Sign in to follow this  
liquidsnake

Third person exploits reached a new low today

Today I was killed by yet another 3rd person exploiter, but I've never experienced such a horrendous way of being murdered. He stood behind a bush, so I couldn't possibly see him and used 3rd person to aim at me and shot from complete concealment. I had the drop on him and saw him first, so I waited to blow him away as soon as he stuck his head out from cover. But nope, he shot while behind concealment. Nothing I could do, since I had a mosin and couldn't just spray the bushes. 

It's not hacking, but this is the absolute lowest "tactic" I have ever seen. Not even with all my time in the mod and SA. Frankly, I don't have any words for this. I was staggered when he managed to shoot me. All I could do was run, it was ridiculous. The invisible wall glitch, "peeking" around corners and whatnot was bad enough.

If anyone has also had a heinous experience with 3rd person, please do tell. I'd love to hear all the ridiculously unfair exploits they've been up to lately. 

• Like 4

It isnt an exploit and theres plenty of 1st person only servers out there man.

• Like 5

Today I was killed by yet another 3rd person exploiter, but I've never experienced such a horrendous way of being murdered. He stood behind a bush, so I couldn't possibly see him and used 3rd person to aim at me and shot from complete concealment. I had the drop on him and saw him first, so I waited to blow him away as soon as he stuck his head out from cover. But nope, he shot while behind concealment. Nothing I could do, since I had a mosin and couldn't just spray the bushes. 

It's not hacking, but this is the absolute lowest "tactic" I have ever seen. Not even with all my time in the mod and SA. Frankly, I don't have any words for this. I was staggered when he managed to shoot me. All I could do was run, it was ridiculous. The invisible wall glitch, "peeking" around corners and whatnot was bad enough.

If anyone has also had a heinous experience with 3rd person, please do tell. I'd love to hear all the ridiculously unfair exploits they've been up to lately. 

Yep, it's been happening since the mod.

If ya don't like it, go play hardcore, because there's no way in hell it can be fixed, aside from being punishable by ban on servers later on.

Hell, maybe we could play hardcore together, if you like. It's mostly all I play. :D

Still, take my beans for good luck. :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

• Like 1

QFT...

• Like 1

surely this is how all 3rd person games play . sounds like its time you learned to play 1st person games!

• Like 1

Yep, it's been happening since the mod.

If ya don't like it, go play hardcore, because there's no way in hell it can be fixed, aside from being punishable by ban on servers later on.

Hell, maybe we could play hardcore together, if you like. It's mostly all I play. :D

Still, take my beans for good luck. :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

Weird, because I've been playing the mod for years and never saw this happen. Anyway, I tend to have chars on both HC and regular so it's all good. I just didn't know what to say when I died, I was so amazed by how low some people go.

I allways play on hardcore servers

You sure the bush was rendering as solid for him as it was for you?

And bush shooting is actually easier in 1st person.  You can actually clip through it and see.

*cough* hardcore master race *hardcore*

How is this third person exploiting? He pretty much blind fired with an automatic weapon and won.

Go look up some war footage. It is very easy to find people lifting their weapons over their head from behind some sort of barrier and blindly unloading with their AK47 in the general direction of the enemy. Game wise he did the same thing to you.

Sure it was wasteful, he probably blasted away with most of a clip and he probably ruined most if not all of his gear, but he won.

This actually makes me wish they added a feature in DayZ that allowed you to point your weapon around the corner of a building and blindly blast away, to keep it from being used to cheat I would make this only work when you are in third person.

Just give up on the normal servers! I only played on normal good 3-4 times before I was fed up with the "tactics" that normal mode revolves around. Firefights just felt silly and camping is overpowered.

And bush shooting is actually easier in 1st person.  You can actually clip through it and see.

Yeh, but the second you being to "clip" through, parts of your body are visible from the other end. In fact, being in this exact position more than once (on either end), I strongly advice against doing this in 1PP. They'll see you before you see a damn thing - especially if you don't know their location. It might depend on the bush though.

How is this third person exploiting? He pretty much blind fired with an automatic weapon and won.

The difference is he stood behind the bush and fired using his 3PP view from over the bush - hence it's not "blind" firing if you can see what you're shooting at. It's just hip firing.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

This when "Inside" the bush its almost transperent. some of them you have to move around abit but you can see through it, where as the person looking at you sees a "solid" bush. its actually quite common.

The regular servers clogged up my server browser, but then I realized that I can filter them away.

I think that is the worst experience I've ever had with regular mode.

Really, if you have problems with periscope snipers and corner peekers, there is one really simple solution.

Just give up on the normal servers! I only played on normal good 3-4 times before I was fed up with the "tactics" that normal mode revolves around. Firefights just felt silly and camping is overpowered.

Yeh, but the second you being to "clip" through, parts of your body are visible from the other end. In fact, being in this exact position more than once (on either end), I strongly advice against doing this in 1PP. They'll see you before you see a damn thing - especially if you don't know their location. It might depend on the bush though.

The difference is he stood behind the bush and fired using his 3PP view from over the bush - hence it's not "blind" firing if you can see what you're shooting at. It's just hip firing.

