CJoriginalsHD

I need help (Graphics Card)

Hey guys so I just bought DayZ standalone and I love it but I have a problem my computer has too run the game on Very low settings which is so annoying, I want to upgrade graphics cards but have no clue about them, here is my graphics card http://gyazo.com/467ef015ee6d8e2c81523ca6ca5c49b9

Hope you can help, I am from the UK btw if that makes a difference 

I got a AMD r9 280x. The game runs pretty smooth for me. Worth the invest. Can recommend.

How much can you spend on it? Its the first thing I need to know first.

The AMD APUs aren't that great for DayZ especially since it's a CPU hog. But, on-topic you can easily change your GPU, in fact all you would have to do is buy one and install it in your rig. Because that GPU your seeing is the one inside the APU itself. Remember DayZ is more CPU intensive than GPU.

Btw, i run a 2,94ghz processor. Intel, dual core. Stills works like a charm!

I got a AMD r9 280x. The game runs pretty smooth for me. Worth the invest. Can recommend.

+1 for the r9 series.

I just bought a 290x for 300 dollars at microcenter and this card rocks.

Finally running arma 3 with everything maxed and on ultra with a huge view distance still getting 60 fps.

+1 for the r9 series.

Finally running arma 3 with everything maxed and on ultra with a huge view distance still getting 60 fps.

;_; Really? Man, in Arma 3 I have mostly Ultra/Very High with 2x AA and half View distance and I get like 35-70 FPS. (Have a 780 Ti btw) I am saving up for the R9 295X2.

Depends on your CPU / Budget / Motherboard.

Mind elaborating your current specs?

Personally I use a GTX780Ti Black, but I feel I got robbed as its completely overkill for anything that I do.

I'd either suggest a r9 290x or GTX770.

If your budget is under 200$ , GTX760 2gb.

;_; Really? Man, in Arma 3 I have mostly Ultra/Very High with 2x AA and half View distance and I get like 35-70 FPS. (Have a 780 Ti btw) I am saving up for the R9 295X2.

I had a gtx 580 before I had everything on medium and low view distance.

on the 290x its 2x aa, 1440p, 60 fps, view distance at 11000 and object render at 7k all ultra.

Big thing is I oc my cpu to 4.6 ghz its a 2500k.

Whats your CPU? Monitor resolution / Size? Are you experiencing bottleneck? A 780Ti should be producing higher FPS then that.

60 pound- 100 dollars 

Well, while that isn't alot I could suggest a 260X?

I had a gtx 580 before I had everything on medium and low view distance.

on the 290x its 2x aa, 1440p, 60 fps, view distance at 11000 and object render at 7k all ultra.

Big thing is I oc my cpu to 4.6 ghz its a 2500k.

I don't have my CPU OC'ed.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

60 pound- 100 dollars 

Save up more money man, 100$ GPU's are barely any better than intergrated CPU graphics.

Whats your CPU? Monitor resolution / Size? Are you experiencing bottleneck? A 780Ti should be producing higher FPS then that.

Intel i7-4770K @ 3.5 GHz, two monitors (24" / 27") both at 1920x1080.

60 pound- 100 dollars

I can think only my old GPU, which was 560 for that price (im sure there is alot better ones for that price). Comes to my mind first. Did run DayZ SA on medium easily.

Just went from a HD6950 to a 760 GTX .. works pretty nice now. have a i5 2500 3.3ghz on 4.6ghz

but I still see the GPU on 100% where the CPU is only on 80%. Kind of a bummer.

If you cant afford a decent gpu, get some fast RAM instead, AMD apu's generally show much greater performance with 1866mhz or above. Make sure your MOBO can support it though.

I run the game on an overclocked 955BE and r9 270, so CPU wise I'm slightly faster too, however not by a huge amount.

I highly recommend the MSI Gaming r9 270, it's more than enough to drive DayZ at 1080p and it's the quietest card I've ever owned, slotting one into your current system would provide a big boost to DayZ's framerates however cities will still be kind of iffy, but then they are for everyone.

If for whatever reason you prefer Nvidia, loot at the 750TI.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

+1 for the r9 series.

Nice to hear. Love the r9 series myself. Now the bottleneck of my computer no longer lies within my graphics card atleast! ;-)

+1 for the r9 series.

290 for $300... 

ive read in the us the amd cards are going for silly money, even more than the nvida which is insane. in the uk we don't see this but even a 270 will cost you $250+ and the 760 $300+

If your from the UK dude go to this website.

scan.co.uk

I got my rig from there.

GTX 760 cost around £170. Great bang for buck card IMO.

Edit: Also if you SLI 2x GTX 760's they become more powerfull than a GTX TITAN !! for a fraction of the cost I might add.

Edited by Jeansie

290 for $300... 

ive read in the us the amd cards are going for silly money, even more than the nvida which is insane. in the uk we don't see this but even a 270 will cost you $250+ and the 760 $300+

Miners no longer seeing profit in their rigs.

It was cheaper than 300 actually it was 286 including taxes and shipping.

Covered to 2018 if I need to RMA it to. Gigabye has awesome warranties.

I get 90+ FPS with one 780 Ti in ARMA 3's campaign/scenarios on Ultra. I have SLI disabled for ARMA 3 because RV. Are those your FPS online?

Depends on your CPU / Budget / Motherboard.

Mind elaborating your current specs?

Personally I use a GTX780Ti Black, but I feel I got robbed as its completely overkill for anything that I do.

I'd either suggest a r9 290x or GTX770.

If your budget is under 200$ , GTX760 2gb.

lol

i would take my OC, 290x over your Ti any day

If your from the UK dude go to this website.

scan.co.uk

I got my rig from there.

GTX 760 cost around £170. Great bang for buck card IMO.

Edit: Also if you SLI 2x GTX 760's they become more powerfull than a GTX TITAN !! for a fraction of the cost I might add.

Barely more powerful*

Also, SLI/CF still have so many issues, it makes me regret not waiting for the GTX 790.

And gibonez, I'd have to see a receipt to believe that deal. ;3