unluckiest thing to happen to you in DayZ so far? I don't mean, I was shot by some bandit care-bear COD junkie. I mean straight up fucking miserably unlucky; bugs, server problems, spawning in and geting shot, and etc (end of thinking capacity).

This all happened to me today:

So my friend had found a camo outfit and gave it to me, I was fairly certain I had the latest beta patch (93965). I was fucking wrong, that was the beta patch nearly EVERY SERVER WAS USING IF IT WAS USING ONE. To make room in a tent I grab my stuff like a huge dumbfuck. A coyote pack (the largest), AN AS50, NVGs, Compass, Map, Toolbox, I forget what sidearm, and Binoculars. Plus some misc. items. I put on the camo outfit, doesnt work. I try some more, nuthin. There was another camo suit so I tried that, nuthin. So 8 civilian clothing packages appear and both camo outfits are gone. A minute later I get teleported into the ocean NO CAMO SUIT EVEN ON. And 3 guys with camo outfits just chilling there. I tried swimming to shore but lost everything.

Wait it gets better, next spawn (still the same day I remind you) I find a ghillie suit THE FIRST I EVER HAVE and keep it. Hours later I put it in a backpack and put that in a tent, the ghilllie stays in it. The server restarts and the ghillie is fucking GONE. I am very mad especially at the DayZ team for the ocean issue, not so much the backpack clear in tent with a server restart. I mean how is coding or whatever configured so when you change clothes you spawn in the fucking ocean. I didnt know how to fix that until now. And why does swimming remove items? I know that's an ArmA 2 feature not DayZ, but can't you delete it. They're all what I imagine easy fixes, so please fix them.

It wasn't the server btw since I've put clothing on in it before and it has worked. And it wasn't karma either I found all of these after many hours that I'm not sure if I'll every get the chance again ;_;. Fix these bugs before fixing server-hoppers and DC'ers rocket, I beg of you. I don't want to go through a load of shit to prevent these cause that would ruin my experience and take up loads of my prescious time.

Please feel free to post your unluckiest moments and I shall share your sadness and anger.

Posted with an iPhone so don't give me any shit 'bout typos.

I think you lose Items while swimming because it would be hella hard to swim with all that heavy ass gear. Have you tried swimming with a fully-loaded backpack and a rifle? I'd imagine you'd just say "fuck it I don't want to drown" and drop your gear to preserve your life.

I think you lose Items while swimming because it would be hella hard to swim with all that heavy ass gear. Have you tried swimming with a fully-loaded backpack and a rifle? I'd imagine you'd just say "fuck it I don't want to drown" and drop your gear to preserve your life.

I very much agree, but swimming in DayZ is only a result of a glitch. There is like no other practical use, so it might as well not result in loss of items while swimming.

Last night I tried to help a noob who then turned around when I wasn't paying attention and shot me in the face so I started a new character today.

I spawned in Elektro so I ran straight to Msta, I found an Coyote backpack, M4A3 food and drinks _b

I then continued up to Polana and on the way I found a tent packed with stuff, including another M4A3,medical supplies and everything I needed minus a map.

Literally 30 seconds later I find a crashed heli with an Mk48,DMR and 2 Bizon SDs. I meet up with my friend, he gets killed and I get shot to 2500 blood :(

Knew it was all to good to be true

Last night I tried to help a noob who then turned around when I wasn't paying attention and shot me in the face so I started a new character today.

I spawned in Elektro so I ran straight to Msta' date=' I found an Coyote backpack, M4A3 food and drinks _b

I then continued up to Polana and on the way I found a tent packed with stuff, including another M4A3,medical supplies and everything I needed minus a map.

Literally 30 seconds later I find a crashed heli with an Mk48,DMR and 2 Bizon SDs. I meet up with my friend, he gets killed and I get shot to 2500 blood :(

Knew it was all to good to be true

[/quote']

Wow, I just recommend hiding until your friend arrives with a blood pack. Don't loot tents, it's not cool man. Unless it was in plain sight. That sucks but at least you lived.

Playing with video settings, accidentally hit respawn -.-

M107

Bunch of mags

Ghillie

NGV

Blah -.-

The funny thing is when I started playing I got so attached to my gear, even the common stuff. But, after being killed so many times, I surprised myself when my first reaction to the respawn happening was literally busting up laughing.

I once lost connection to server inside of an Electro firestation. When I logged in on a new server I was standing right in-front of another player with his gun pointed right in my face. Seriously the other player's Winchester was right inside of the camera as I logged in.

Naturally he shot me at point blank before the bottom right text had finished animating.

Had some good weapons and an Alice pack but item-wise it wasn't a big deal.

That has been the only time pure random universal bad luck has ever screwed me over so hard I died.

