golomp

Help me fix my FPS Please!

Im wondering if my setup is sufficient to run Dayz:

Phenom x4 2.5GHz

8GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX295

And im getting like 10 fps in towns. I read on forums that this card should be easily able to run this game, yet I've tried everything I could find on the net: all settings to minimum/low, set maximum power in nvidia control panel, changed settings in dayz.cfg and still no success... I dunno if I have to upgrade the card?If I do, I dont wanna find out that these is still no improvement..

Please help!

Hi there,

i have a GPU just like yours, i believe mine is even lower, and i do not loose as much FPS in town, i usually get around 50FPS with médium details!!

have you tried to lower your resolution?? both in game and appearance?? usually is what is most noticeable on performance

but i fear your CPU is what is creating such low FPS

Thanks for reply, I tried lowering the resolution to minimum but it barely makes any difference (if any)

My cpu is only used at 50% (i look at a cpu widget)..

Any other suggestions?

Could it be that my motherboard is bottlenecking?

I ran Metro 2033 at almost max settings and it was fine :(

Thanks for reply, I tried lowering the resolution to minimum but it barely makes any difference (if any)

My cpu is only used at 50% (i look at a cpu widget)..

Any other suggestions?

Could it be that my motherboard is bottlenecking?

I ran Metro 2033 at almost max settings and it was fine :(

Well, i cannot run Metro 2033 at maximum settings, well, i could but it always gave me low fps and it would be almost impossible to aim properly

so it must be some setting you are not seeing?

if not, i cannot help you anymore

Amachie posted a vídeo on tweaking various things, see if any of the steps helps you out !!

Thanks for the video, tried all this and its still the same :(

Just noticed that if im at the shore and look towards the water, the fps is fine but as soon as i look at the town it drops dramatically.

golomp, FPS in town drops.. i have 50-60fps in the forest, 25 in the town.. so that is normal right now ;)

I see but I only have about 10 fps in town whereas Estevacio claims that hes running the game with a worse card than mine on medium settings without any probs..

10 fps is hardly playable. Does anyone know if there's gonna be an update with graphics optimization? 

Upgrade your cpu, nowadays games prefer to run on nothing lower than 3GHz, no matter how many cores you have to spread it across.

I was running a GTX 295 (duel GPU right?) with an 8 core Phenom II at around 3.6GHz I think, I forget the model number now so I can't check... Anyway, with the mod on medium settings across the board, I was getting a steady 20-30 frames in towns depending on the population of the server, can't speak for SA as I've upgraded my system considerably since then but I'd imagine I'd have had similar results with it set to lowest settings.

Then again I get weird fps spikes in the most random places due to the game not being optimized yet but yeah... 

Edited by =FOX= Damocles
  • Like 1

I see but I only have about 10 fps in town whereas Estevacio claims that hes running the game with a worse card than mine on medium settings without any probs..

10 fps is hardly playable. Does anyone know if there's gonna be an update with graphics optimization? 

I do have good settings on it, but i have a singular problem with my card, i cannot "stress" the card too much, for exemple, run around too much thus asking the card to create more textures, it overloads after a bit and it crashes the driver ( it is a known problem with some cards and Dayz SA engine ) the problem is from neither of them, it's just a compatibility problem, not their fault!!

but apart from that, the game runs quite smooth with médium settings, only sometimes those lag spikes happen but stabilizes after a second!!

Upgrade your cpu, nowadays games prefer to run on nothing lower than 3GHz, no matter how many cores you have to spread it across.

I was running a GTX 295 (duel GPU right?) with an 8 core Phenom II at around 3.6GHz I think, I forget the model number now so I can't check... Anyway, with the mod on medium settings across the board, I was getting a steady 20-30 frames in towns depending on the population of the server, can't speak for SA as I've upgraded my system considerably since then but I'd imagine I'd have had similar results with it set to lowest settings.

Then again I get weird fps spikes in the most random places due to the game not being optimized yet but yeah... 

I did some research and it turns out that my cpu does in fact bottleneck in this game. I just bought a Phenom 955 Black 3.2GHz and will update as soon as i get it.

Thanks for all input!

• Like 1

Hi all, So I have upgraded my CPU to Phenom 995 BE and my fps jumped to about 35-50. It seems to be the same whether I run the cpu at 3.8GHz or 3.2GHz. Im guessing that its the gpu that is at the top limit now. However the current fps is playable for me now.

Thanks All for all the help and Damocles, you have my beans!

• Like 1