Sign in to follow this  
Senrab1996

Huge FPS Issues ~ Despite high spec?

Whenever I play DayZ I receive huge fps issues around 7-fps generally, closer to the 7 mark in cities and large towns. I have tried countless things, editing max frames ahead in the games txt files, playing with my AMD graphics settings and so far nothing has made a significant impact.

I love this game and have tried to battle through the fps issues but it's been happening for so long that I am at my wits end with it. I don't think its just poor optimisation or anything as in all the patch notes and updates performance never seems to be a looked at thing, the dayz devs seem more interested in putting in a pointless crossbow or mp3 file for footsteps when walking over some cow shit in a field.

My Specs:

- AMD FX-8120 3.1GHz

- Two Sapphire Radeon HD 7770s In Crossfire 

- 8gb Corsair vengeance 1600Mhz RAM

- 750w PSU

- Windows 7 Ultimate (pirated)

Please respond quickly any suggestions or people in similar situations please feel free to offer anything to this topic below. Thanks.

I think it´s a Arma thing, those games has been poorly optimized throughout the series even though one have a good rig. It is a very demanding game, but in defense it is very pretty and a big

world that has to be rendered.

As for your rig it seems really good even though I have no recent experience with AMD stuff. I myself run a i7-4770k 3,5ghz with a Gefoce 780 and it gets real bad especially in towns.

I followed this guide, now this youtuber uses Nvidia but I guess there is equal settings in Catalyst Software for ur GPU. With his settings and configurations in CFG I gained +25 fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWGwM-SOQvY

Good luck

Edited by harvest

7fps does seem unusually low for that system, have you tried just running one 7770? Running in crossfire may be causing an issue.

Might want to snip that last little part off of your OS specs...I think it was said that Crossfire/SLI is not utilized by DayZ/Arma (at least not yet), you've already got it so it won't matter much unless/until they add it in.  Maybe more memory might be in order, but far as I can tell the Arma games utilize the CPU more than anything else.

Cheers for the relplies guys, I'll try the changes menioned in the video. I'd like to know if bohemia/rocket have any plans to implement crossfire support. If anyone has any info on hat it'd be welcome.

It's your AMD 7770 Gfx cards mate  - to be fair they offer poor performance  - even in crossfire mode a single AMD R9 270 (£120) outperforms 2 x 7770's in crossfire. Combined with the fact dayz cannot utilise crossfirex at the moment and in your case your running dayz on a a single 7770 which simply isn't going to cut it. - enabling the arma2 profile doesn't add any performance gains for crossfire.

invest in a new gfx card or lower your resolution / textures.

It's your AMD 7770 Gfx cards mate  - to be fair they offer poor performance  - even in crossfire mode a single AMD R9 270 (£120) outperforms 2 x 7770's in crossfire. Combined with the fact dayz cannot utilise crossfirex at the moment and in your case your running dayz on a a single 7770 which simply isn't going to cut it. - enabling the arma2 profile doesn't add any performance gains for crossfire.

invest in a new gfx card or lower your resolution / textures.

While Dayz doesn't utilize dual gfx cards, a single 7770 should still give him more than 7 frames per second. My old 4850 gave me 25 frames in woods and 15-20 in towns. That things was like 6 years old...

Most likely a power saving options turned on the CPU. What temp is your CPU running at? A common effect of overheating CPU's is terrible performance.

Edited by hrdrok

Does your system run like this is any other game? Also, the part about DayZ not utilizing two video cards is most likely your problem. Drop some money on a new video card because you are out of date(even with 2 cards). 

While Dayz doesn't utilize dual gfx cards, a single 7770 should still give him more than 7 frames per second. My old 4850 gave me 25 frames in woods and 15-20 in towns. That things was like 6 years old...

Most likely a power saving options turned on the CPU. What temp is your CPU running at? A common effect of overheating CPU's is terrible performance.

Although this guy has a better CPU he needs to turn all rendering / quality to off / low and textures to normal. You may be correct that the CPU may be throttling down.

To monitor CPU & GPU temps:

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

is it only DayZ which runs poor?

Edited by hitt0r