He was firing inaccurately from behind visually imparing but non-protective cover and he got lucky. You guy with the Mosin could have just as easily fired straight into the center of the bush a couple times and probably scored a hit or two, but instead he waited for the perfect shot and never got it.

• Like 1

Honestly, those against 3PP are either lazy or just a very small minority.  I rarely see any more than two hardcore servers with a good number of players in them.  I play both style equally often though my 3PP character is what I would call my main and the style I prefer.

He was firing inaccurately from behind visually imparing but non-protective cover and he got lucky. You guy with the Mosin could have just as easily fired straight into the center of the bush a couple times and probably scored a hit or two, but instead he waited for the perfect shot and never got it.

I think you're interpretation of the story is different than mine. From what I understand, the shooter was behind a bush that he could see over using 3PP (which is totally replicable and not uncommon). Otherwise what's the point of even mentioning 3PP? He would only be "visually impaired" if he was in first person view, which in that case it would be blind firing. 

I'm not saying anything bad about 3PPers, but the OP should really just switch to hardcore because this is a common and necessary tactic in 3PP.

Edited by solodude23

as people have said, sure, you can move into a tree or bush in 1st person mode, as you should be able to, as you can , to an extent irl. it doesnt make you invisible in the game though and its not an exploit, its just using cover well, theres nothing wrong with that.

the prob the op had was that someone was fully hidden behind an object while looking over it and shooting through it, so there was no way at all he could be seen at all, i can understand why he didnt like this, but he shoudl see that thsi is surely just standard procedure in any 3rd person game, (or 1 which allows the pannable alt view type view anyway)

serious op, check out 1st person servers, i dont think you will regret it after a few hours of getting used to it.

• Like 3

Honestly, those against 3PP are either lazy or just a very small minority.  I rarely see any more than two hardcore servers with a good number of players in them.  I play both style equally often though my 3PP character is what I would call my main and the style I prefer.

those against third person are lazy? what are you talking about there?

• Like 1

Is it not possible to have a third person view, but remove the ability to see around (free looking) when holding Alt?

I know its an Arma thing.. but this is DayZ, it would certainly help in combating the silly advantage it gives, whilst keeping the character view.

Edit - You could change the function of pressing Alt to see a direct view of the front of your character.. but it goes into some kind of close up, thats would become kinda hard to see anything advantageous.. well certainly less than it is now!

Edited by NuckFuts

Right, let's make up random stories about what happened. 

On a serious note, once he started firing I was baffled. I had no idea where it was coming from because I could hear that the then unknown assailant was extremely close, yet I couldn't get eyes-on. I then realised it was coming from the bushes right in front of my nose and simple started running, since I assumed it was blind fire. He already hit me and it'd be daft to just stay there, since he seemed to have a good aim on me and I couldn't pinpoint his position (multiple bushes which qualify as his possible concealment). Only when his aim meticulously followed my movement did I know that it was by no means blind fire. He had a crystal clear view on me

@qww yes I already play HC as well. I like to have multiple characters so I play both reg and HC atm. I've played DayZ for 2-3 years now and never saw this before. It probably happened before, but this is the first time I'm certain of my attacker's tactic. It explains a few weird deaths I had in the last couple years, I suppose  :D

Edited by The End.

It may be time for you to try Hardcore were there is no 3rd person. Simple solution.  

I'm not really sure if that is really considered an exploit, because it is not a broken mechanic. Many pvp games have 3rd person and yes you do have pros and cons of using it.  Seeing over things is one thing. But if people are using to see through objects that is a game exploit.

Right, let's make up random stories about what happened. 

On a serious note, once he started firing I was baffled. I had no idea where it was coming from because I could hear that the then unknown assailant was extremely close, yet I couldn't get eyes-on. I then realised it was coming from the bushes right in front of my nose and simple started running, since I assumed it was blind fire. He already hit me and it'd be daft to just stay there, since he seemed to have a good aim on me and I couldn't pinpoint his position (multiple bushes which qualify as his possible concealment). Only when his aim meticulously followed my movement did I know that it was by no means blind fire. He had a crystal clear view on me

@qww yes I already play HC as well. I like to have multiple characters so I play both reg and HC atm. I've played DayZ for 2-3 years now and never saw this before. It probably happened before, but this is the first time I'm certain of my attacker's tactic. It explains a few weird deaths I had in the last couple years, I suppose  :D

yeah, you won't get any sympathy here. heck, you can't even prove he was in 3pp view, can you? i often get in bushes and 'peek' through the leaves in 1pp view, as 3pp view from bushes is sometimes crappy. maybe he could just see you, and you died??? either way, it probably took you a good 20-30 min to re-gear, so all is well. 

Jesus fuck if you don't like 3rd person view then just fuck off to 1st person "muh hurdcore" servers and let others play however they want. This is a universal answer to all these retarded threads.

Play hardcore maybe? Third person and what He is doing isn't cheating on expoiting. He is using the camera that is built into the game. It happens in Arma also. Nothing to do about it but change to a hardcore server. I find them more fun for some reason anyways.

Don't give us that bullshit. It is an exploit. You are using it to fight on unequal grounds. Be a man, pussy. Fight like one.

• Like 1