kiko1987

Server hopping

When we will see the solution about that?! I'm getting tired to get killed by server hoppers. Like the last time when I saw a shodow appearing right next to me from nowhere and 2 sec after that I was dead. Not to mention the easiest way to loot 10 police/fire station...
One big hive really fucks up the game.

There already is a solution.

One character per server even in public hives.

• Like 3

There already is a solution.

One character per server even in public hives.

This doesn't make any sense. 

The whole point of the public hive is to jump from server to server.

If you want to have classic DayZ gameplay / no custom scripts / no private hives.

You would need to introduce character locked servers, not part of any hive.

Edited by Sobieski12
  • Like 1

I'm server hopping right now. Not for loot, but to kill other players! If I see a bambi, I'll help him loot the airfield. If I see a gas mask or camouflage clothing... pew pew!

• Like 3

I'm server hopping right now. Not for loot, but to kill other players! If I see a bambi, I'll help him loot the airfield. If I see a gas mask or camouflage clothing... pew pew!

Good thing I always back-stab players like you, I almost felt sorry for a minute. 

Edited by Sobieski12

Good thing I always back-stab players like you, I almost felt sorry for a minute.

Lol? Felt sorry about what? You're scary, man! /gasp

• Like 1

If you want to have classic DayZ gameplay / no custom scripts / no private hives.

Whole point of the public hive is to have central control of loot , aggregate data on global economies and have tighter control and information on what is going on.

Jumping from server to server is not one of them.

• Like 1

nothing wrong with jumping servers, due to the state of the loot system. that being said, if I'm logging in with a fresh toon, I will look for a server that is freshly reset and hit it up. If enough join, I hang around and have fun. if not, I will wait a bit and then find a server with more aggression.

As i've stated before, the idea of player locking on servers is quite possibly one of the dumbest ideas being suggested for Dayz. Forcing players to only interact with people on one specific server or else restart on another? This game benefits from the huge community which would be very disconnected if characters were locked to servers. I log shit tons of hours in Dayz but still would rather shoot myself in the face than have to start a new character every time I want to play on a different server. 

I predict once loot reasons come into effect server hopping will be cut down dramatically if not completely eliminated for the purposes of loot camping. There will still be those who will jump servers to meet up with friends in other servers or for groups such as reddit rescue force etc. This type of server hopping should be encouraged to keep the community interacting together on a large scale. 

Ps. The "One character per server" suggestion will never happen because of how great groups like the reddit rescue force are. On private servers someday? yes. Not public. Anyone who thinks differently has no understanding of how detrimental that kind of restriction would be to a game like Dayz and it's community. Thankfully I feel it's an idea the Dean and the future development team will never entertain.......notice Deans interactions with the Reddit Rescue Force and than give your head a shake.

• Like 2

As i've stated before, the idea of player locking on servers is quite possibly one of the dumbest ideas being suggested for Dayz. Forcing players to only interact with people on one specific server or else restart on another? This game benefits from the huge community which would be very disconnected if characters were locked to servers. I log shit tons of hours in Dayz but still would rather shoot myself in the face than have to start a new character every time I want to play on a different server. 

I predict once loot reasons come into effect server hopping will be cut down dramatically if not completely eliminated for the purposes of loot camping. There will still be those who will jump servers to meet up with friends in other servers or for groups such as reddit rescue force etc. This type of server hopping should be encouraged to keep the community interacting together on a large scale. 

Ps. The "One character per server" suggestion will never happen because of how great groups like the reddit rescue force are. On private servers someday? yes. Not public. Anyone who thinks differently has no understanding of how detrimental that kind of restriction would be to a game like Dayz and it's community. Thankfully I feel it's an idea the Dean and the future development team will never entertain.......notice Deans interactions with the Reddit Rescue Force and than give your head a shake.

hahahaha, I'll take a guess that you've never played the mod. Server hopping was quite common in the military bases and at the popular sniper gallery towns, there is no way to completely eliminate the problem. The timer does not remove the problem, it just slows it down at a max of 200 sec.... LOL

Waste 10-20 min running to another military base or just server hop to a dead server in order to obtain military loot.

As for the loot re-spawn system, not excited about it. 

Every military base is going to look just like this picture.

rn1lm4I.jpg?1

Having player locked servers eliminates server hopping entirely, it forces the player to be dedicated to a server.

What is even more funny, is how narrow minded players such as you are.

* What happens when persistent storage items are introduced to the servers, you're going to dedicated your time to store items on a specific server.

