Sign in to follow this  
hitt0r

When firearms wont work?

My buddy took out a guy at the top of the ATC in NEAF.

I ran up as a FS got his gear + another guys magnum. Fully armed with an SKS + ammo (Pristine) i tracked down 2 ppl in the hangar press fire but my gun doesn't shoot!, during the game it goes 'click' 'click' but you can't hear it on the recording. Magnum worked, but the previous owner was only kind enough to leave 2 bullets and therefore ran out of ammo. This has happened a few times. Does this happen to anyone else? must be me hax  >:(  j/k  :thumbsup:

Happens to me sometimes, and it actually only happens with the SKS, no other gun has given me that issue.  

Heres how I sometimes fix it:  Empty the ammo, drop the gun, pick it up and reload it.

• Like 1

I've had that happen many times with the SKS. You'll load it, it'll make the shk-shk sound effect and animation, but the ammunition won't actually load into the gun for another friggin' 45 seconds or so. I've proven it's not lag as me and a friend have swapped SKS rifles and it's bugged out for both of us.

The only solution I've found is to reconnect which sometimes fixes it (sometimes doesn't), or just drop it in a bush somewhere and find another rifle.

I've had an issue with guns i've picked up of bodies since .44, you can't aim down sights with them, or shoot.. Seems the only way to fix it is relog.

I have had it happen only with the SKS. And I have handed it of to other guys, where it worked fine; I pick it back up and it is still glitched. Relogging helps, but even after a relog it would still bug out at the most inopportune time.

Happens with all guns.  Have had it happen with mosin, sks and m4.  You can't aim down sights or anything as mentioned above.  Can't fire, reloading doesn't fix it, swapping out parts doesn't fix it.  Only relogging does as far as I can tell.

No ruined status on the weapon or ammo so it's not that.  This started with .44 as also mentioned above.  Just a fucked up bug, I'd say if you're looting a gun make sure it works first before taking it into actual combat.  Horrible surprise.

I've had this with the Amphibia. Ejecting the bullet and loading another fixes it for me. Could be a different bug, though

I've had this with the Amphibia. Ejecting the bullet and loading another fixes it for me. Could be a different bug, though

There's that bug as well, where ejecting and reloading the gun does fix it.  Or swapping out parts of the gun such as taking off a bipod/scope and putting it back on.  That one's been around for a while.  But I think the bug the OP is referring to is the new one that popped up in .44 where guns just simply don't function at all, to the point of not even being able to aim down them.  It's pretty bad!