Sign in to follow this  
IroPslam

Reward for those who keep their character alive and healthy

I think it would be somewhat of a good idea to implement reward for those who keep their character alive
example:
> a character who has survived some time would have better aim after sprinting as opposed to someone who hasn't been alive too long.
> a character who has kept himself/herself healthy for a certain amount of time gain more from food, drink and saline bags.
> a character who has sprinted a certain distance will gain the tiniest sprinting boost (not very keen on that one)
I just think it would push players to keep their characters alive rather than running in, dying and running back to get their gear

Mmm. Y'know what'd be really exciting? Character save. Being able to revert back to an old character that had the same loot as before.

Just kidding that would be awful.

• Like 1

idea was propsed as a core concept by dean hall that characters get a ability boost by doing certain things a lot, ie people who apply medical gear getting boosts to the effects after time and so on, this would really encourage teamplay i think as if your character was basically a useless retard at every aspect of gameplay initially, and it took you a while to build up just one or other of your actions skill, it would be much more sensible to find players who already have a natural leaning towards one role or another within a group scenario, imagine if when cars and so on are in, you only had say 2 guys who could really hit those hard far off shots, and two others were only really the sort of people who were good mechanics or medic roles, would really add a much needed dynamic to enforce less shoot on sight tactics i think

i 100% disagree with any kind of boost applied to character after staying alive

get better at shooting by shooting, not by some boost that says you got better at shooting

same applies for any other boost, thats my view

many players already try to stay alive  dont feel there need to be any artificial incentives

Edited by qww

I think it would be somewhat of a good idea to implement reward for those who keep their character alive

example:

> a character who has survived some time would have better aim after sprinting as opposed to someone who hasn't been alive too long.

> a character who has kept himself/herself healthy for a certain amount of time gain more from food, drink and saline bags.

> a character who has sprinted a certain distance will gain the tiniest sprinting boost (not very keen on that one)

I just think it would push players to keep their characters alive rather than running in, dying and running back to get their gear

I'm not convinced by your choices here (nor the idea itself), but if I may chime in my suggestions?

• A character who has survived for some time would have a slightly increased toughness (+1%?)
  • A character who has kept himself fully healthy by constantly snacking would require more sustenance over time to sate their hunger and thirst (+5%?)
  • A character who has allowed themselves to get hungry and thirsty before refuelling would require less frequent sustenance over time (-4%?)
  • A character who is well exercised (and hence "fit") would be able to sprint for slightly longer (+2%?)
  • A character who spends too much time lying down would become less fit and hence less able to exert themselves (-3%)

There are many more, but I feel that any such system should be a double edged sword rather than simply a list of "perks".

• Like 1

NO!

nope to OP

... JUST BEARDS, mullets, and  farmers tans.

Edited by UnarmedCiv

I'm not convinced by your choices here (nor the idea itself), but if I may chime in my suggestions?

• A character who has survived for some time would have a slightly increased toughness (+1%?)
  • A character who has kept himself fully healthy by constantly snacking would require more sustenance over time to sate their hunger and thirst (+5%?)
  • A character who has allowed themselves to get hungry and thirsty before refuelling would require less frequent sustenance over time (-4%?)
  • A character who is well exercised (and hence "fit") would be able to sprint for slightly longer (+2%?)
  • A character who spends too much time lying down would become less fit and hence less able to exert themselves (-3%)

There are many more, but I feel that any such system should be a double edged sword rather than simply a list of "perks".

That would seem like a waaaay better system than mine, it was just a suggestion, I was hoping the community would evolve it which you did

except the last one, I don't think that would really apply to people quite honestly like, A sniper who goes prone a'lot to stabilize his shot would also sprint a'lot

I don't see someone staying prone for a long while to have any effect on them

NOPE....OP!

One thing might be appreciated instead it's a tag that records the longest time you survived and total hours played. It saves your top records kills, handcuffs etc.... So that a screen about that can be taken and put on our signature...

and....why not, after that with some roleplay we place some bountyes above our heads to make some roleplay :)

Edited by GunnyITA