Sign in to follow this  
Caughtbiscuit

Horses!

I think that horses would be a great add on in dayZ standalone. Because it would be a silent mode of transportation plus with the horse you don't need replacement parts you just need to give it food and water. the player could get the hay from barns and feed it to the animal, horses could have some inventory to carry guns, ammo and, food. I think it would be a good installment what about you guys?

This has been talked about.. In depth.. Many times..

• Like 1

1. +50

that would be awesome, as for the horse carrying gear you would have to search for side bags or something of the sort.

It's not a bad idea, but would horses not have starved to death/been killed? (depending on how long it's been since whatever happened in Chernarus).

Edited by Brim1944

It's not a bad idea, but would horses not have starved to death/been killed? (depending on how long it's been since whatever happened in Chernarus).

I was under the impression horses ate grass. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 2

No. They eat skilled players, unfortinately there rare and hard to kill, so kost horses starve to death or become a skilled players apprentice and rely on him for food(other skilled players).

You aren't wrong at all, but not all horses can live off grass alone. Some horses can get fat off just grass and some just dont get everything they need from it, so a lot of them would starve to death if they weren't killed for food or attacked by zombies.

Edited by Brim1944

I don't know about you guy's but if i see a Horse then i shoot it and make dinner so mutch meat damn im engergised and stuffd. 
So transportation that we can eat nice going.

=>

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/190937-companion-animals-endgame-mechanic/

this thread was still on the same page....

I don't know about you guy's but if i see a Horse then i shoot it and make dinner so mutch meat damn im engergised and stuffd. 
So transportation that we can eat nice going.

I bet ~80% of the horse-meat would be rotten, before you can eat it, because it's so much.

Edited by irishroy