Starved to death in the debug wilderness on my oldest character.

My desperate and feeble attempts to reach the map led me through periods of anger, frustration; and then finally, acceptance. I remember seeing trees peaking on the horizon when my survivor passed out for the last time.

Playing with video settings' date=' accidentally hit respawn -.-

M107

Bunch of mags

Ghillie

NGV

Blah -.-

The funny thing is when I started playing I got so attached to my gear, even the common stuff. But, after being killed so many times, I surprised myself when my first reaction to the respawn happening was literally busting up laughing.

[/quote']

You took that easier than I ever would've. There needs to be a confirm menu for clicking respawn. Too much clumsiness.

I once lost connection to server inside of an Electro firestation. When I logged in on a new server I was standing right in-front of another player with his gun pointed right in my face. Seriously the other player's Winchester was right inside of the camera as I logged in.

Naturally he shot me at point blank before the bottom right text had finished animating.

Had some good weapons and an Alice pack but item-wise it wasn't a big deal.

That has been the only time pure random universal bad luck has ever screwed me over so hard I died.

Imagine the chances, any other server and you could've probably been golden.

Nothing much really. Day before yesterday I was gutting a cow at krastonav in the middle of some zombies. I have an ak-74 with 2 mags in my hands and an m24 sniper rifle in my pack also with 2 mags. To fit the steaks in my backpack (alice) I try dropping some beans out of my pack. My alice pack is then suddenly gone, I cannot find it anywhere. So, being pretty mad about that since the m24 was gone, I decide to get another pack or die trying, I had basically nothing to lose and I was kind of bored of that character anyway. So I run to the tower to server hop to a 49/50 server in an attempt to kill someone there. When I log in, I am not at where I logged off so I run there. (under the stairs) I hear footsteps, and a guy with a ghille suit walks up to me. We stare at each other for about a second before firing full auto at each other. He kills me, and I think he dies about 3 seconds after.

Forgot about another one.

M249 saw 2 boxes full of ammo. Coyote backpack. M1911 with 9 mags. Plenty of steaks, water, bandages, painkillers, morphine. Looting NWAF barracks. Lost all of it because of the magical zombie who aggro'd on me silently through 2 walls, which he then proceeded to walk through and hit me once. After that, I was bleeding. I kill him and I have to log out to get water. When I log back in, I'm unconcious. And still bleeding.

My desperate and feeble attempts to reach the map led me through periods of anger' date=' frustration; and then finally, acceptance. I remember seeing trees peaking on the horizon when my survivor passed out for the last time.

[/quote']

Gotta always have those full cans of food, never know what's coming. Has the debug forest spawns been fixed yet? Luckily you didn't get killed in there but that would've been better than your slow agonizing death.

Nothing much really. Day before yesterday I was gutting a cow at krastonav in the middle of some zombies. I have an ak-74 with 2 mags in my hands and an m24 sniper rifle in my pack also with 2 mags. To fit the steaks in my backpack (alice) I try dropping some beans out of my pack. My alice pack is then suddenly gone' date=' I cannot find it anywhere. So, being pretty mad about that since the m24 was gone, I decide to get another pack or die trying, I had basically nothing to lose and I was kind of bored of that character anyway. So I run to the tower to server hop to a 49/50 server in an attempt to kill someone there. When I log in, I am not at where I logged off so I run there. (under the stairs) I hear footsteps, and a guy with a ghille suit walks up to me. We stare at each other for about a second before firing full auto at each other. He kills me, and I think he dies about 3 seconds after.

[/quote']

It's what you get for not being a vegetarian you carnivore fogey *Justkidding*. Kinda funny if all people who kill for loot actually are just mad for losing some, that makes it somewhat more understandable.

I was so happy to read that the ocean no longer eats your gear. WRONG, I HOPE MY NVGs, MP5SD6, BIZON AND ALICE-PACK LIKE IT DOWN THERE BECAUSE I CAN'T SWIM DOWNWARDS TO WHERE I SEE THEM LYING TO PICK THEM UP!

Seriously, losing gear in the ocean? Sure, if you really feel it necessary to dump everything you fucking need to survive just to reach the beach faster. Can't I just, like, loose some ammo or anything other than my fucking Heli-crash loot to loose weight?!

I was so happy to read that the ocean no longer eats your gear. WRONG' date=' I HOPE MY NVGs, MP5SD6, BIZON AND ALICE-PACK LIKE IT DOWN THERE BECAUSE I CAN'T SWIM DOWNWARDS TO WHERE I SEE THEM LYING TO PICK THEM UP!

Seriously, losing gear in the ocean? Sure, if you really feel it necessary to dump everything you fucking need to survive just to reach the beach faster. Can't I just, like, loose some ammo or anything other than my fucking Heli-crash loot to loose weight?!

