Katana67

Foregrips - What Should They Do And How Should They Do It?

Truly wish they would just dump the attributes on accessories.

Make them purely cosmetic thats it none of this goofy RPG crap stats on items.

I thought they were going to dump it after the akm had no attachments that increased the accuracy.

The cz 527 however apparently has a magical dispersion reducing attachment.

What attachment did you mean? I did not except cz 527 to have many attachments except optics, magazine and bipod.

What attachment did you mean? I did not except cz 527 to have many attachments except optics, magazine and bipod.

It looks like it has a compensator.

I dont even think the barrel on a 527 is even threaded guess its being held on with magical anti dispersion super glue.

It looks like it has a compensator.

I dont even think the barrel on a 527 is even threaded guess its being held on with magical anti dispersion super glue.

Ah compensator...kinda did not expect that one.

If only those attachments did not do that much, it would be lot better.

I hope, that devs already got the message, that attachments with +30 accuracy are not praised by whole dayz community.

Ah compensator...kinda did not expect that one.

If only those attachments did not do that much, it would be lot better.

I hope, that devs already got the message, that attachments with +30 accuracy are not praised by whole dayz community.

Compensators are one of the few attachments that I'd definitely like to see affect weapon behavior, though.

My friend threw a compensator and recoil buffer on his PTR-91 (well-made G3 clone) and it worked absolute wonders in actually lessening the recoil of the weapon. It wasn't some kind of placebo effect, the weapon just recoiled less, and it was wonderful.

Compensators are one of the few attachments that I'd definitely like to see affect weapon behavior, though.

My friend threw a compensator and recoil buffer on his PTR-91 (well-made G3 clone) and it worked absolute wonders in actually lessening the recoil of the weapon. It wasn't some kind of placebo effect, the weapon just recoiled less, and it was wonderful.

I think that most people would not be against attachments affecting recoil and sway.

What is troublesome is random dispersion, that has to be tamed by MP handguard or such.

We've been using fore grips on the rifle for at least four years, it's rare that someone would be issued a rifle without one unless they're a clerk or something similar. Those gangsta grips with the pop out bipod are utter wank though, I prefer the older hand guard with no rail system.

wait wait wait wait WAIT!

"using...on the rifle for at least four years"...."issued a rifle"...."grips with the pop out bipod...utter wank"....

WHAT!?!?! I am dumbfounded....

While I will agree with you on the matter of the pop out bipod grips being garbage....the verbiage and choice of words just now....YOU ARE MILITARY! If not, then at least law enforcement.

So what is your deal? Why do you go around insulting everyone that cites military knowledge, insulting them and the organizations they are so proud to be members of?

Are you a liar? Or are you a hypocrite? OR are you one of those people who belongs to a particular branch or organization and thinks that just because you are in it, yours is the only one whose shit doesn't stink?

Or are you JUST a troll that gets off on inciting people to anger?

I am legitimately curious as to how you justify this hypocrisy.

Honestly bro there is no need to be so concerned over a few lines on a forum and I thought that as a serving marine you'd be used to a bit of abuse, banter etc etc.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter who or what I am, my words give purpose to whatever meaning you wish to take from them.

Have a nice day guarding a dock yard somewhere...........Only kidding.

Foregrips shouldn't do anything. They should be entirely cosmetic. Any other solution would be too "gamey".

Besides. I want my pact weapons and I want them now. The mall ninja bandits make my skin itch. I just want my simple AK-74. Is it too much to ask?

No. It isn't.

Foregrips shouldn't do anything. They should be entirely cosmetic. Any other solution would be too "gamey".

Besides. I want my pact weapons and I want them now. The mall ninja bandits make my skin itch. I just want my simple AK-74. Is it too much to ask?

No. It isn't.

166a967bf5.jpg

They could reduce the delay in and make the weapons snap around faster and thus still be added without feeling unrealistic.

What are your thoughts? What would you like foregrips to do if implemented? How would you want attachments overall to be managed?

Foregrips should increase the handling of the gun, I mean, of course, that rediculous turning speed limit.

But, first the turning speed should be improved to be less rediculous.

The downside of foregrips is that you give up a grenade launcher or shotgun on the bottom of the gun, and increased weight.

Foregrips should increase the handling of the gun, I mean, of course, that rediculous turning speed limit.

The downside of foregrips is that you give up a grenade launcher or shotgun on the bottom of the gun, and increased weight.

Meh, not having an underbarrel attachment isn't really a downside in DayZ. In other FPSs, where you're essentially saying "this is the loadout I'll be using until I die" when you spawn in... it's different. In DayZ you can just swap them out in a heartbeat on-the-go, as you can carry other attachments in your inventory. Hence why I had an ACOG attached on my M4A1 for everyday field use, and then kept an M68 around for when I went into the cities.

I don't really have an issue with the turning speed (I assume you're asserting it's too... slow?).

Personally, I think foregrips should give you a slight buff to your time-to-target in raising your weapon.

Edited by Katana67

Hello there

For me, foregrips should be "bling" items only and down to personal preference.

Scopes should do what they do in real life, put a dot on something or zoom

Unless there's an attachment that is known for amazingly improving accuracy then it should not confer such a buff.

However if its a minuscule buff of say 1-5% then I dont mind.

But Id rather they concentrate on real weapon handling as so few games deal in that. But that's just me in my own little Orlokian universe.

Whatever they do, I really don't think it'll be too arcade-esque although whilst "balancing" or perhaps I should say "tweaking" is in progress expect variables to vary variably widely. But dont expect the current values to stay.

Rgds

LoK

The gun handling seems pretty spot on for me. It slow enough to not make the game a twitch shooter but not so slow that the game is unresponsive.

Unless there's an attachment that is known for amazingly improving accuracy then it should not confer such a buff.

There are more ways of influencing how a weapon behaves other than just "improving accuracy" in terms of percentages.

Like having foregrips modify the sway of the weapon so that there's less horizontal sway. Or having foregrips modify recoil somehow as to make vertical recoil lessened. Or having them modify the time it takes to shoulder a weapon. That's not modifying accuracy per-se, because it's still up to the player to be accurate. It's just lessening the amount of input required.

Or having things like coupled magazines be there for quicker reloads. Which is something that I've never really heard anyone (the realism or gameplay folks) complain about... the fact that the coupled mag for the M4 is essentially just two normal, but separate, USGI mags which somehow feed seamlessly as one big pool of ammunition.

Sort of renders the 40 rounder useless, and doesn't offer any unique abilities other than having a 60 round magazine.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

The gun handling seems pretty spot on for me. It slow enough to not make the game a twitch shooter but not so slow that the game is unresponsive.

It's slow enough to make the game STUPID, and that's a problem.

It's slow enough to make the game STUPID, and that's a problem.

Yes because some resemblance to reality and not making the game a twitch shooter lowers the iq of the game correct ?

Or having things like coupled magazines be there for quicker reloads. Which is something that I've never really heard anyone (the realism or gameplay folks) complain about... the fact that the coupled mag for the M4 is essentially just two normal, but separate, USGI mags which somehow feed seamlessly as one big pool of ammunition.

That annoys the crap out of me but I always assumed it was merely a placeholder like most things in the game currently are because I don't believe anyone could purposely put something that dumb into any game.

Edited by gibonez

Yes because some resemblance to reality and not making the game a twitch shooter lowers the iq of the game correct ?

No, because moving your gun at the speed of a snail is stupid.

No, because moving your gun at the speed of a snail is stupid.

Even the slowest of the weapons in game probably the akm is still responsive enough.

In the words of Rihanna, "Where they at, where they at, where they at?"

tVoBoZX.jpg