* What happens when persistent vehicles are are introduced to the servers, you're going to dedicated your time to that vehicles in both fixing / traveling. 

* What happens when persistent farming is added, same story, you're dedicated to a single server. 

What happens when that server is removed?

*  you lose everything.

Now of course what players have done in the past is make "warehouse servers", aka a clans server.

Server hopping at this stage is quite different. 

* Players hop servers to find player bases, it's quite common in the mod and I am sure it will happen again, thanks to the public hive.

--------------

Player locked servers forces players to actually travel around the map in the hopes of both finding players and engaging in fair pvp.

The solution is quite simple. 

Keep the public hive for the server hopping community, but introduce a character locked server system as-well for those people who actually want to play fair.

* Public Hive

* Private Hive 

* Character locked Servers

Edited by Sobieski12
  • Like 1

hahahaha, I'll take a guess that you've never played the mod. Server hopping was quite common in the military bases and at the popular sniper gallery towns, there is no way to completely eliminate the problem. The timer does not remove the problem, it just slows it down at a max of 200 sec.... LOL

Waste 10-20 min running to another military base or just server hop to a dead server in order to obtain military loot.

As for the loot re-spawn system, not excited about it. 

Every military base is going to look just like this picture.

rn1lm4I.jpg?1

Having player locked servers eliminates server hopping entirely, it forces the player to be dedicated to a server.

What is even more funny, is how narrow minded players such as you are.

* What happens when persistent storage items are introduced to the servers, you're going to dedicated your time to store items on a specific server.

* What happens when persistent vehicles are are introduced to the servers, you're going to dedicated your time to that vehicles in both fixing / traveling. 

* What happens when persistent farming is added, same story, you're dedicated to a single server. 

What happens when that server is removed?

*  you lose everything.

Now of course what players have done in the past is make "warehouse servers", aka a clans server.

Server hopping at this stage is quite different. 

* Players hop servers to find player bases, it's quite common in the mod and I am sure it will happen again, thanks to the public hive.

--------------

Player locked servers forces players to actually travel around the map in the hopes of both finding players and engaging in fair pvp.

The solution is quite simple. 

Keep the public hive for the server hopping community, but introduce a character locked server system as-well for those people who actually want to play fair.

* Public Hive

* Private Hive 

* Character locked Servers

Still won't happen. You who are the close minded one who would like everyone locked to one server. Go play breaking point, you'll learn a thing or two.

Yup one character per server is the only solution.

People can dance circles and try to spin it any which way but the only real and true solution is one character per server.

Yup one character per server is the only solution.

People can dance circles and try to spin it any which way but the only real and true solution is one character per server.

It really is sad that the team is wasting resources and time to satisfy the community for the hive system. Nothing is going to change, the 200 sec server hopping timer is a joke and this will not discourage players to server hop at any of the popular military bases. 

The solution is obvious, the only question is will the DayZ dev give the community the option.

I mean if private hives will be in the game, why not character locked servers.

It really is sad that the team is wasting resources and time to satisfy the community for the hive system. Nothing is going to change, the 200 sec server hopping timer is a joke and this will not discourage players to server hop at any of the popular military bases. 

The solution is obvious, the only question is will the DayZ dev give the community the option.

I mean if private hives will be in the game, why not character locked servers.

The dev team isn't wasting time. The respawn timer got changed back to 200 seconds because there are no loot response and the game is glitchy causing people to be punished with wait timers for bad disconnects. 

Once loot spawns are in game and the respawn timer is increased server hopping will decrease. 

On another note, I have never been killed by a server hopper. Why would i give two shits if someone else wants to server hop for loot? Doesn't effect me at all. I don't care if it takes me to 2 hours to gear up and someone else 30 mins due to server hopping. I play the game for me not them. If my character gets locked to a specific server I would be unable to play with other groups or clans/friends on other servers without starting a new character. THAT IS DUMB. 

Again, go play breaking point; you will learn something about server hopping and loot respawns. 

Oh and for some reason the picture above with guns laying everywhere never happens in breaking point. Orrrrrrr maybe in my 300+ hours of looting (while loot respawns) I was lucky enough to not encounter such an atrocity.

Again, go read about reddit rescue force. Your ideas would obliterate what many of groups have made who are involved with the devs. 

Stop whining, kill server hoppers.

another one of these threads eh , if your not completely happy getting killed all the time for no reason dayz an't the game for you.

