Sign in to follow this  
Paytoblask

Game Suggestions

Just a few suggestions I thought would be neat (I know its Alpha)

• Not all zombies run super speed (may just be me this happens to). To expand, zombie hordes (group of zombies 5-10), could come after you but move slowly or just all zombies don't run like Usain bolt  ;)
  • Better looting (Could just be my luck). Many of the houses or buildings I come across are completely empty
  • Maps be more common. I never know where I'm going in the game
  • Better melee sounds and mechanics
  • Cupboards, drawers, dressers etc. can be accessed

Lemme know what you guys think

I agree with the better melee sounds and mechanics, it feels like all my weapons do no damage to zombies. For example an axe stab to the face doesnt seem to kill them.

Zombies do run fast but I think they should otherwise they would be too slow to be a threat. If there was a horde of slow moving zombies you could just outrun them easily and it would be no problem to you.

As for maps being hard to find, you are pretty much guaranteed to find one in the police stations, they have at least 2-3 on most occasions.

The cupboards being accessible idea is a good one, they should certainly add it.

And imo the looting seems fine, sometimes a lot has been looted already especially in cities, and those little log cabins are mostly empty, same for some houses.

Zombies do run fast but I think they should otherwise they would be too slow to be a threat. If there was a horde of slow moving zombies you could just outrun them easily and it would be no problem to you.

I feel as if the zombies are too fast, they always seem to catch up to me and never give up

• Not all zombies run super speed (may just be me this happens to). To expand, zombie hordes (group of zombies 5-10), could come after you but move slowly or just all zombies don't run like Usain bolt  ;)
  • Better looting (Could just be my luck). Many of the houses or buildings I come across are completely empty

-Well the lore of DayZ says they are not undead but infected people. Therefore it stands to reason that they can run. I like them cos it will make it even more of a challenge when their numbers are pushed up and infections added. They are still very much a work in progress though.

-Looting is OP at the moment. Too much loot. Albeit some houses are bugged and never spawn anything, but everwhere else the loot is just far too much. Especially military and food.

-Maps are indeed quite hard to come by. It'd be nice if you could customize them, with custom markers etc seen only by people who get their hands on your map.

-Melee is being worked on all the time and still needs work.

-They ar going to introduce containers at some point, like fridges, boxes and cupboards which will spawn stuff you'd usually find in any such objects around the household. I don't know if it's possible to have every single drawer open and close though due to engine limitations.

Edit: Welcome to the forums btw ;)

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 3

I feel as if the zombies are too fast, they always seem to catch up to me and never give up

I think its fine, but it needs to be fixed so they cant leap at you and hit from quite a distance like they do. If you're in a city just run around corners or into houses, and in the country go up hills so they are forced to walk and you can loose them. 

Edited by Brim1944

I think its fine, but it needs to be fixed so they cant leap at you and hit from quite a distance like they do. If you're in a city just run around corners or into houses, and in the country go up hills so they are forced to walk and you can loose them. 

The leaping is what i'm thinking about, sorry my mistake.

-Well the lore of DayZ says they are not undead but infected people. Therefore it stands to reason that they can run. I like them cos it will make it even more of a challenge when their numbers are pushed up and infections added. They are still very much a work in progress though.

-Looting is OP at the moment. Too much loot. Albeit some houses are bugged and never spawn anything, but everwhere else the loot is just far too much. Especially military and food.

-Maps are indeed quite hard to come by. It'd be nice if you could customize them, with custom markers etc seen only by people who get their hands on your map.

-Melee is being worked on all the time and still needs work.

-They ar going to introduce containers at some point, like fridges, boxes and cupboards which will spawn stuff you'd usually find in any such objects around the household. I don't know if it's possible to have every single drawer open and close though due to engine limitations.

Edit: Welcome to the forums btw ;)

I just started playing and those were just some premature thoughts. I've gotten better and can now tell looting is OP

• Like 2

There is no problem with zombies at all, they are still very easy.

There IS a problem with desync and lag so you get hit from invisible zom's or zom's 30 metres away and there is a problem with zom's respawning agro'ed on you but this is just plaace holder and will be adjusted as time goes on.

I see so many threads saying zom's are too hard and I am not sure what your technique is but if you are dying from them, then it is obviously wrong and you should change it.

There is no problem with zombies at all, they are still very easy.

There IS a problem with desync and lag so you get hit from invisible zom's or zom's 30 metres away and there is a problem with zom's respawning agro'ed on you but this is just plaace holder and will be adjusted as time goes on.

I see so many threads saying zom's are too hard and I am not sure what your technique is but if you are dying from them, then it is obviously wrong and you should change it.

if you had read, i was mistaken. i was thinking about the zombies leaping and getting hit from a distance away.

if you had read, i was mistaken. i was thinking about the zombies leaping and getting hit from a distance away.

There is no problem with leaping. Don't like the leaping? Don't run.

1. Answered.

2. Answered.

3. The new quadrant spawning system should imrpove.

4. I imagine its only a matter of time as the Dev team expands.

Short-term (Q2)

Persistent Objects

• All objects or just some?
  • Save state of everything
  • Decide which to permanently use

World Containers

• Refrigerator
  • Oven
  • Cupboards

- Coldness/Shivering-system