Sign in to follow this  
DonkeyAssHat45

Does throwing cans work?

Iv only done it two times but so far every time I throw a can to distract a zombie, they just all argo at me. Im prone so they cant see me, I aim it high and throw it at a building far from me, as soon as I throw it all the zombies not even looking at me come running at me.

Just wondering if its a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Everytime I throw a tin can towarda a zombir they go away to check it out, so I think it does work, yeah. You just need to be hidden I think.

Sounds strange. I've had moderate success throwing empty bottles and great success using flares to distract. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever distracted anything with empty cans before. Always been bottles or flares.

I love tin cans! But I've never gotten zombies to go look at my tin cans :dodgy: If you throw them at other people, you ring their ears and put them into shock :angel:

they work. I hit a zombie with a whiskey bottle in the head once. taht was satisfying D:D:D

They do work, you need to throw them max 40 metres away from them. They will hear it and slowly walk towards it. Iv tried this many times and 99% of the time they stay where you threw the can/bottle but the other 1% they stayed for a few secs and then walked back to their origional position.

I cleared out an aparement in cherno doing this. 7 zombies came out of the house and i just slowly walked past when they were all out. Very tense. Infact i rely on bottles and cans when i respawn.

Throw them at other players. Breaks their bones and can make them bleed. It's fun

Throw them at other players. Breaks their bones and can make them bleed. It's fun

In former Soviet state, cans crush you!

didn't used them to distract zeds

but they are great to smash the windows at the hospital

i love the tin cans since you can select them to trow them.

saved my live or ammo manytimes.

if i respawn i catch everything i can.

some dude found it funny to kill me when i respawned.

i want to se his face when he looted my body.

inventory and backpack full of empty tin cans XD

Never tried, I have tried to try, but I couldn't figure out how to throw them, I was trying to equip them like you do flares, smoke grenades etc... is there a certain way to throw bottles and cans?

Never tried' date=' I have tried to try, but I couldn't figure out how to throw them, I was trying to equip them like you do flares, smoke grenades etc... is there a certain way to throw bottles and cans?

[/quote']i dont know since when but right now with 1.7.1.5 just main inventory and select them with f (like flares) it say Throw.(like the empty wiskey bootles.)

be sure to be out of sight. hit some concrete/trees or walls = more sound/distracting.

Haha... It is a massive waste of Inventory space though. You just need a couple to smash windows, like the hospital!

Haha... It is a massive waste of Inventory space though. You just need a couple to smash windows' date=' like the hospital!

[/quote']oh lord. thank you ALOT. never would of thought of that ;)

to mention: only if i find nothing else. still pretty funny. cramming all shit up you inventory. thats my way of trolling players which hunt fresh unnarmed players if i dont kill them with the hatchet. or going to the hospitol catching all the good stuff and leave a big pile of tin cans in the brown box :)

Before I have anything decent to get rid of infected, I regularly use road flares, empty bottles and tin cans to distract zombies. It seems you can't throw tin cans that far though.

I think it was in Commandos where you could throw a stone or somehow distract guards, that is basically how it works. Nearby infected will inspect the object for a while and then when they've finally found out its just a tin can slowly start shuffling away.

Flares and smoke grenades seem to puzzle them for a longer time as they make noise as well.

Is it my imagination or is empty whiskey bottles louder than empty cans?