Edited by calabam
  • Like 1

How about this: if it ain't harming YOU don't get onto someone. A game should not punish a playstyle. It should be fun. Servers hoppers are usually new players or player hunters. It ain't gonna stop them. That log in timer doesn't do Jack cause a real server hopper will open the steam overlay, find a youtube video or somethign and watch it while waiting for the time out. I once get kicked from a server for it going down, joined another, no connection to hive, disconnect and join another got kicked by abusive admin for a "clan server"  join an official one, a 500+ second timer. you know what I did I didn't quit the game, I didn't rage, I went and got a snack, used the bathroom, went and read some game of thrones, looked after the little brother while mom was at work (curse not being able to find a job cause of age!). You think a server hopper cares? Only if they are an impatient CoD kid looking for instant action and satisfaction.

Topic cleaned.

This is not a discussion about whether or not Teamspeak should be disallowed (which is impossible and never going to happen anyway). Do not hijack other people's topics.

Maybe they should only allow a character to switch servers once per day (or similar).  No timer if you log on to your "current" server.  Joining a different server is either possible or denied.

• Server hopping would be vastly slower than "proper" play.
  • Even if a person has a loot farm, it is only usable once every two days (go there one day, leave the next).=
  • Clan battles and raids would still be possible; they just require a little organisation.

The way you fix it is by implementing stiffer penalties for server hopping. Maybe something along the lines of if you change servers more than three times in ten minutes you get a 72 hour respawn timer. Yeah, that should fix it.........

That is impossible, you need a hive in order to store the data. Also, @Gibonez afaik you cannot character lock people onto one server in a public hive. :3

Whole point of the public hive is to have central control of loot , aggregate data on global economies and have tighter control and information on what is going on.

Jumping from server to server is not one of them.

Your quite wrong.  The point of the Hive, is so you make take your current player into other servers, with MORE or LESS players depending on what you want to do..  They do not spawn MORE or LESS loot depending on variables, nor do they collect that kind of Data on stable servers. 

LOOT does NOT RESPAWN.. Until it does.. There shall be server hoppers!   If your talking about "Ghosting" which is somebody logging in inside a place your "Camping"  Stop camping and start playing... Stop watching the stairs, and go out and play the game... Camping is for pansies, and you deserve to be ghosted. 

Your quite wrong.  The point of the Hive, is so you make take your current player into other servers, with MORE or LESS players depending on what you want to do..  They do not spawn MORE or LESS loot depending on variables, nor do they collect that kind of Data on stable servers. 

LOOT does NOT RESPAWN.. Until it does.. There shall be server hoppers!   If your talking about "Ghosting" which is somebody logging in inside a place your "Camping"  Stop camping and start playing... Stop watching the stairs, and go out and play the game... Camping is for pansies, and you deserve to be ghosted. 

You do know that the devs have central control of loot so if for instance they want only 2 revolvers accross all servers they can do that .

Like they did for a whole week when the revolver was first released.

Central control of loot and gathering of information on player behavior are the main benefits of a central hive.

Simply having your character transfer over to other servers is not and in fact it is one of the biggest flaws of the hive.

Nobody deserves to have anyone combat logged, on them or ghosted on them.

I "server hop" but it isn't what you think.....instead what happens is servers crash and disconnect so often....in one full loot run of NWAF I often get disconnected server timed out messeage 2-3 times before I can do a 100% successful run and that is with me starting over each time I have to change servers....

If server hopping wasn't in the game then I would not play cause the servers are not stable at all.

I would like them to fix the abuse situations but at the same time it is better than being screwed over by laggy servers all the time.

I believe there should be the following changes:

1. When you first spawn you should not be able to be seen or see others or your environment until you have a stable connection with the server. I say this cause sometimes I spawn and cant move for a full minute meanwhile zombies or other players attack or kill you.

2. Fix loot respawn mechanics

You do know that the devs have central control of loot so if for instance they want only 2 revolvers accross all servers they can do that .

Like they did for a whole week when the revolver was first released.

Central control of loot and gathering of information on player behavior are the main benefits of a central hive.

Simply having your character transfer over to other servers is not and in fact it is one of the biggest flaws of the hive.

Nobody deserves to have anyone combat logged, on them or ghosted on them.

Last line is a joke. I have killed so many combat loggers its not even funny....or wait....it's kinda funny. I have still have not been killed by a ghoster.

Step your game up.

I love server hoppers.

They spawn in at NEAF N. Prison  second floor, nice clean shot thru the window.

Most of em are greeted with a immediate "You are dead" before they even fully spawn in.

Go confirm the kill, "Unknown Entity has no pulse, but is warm to the touch".

Guess they hopped to a different server :)