Sign in to follow this  
unheardbeast

No Servers!

Recently purchased DayZ, upon first running it, I set graphics to low and went straight to play. When the server screen comes up, I see no servers. I have tried switching tabs, (internet, lan, history, etc.) Tried refreshing, reinstalled the game. My computer is hard wired into my modem right now. Internet provider is Time Warner Cable, and live in ME, United States.

seems your DayZ install is not allowed to access the internet. Check your firewall settings.

I'm having the same problem.

I've been playing this morning for about an hour. Went out for 30 minutes or so and left the game open on the title screen. When I tried to connect I get no servers <100 ping (that is my filter setting). opening the filter i get about ten servers that I haven't been able to connect to.

I've restarted the computer and nothing, zip, nada. I've seen on previous threads its been a problem in the past. What causes it and how do you fix it?

Turn off antivirus firewall windows firewall. Should do the trick.

Plus server matenence today for a few hours.

Plus server matenence today for a few hours.

Help me out. How is the game set up? There must be hundreds of servers running independently of each other so how can they all go offline simultaneously? Is there an update being applied? 

Servers goes down for maintenance every wednesday from 7 AM to 10 AM GMT. Don't freak out, you won't see online servers for some hours.

Servers goes down for maintenance every wednesday from 7 AM to 10 AM GMT. Don't freak out, you won't see online servers for some hours.

Not freaking out at all, just full of questions about whats imo maybe the best game ever made.

I'm an original OFP old timer and still play crcti@BIS. I'm genuinely interested how the whole thing works. I couldn't get Arma to work but I this works okay in low settings and I'm focussing now on updating my rig especially for this game.

seems your DayZ install is not allowed to access the internet. Check your firewall settings.

I have my firewall turned off! No antivirus turned on right now either.

I have my firewall turned off! No antivirus turned on right now either.

Hello there

See the above post too.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

See the above post too.

Rgds

LoK

When should I try again? It's 3pm GMT Right now and I still get no servers.

Problem is still persisting, any suggestions would be appreciated. I download at 20mb and upload at 1mb if that helps.

Help me out. How is the game set up? There must be hundreds of servers running independently of each other so how can they all go offline simultaneously? Is there an update being applied? 

all of the servers are connected to the public hive, the hive goes down for maintenance every Wednesday so the servers have no database to read from, server owners may as well use that time to perform maintenance/let the servers cool and rest.

Hey guys, I have a similar issue. It is not Wednesday, and for all I know, no maintenance is going on. I just bought the game, and I understand this game is in Alpha. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I get onto the game, lowered my settings, deactivated my firewall, and still nothing, no servers at all. Waited for hours too, just in case it was loading lag; that's not the case. Any suggestions? I can't seem to get it to work and my PC can handle the game. 

Hey guys, I have a similar issue. It is not Wednesday, and for all I know, no maintenance is going on. I just bought the game, and I understand this game is in Alpha. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I get onto the game, lowered my settings, deactivated my firewall, and still nothing, no servers at all. Waited for hours too, just in case it was loading lag; that's not the case. Any suggestions? I can't seem to get it to work and my PC can handle the game. 

What are your ingame server filter settings?  Set them all to 0.

I tried that, nothing changed. I can't figure it out. Anything else that might work?

I tried that, nothing changed. I can't figure it out. Anything else that might work?

Hows is your network speed? Run a speed test and post it http://www.speedtest.net/ Since you already ran firewall/antivirus settings I would start with your net and move from there.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3509262081  That's the result I got while running DayZ SA. 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3509264885  Is the result without.

Beans for then speed, try rolling forward to exp.

Right click DayZ in your Steam Library

Click Properties

Click the Betas tab

In the drop down menu choose...

experimental = preview testing version

Filter experimental and see if those servers show up for you.

I'll try it and tell you how it goes. As well, I will try a quick restart. get back to you if all works well.

• Like 1

I'll try it and tell you how it goes. As well, I will try a quick restart. get back to you if all works well.

Nevermind! It seems the experimental worked out. Any idea why the original isn't?

• Like 1

I will continue to run the game and report any unheard of bugs. Thanks for the help. 

• Like 1

I will continue to run the game and report any unheard of bugs. Thanks for the help. 

Anytime, try to roll back to stable branch and see if it now fills your server list real quick.

To revert back to Stable Branch.

Click Properties

Click the Betas tab

NONE = opt out of all beta programs

Close properties.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 1

Anytime, try to roll back to stable branch and see if it now fills your server list real quick.

Click Properties

Click the Betas tab

Close properties.

Thanks! Hopefully this can help others as well. Take care.

Click Properties

Click the Betas tab

Close properties.

This doesn't trigger my game to re-download or rollback to stable .49

I even deleted and re-installed the game. Same character I had on Exp and no servers.

Any ideas? :wacko:

Edited by ShootyMcStabbyface