Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

Log-in Timer changed to 200 seconds Max.

Hicks has said the Log-in timer has been changed to 200 seconds maximum. 

• Like 1

OK... I was wondering why I keep turning up half naked on a beach wearing somebody elses gear

(just joking.. joke ok..)

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

Hicks has said the Log-in timer has been changed to 200 seconds maximum. 

Damn it, Irish...I was gonna post it last night but fell asleep. :P

• Like 1

its 200 secs irrespective of how long you've been in another server. i was in a server for 2hrs 45 mins and changed servers still gave me 200 secs.

sort it out you keep wasting 200 secs of my life every few hours ! :)

I believe (based on my experience) that it's not how long you're IN a server, but how long you spend outside of a server. Doesn't make any sense to base the timer on how long you spend IN a server anyway.. Server jumping would still be an issue. 

Loot for 200+ seconds.

Jump server.

Repeat. 

Does that make sense to anyone? Why is everyone still surprised that it's based on how long you spend outside of a server? 

They need to stop dicking around and just make it one character per server.

That's alot of separate private hives, and loads of money just for a server jumping issue.

That's alot of separate private hives, and loads of money just for a server jumping issue.

No it would still be one public hive controller the item spawning and other system.

Each server would just save 1 additional parameter the players location so each server would therefore have a new character and they do not switch between servers.

Would be no different harder from what it is now.

I kind of like that idea actually. Lol. "Pick a server, and stay there." kind of mentality. :P 

No it would still be one public hive controller the item spawning and other system.

Each server would just save 1 additional parameter the players location so each server would therefore have a new character and they do not switch between servers.

Would be no different harder from what it is now.

Every server is hooked up into the "same" public hive, that public hive is the one holding all the data including the players location. Also, isn't there already sub-private hives from what I heard a couple months back? They could just make all unofficial servers sub-private hives. ^-^

Horrible idea. No loot respawns? No one character per server.

The idea that this game is at a stage to maintain decent gameplay while implementing something so restrictive is ridiculous. Go play breaking point, server hopping is literally a non issue. Why you ask? LOOT RESPAWN. Server stored loot is persistent for each specific server but your character can hop from one server to the next BUT no one does that because loot respawns making it a waste of time and too much effort.

Edited by vvidovvmaker

I kind of like that idea actually. Lol. "Pick a server, and stay there." kind of mentality. :P

It is really imo the best option it fixes soo many problems and the lack of a public character across all hives offers the game more options to grown and renders certain mechanics such as base building alot more viable.

We all can remember how annoying it was in the mod to spawn in only to be trapped into a building because some asshate put wire fencing outside the entrance. with a single character per server this is gone.

Every server is hooked up into the "same" public hive, that public hive is the one holding all the data including the players location. Also, isn't there already sub-private hives from what I heard a couple months back? They could just make all unofficial servers sub-private hives. ^-^

Was not aware of the sub private hives.

The idea that this game is at a stage to maintain decent gameplay while implementing something so restrictive is ridiculous. Go play breaking point, server hopping is literally a non issue. Why you ask? LOOT RESPAWN.

No server hopping is not an issue due to the huge timeout timer when switching servers.

Also what does loot respawning have to do with a single character on each server ?

Edited by gibonez

It is really imo the best option it fixes soo many problems and the lack of a public character across all hives offers the game more options to grown and renders certain mechanics such as base building alot more viable.

We all can remember how annoying it was in the mod to spawn in only to be trapped into a building because some asshate put wire fencing outside the entrance. with a single character per server this is gone.

Was not aware of the sub private hives.

Yea, they mentioned them a couple months back. They are indeed implemented too. I am just not aware of what server hoster does this thing.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

I'll agree there also. Would be super easy to do base building if only one character per server. 

Think about it. WoW does it. Toons are only available on servers they are created on. 

I say we push this option. It seems the way to go honestly. :P

They're working on loot respawns and if they can get the timing down, it would work out great. 

The idea that this game is at a stage to maintain decent gameplay while implementing something so restrictive is ridiculous. Go play breaking point, server hopping is literally a non issue. Why you ask? LOOT RESPAWN. Server stored loot is persistent for each specific server but your character can hop from one server to the next BUT no one does that because loot respawns making it a waste of time and too much effort.

This is basically what the mods had, nothing new, and probably what they will do in the end. Its essentially private hives, with central control.

Think about it. WoW does it. Toons are only available on servers they are created on. 

the difference is, that a single WoW sever supports thousands concurrent clients at the same time, and its really persistent (it doesnt go dark because the admin has found a different hobby or cant afford to continue hosting)

current setup of DayZ is more comparable to TF2 or Counterstrike servers than to typical MMO realms/shards

the difference is, that a single WoW sever supports thousands concurrent clients at the same time, and its really persistent (it doesnt go dark because the admin has found a different hobby or cant afford to continue hosting)

current setup of DayZ is more comparable to TF2 or Counterstrike servers than to typical MMO realms/shards

Yes. I see your point. While nobody said it would be easy, I do think it's the best way to go. Perhaps it leads to contracts for servers instead of "Joe Schmoe's DayZ Server, Join and get banned" crap. I'm not sure how well that will work out either, but this thread isn't about server contracts. :P 

And the difference is that TF2 And CS don't have loot at all, they have a set inventory of items and currency required to obtain those items. 

Anyway. I'd love to see "One Character per Server" rules in the future. 

I think the multiple interconnected servers/server hopping aspect of DayZ is one of its worse features personally and adds very little (positive) at all to the game.

But it's a bit late.  Here's hoping for some sort of private hives that are still some how tied to the central server, or a server option or something.

Edited by Bororm

They're working on loot respawns and if they can get the timing down, it would work out great. 

Lol. I am aware they are working on loot respawns. The fact that loot currently does not respawn makes the suggestion of one character per server a game breaking suggestion.