Sign in to follow this  
Bigal123

How are they making vehicles for the future of DayZ?

So I was wondering on how they are deciding to make vehicles for DayZ? I know that they are redoing them all over, but I am intrested on how?

Will they make the flying of a helicopter more realistic for example using your instruments and proper flight. (Almost like a simulator)

Or are they making it the basic controls as in regular Arma or DayZ Mod?

I know that they are trying to make things very, unique to try to get people to interact, for example one who finds a helicopter could not just know how to fly by basic controls, but by knowing how to use the instruments, and actually fly a helicopter.

They are doing this for sicknesses, they are trying to make many ways for one to get sick, so a person would have to be careful what you would do, or it would force you to interact with another player who knows alot about the medical system to treat your sickness.

Because using the wrong medical supplies for the wrong sickness could even be worse for you.

So basically, what do they plan on doing, I am very fascinated on this and would like to find out. I know it will be months before vehicles are even really mentioned but it would be interesting to know.

- Thanks

No one really ones, or at least the majority of us don't. Including me. But I thin kthat they are going to make them the exact way they always have....basic. So, anybody could fly them, albeit with practice.

It is just sad to think how long it takes to get helicopters in Dayz. What have we got in 5 months? Few new weapons, few buildings, some clothes and glitchier zombies. Daaamn the future of DayZ looks bright :(

• Like 1

It is just sad to think how long it takes to get helicopters in Dayz. What have we got in 5 months? Few new weapons, few buildings, some clothes and glitchier zombies. Daaamn the future of DayZ looks bright :(

i know right? =/

The idea is to make modular vehicle parts which are interchangeable and that is the extend of info given to us so far I believe. So they are not simply going add vehicles like they did in the mod from vanilla Arma II.

• Like 1

Okay, that would be cool though to be able to upgrade and work on cars. 

A cool feature would be able to shoot out through the windows, of course your aim would be decreased alot.

Or harder to aim at least.

I wonder if one could "weld" armor plates on those things.

*sidequestion - havent played the mod but..whouldent a working car make you the target Numero uno for the whole damm Server ?