[/quote']

It is absolutely fucking maddening it hasn't been dealt with. What's also bad is that the fish are now armed to the gills 0.o , I dont see a fishing feature being very safe anymore. I was just as mad as you were when I lost my stuff.

My desperate and feeble attempts to reach the map led me through periods of anger' date=' frustration; and then finally, acceptance. I remember seeing trees peaking on the horizon when my survivor passed out for the last time.

[/quote']

Gotta always have those full cans of food, never know what's coming. Has the debug forest spawns been fixed yet? Luckily you didn't get killed in there but that would've been better than your slow agonizing death.

Nothing much really. Day before yesterday I was gutting a cow at krastonav in the middle of some zombies. I have an ak-74 with 2 mags in my hands and an m24 sniper rifle in my pack also with 2 mags. To fit the steaks in my backpack (alice) I try dropping some beans out of my pack. My alice pack is then suddenly gone' date=' I cannot find it anywhere. So, being pretty mad about that since the m24 was gone, I decide to get another pack or die trying, I had basically nothing to lose and I was kind of bored of that character anyway. So I run to the tower to server hop to a 49/50 server in an attempt to kill someone there. When I log in, I am not at where I logged off so I run there. (under the stairs) I hear footsteps, and a guy with a ghille suit walks up to me. We stare at each other for about a second before firing full auto at each other. He kills me, and I think he dies about 3 seconds after.

[/quote']

It's what you get for not being a vegetarian you carnivore fogey *Justkidding*. Kinda funny if all people who kill for loot actually are just mad for losing some, that makes it somewhat more understandable.

Forgot to mention I probably could've gotten him without dying myself if I had leaned out, I had about 4 seconds to prepare and I knew he was there *footsteps*. Instead I was just shooting his legs and stomach.

Also, I'd been eating beans for 12 days. What did you expect? stupid cow was gonna get eaten by all the zombies anyway.

Crawled next to a tree. Got stabbed by the root ind insta-died... ending my 20 day life.

Crawled next to a tree. Got stabbed by the root ind insta-died... ending my 20 day life.

That's pretty fucking funny, but a very shitty way to go out.

I killed one axe murderer hiding in the corner of a supermarket, then bandaged and used morphine on myself, just as i heard another noob crawling towards the door, I spotted him crawling and tried to cancel the morphine animation, but it wouldnt cancel.

He got into crouching position, peaked around the corner, then shot me. All the while I was sitting there facepalming because he couldn't put the morphine down.

I was trying to find my groups tent so I could check on it then I found these guys' tent but they were there and I didn't have my primary out so I couldn't do anything about it.

If only I had been minutes later

Two things I can recall.

First: Fully geared, NVG, rfinder, coyote, gps, dmr, m4sd, m9sd and a jeep stacked full of gear. I was driving nearly full speed down the road between pustoshka and vybor and a broken truck didn't stream in until the last second (literally). Kaboom, lost everything. Was also carpet bombed once with pretty much the same gear, lost a truck too.

Second: I was being shot at in Berezino, I was on the top of the supermarket. Got put onto about 2k blood before I spotted the guy and put a burst of M16 in his skull. I bandaged up, took morphine and as I pressed esc to climb down the ladder my keys bugged up and my guy sprints off the roof and I fall to my death losing everything. Shortly after the server restarted so I couldn't try to retrieve my gear.

Sorry for the poor typing im on my phone.

I was trying to find my groups tent so I could check on it then I found these guys' tent but they were there and I didn't have my primary out so I couldn't do anything about it.

If only I had been minutes later

lol You can always like..wait 10 minutes.

if anything thats lucky.

Being cornered in a house and scrambling around I accidently picked up something which dropped my Enfield and they swarmed me :(

I found a motorbike in the woods, laying on its side. Looked around, there was nobody so I went check it out. As I was leaning to it, some dude in a ghillie suit spawned RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. The funny part is he was turned away from me, and I just clicked middle mouse button to check the bike. Instead, I began opening his backpack, and before the animation finished he turned around and shot me. Must have shit his pants, I don't blame him.

I found Rog Castle empty, no zombies with a lee enfield. I felt lucky because I just started, but when I went down the stairs, fell off them and landed on the other side of the room and died. Now every time I see a Lee Enfield I think of bad juju.

i got disconnected, in a small claustrophobic house...

when i logged back in, i was stuck in the wall, and a player came and shot me.

Finding two crashed helicopter sites and awesome gear... and then managing to get glitched inside a house with a massive zombie horde. Broke my leg and then in the midst of trying to reload I hit F. I said out loud, OMG WHAT DID I JUST THROW?!!

I watched as the grenade bounced in the doorframe. KABBOOM. I just naded myself. Derp.