mooky32

Imagine if we pulled this off for a couple of hours (er lol!).

this is great I want in I can be in the Military I am heavily armed. (m4 fnx fire ax cz 75) 

Edited by dannsair2

If anyone manages to penetrate Uranus then the military must respond and repel a deep entry.

Anyone else take this statement the wrong way? :lol: lol

• Like 1

Picture this, on a 40 man server we get 25-30 like minded people to hop on, organised through the boards.

remember we are talking 2 hours tops here

Lets make a full exploration of the potential of Uranus possible!

Awesome concept, OP. A few questions:

1. Do you think there would be a time limit or would it be an on-going type of thing? If it's timed to only a few hours, why not do it now? :)
  2. What server location are we talking here? US East? West? UK?

:thumbsup:

this would be a cool experiment

and if it works you could expand Uranus and fit more people in it

scouts/looters is a good idea too

So would this be regular or hardcore mode?

And we need looters/scouts indeed.

I'd like to be a looter ^^

Awesome concept, OP. A few questions:

1. Do you think there would be a time limit or would it be an on-going type of thing? If it's timed to only a few hours, why not do it now? :)
  2. What server location are we talking here? US East? West? UK?

:thumbsup:

Well in answer to your questions. I think to try and pull something like that off in an on-going way would be very difficult. It could be repeated as many times as people wanted but I would say each "experiment" would have a life span in hours not days!  This does not make it any less fun however. I think we need private hives to make this work but by the looks of it there seems a lot of people interested, so it no reason not to make this a reality.

In time zone terms - I am  Connor Macleod of the clan MacLeod, so lol yeah I am Scottish and operate a UK time zone (There in are more countries than England in the UK my American friends, lol!)

Multiple experiments could be done though, we just organise them through the forum and away we go.

Urani for the masses   U.S, Aussie, Kiwi, Canada, India, South Africa,  - er that sounds like I am starting a list of former British colonies! But you get the idea, all welcome!!!

Semi serious post by me (for a change).

Picture this, on a 40 man server we get 25-30 like minded people to hop on, organised through the boards.

We roll-up to Berezino and begin society again, ambitious but I think there is a way, read on.

So we code name our new town something unique, lets call it Uranus for the sake of argument. The whole of Berezino is way to ambitious a size of real estate, so we declare our new town around about the cross roads area with the pub, med centre, police station and flats as our city limits.

We then take up roles to get simulating a human fight-back.

My thoughts so far are we have set roles as such:

Military: At least 8 members of the group are allocated to town defence, taking out bandits and zombies as the threaten the town. These are the only townspeople to carry firearms (well except police , get to them later). They will have to be hand picked and will have a "general" who is voted in to decide on strategy and placement of counter-snipers etc. All other firearms will be stored in the police station under guard.

If anyone manages to penetrate Uranus then the military must respond and repel a deep entry.

Policeman: One allocated policeman who is allowed to carry a sidearm. He will take care of town disputes, random fist fights, stealing and abuse. He has the right to take someone to the police cells (away from the guns) and detain them for a sin bin number of minutes to be determined. He may also deal with zombie threats and back up the army in an emergency. Shades are a must and a magnum is preferred. Clint impressions are encouraged and their word is final on civilian matters!

Doctor:  All med supplies stockpiled in the med centre, all citizens attend the doctor for treatment as required. Plenty of medics who love that shit, so should be an easy role to fill.

Pub Landlord: All food and drink stockpiled in the pub for fair distribution under watch of the landlord. Stealing to be reported to the police! The pub will act as a social gathering spot for citizens and music can be played by a nominated DJ through direct chat for some background music. German techno is strictly forbidden.

Store Keeper: Dump of clothing and all non-military kit. Free distribution on a shared basis. Prob based in little shop opposite pub.

Citizens: The majority of players. Unarmed , chilling chatting , even nominating houses etc. This will be more interesting than it seems (remember we are talking 2 hours tops here). You will be exposed and relying on the military , you may get bored and steal and be detained but its all part of the gig. Citizens should be able to live in peace and this will be a new experience.

Entertainment: Boxing matches to be held outside the pub (quite accurate in the UK at least). All organised with side bets of food and goods allowed. 3 knock downs decides it and no fatalities or the police may have to take action.

So yeah the real pay off, for me in this social experiment would be as the society started to crumble, the army took casualties and the bandits get bolder. Suddenly 20 plus people trying to survive at all odds, with the inevitable storming of the police station to get guns and blow each other away. The fun would be to see how long this kind of normality could be held down for. It would take willing participants and a bit of organising but would make a good story and perhaps could be recorded for posterity.

I would vote myself in for Governor of Uranus ,with no real power but that of being a total spanker.

Lets make a full exploration of the potential of Uranus possible!

Thanks All

Mooky

I will be barman, armed only with a magnum, itching my cock and serving drinks, ready to blow any intruder away, or anyone that speaks out of turn!

I can supply us with a server, generally kinda empty so it's ought to be good enough and it's in Germany too! I'll get back to this topic on the IP etc to let you guys start to set up :3

Wish devs could fullfill their promise, that you can clean the town from zombies, and they wount respawn as long as people are in the town.

What would be also great, if such clean town could become target for some nasty zombie hordes, and survivors would have repel occasional zombie wave.

Oh....I got carried away for a moment O_o.

Btw I'd happily do scavenger, go out and bring back food and useful stuff.

edit: for maximal realism, I think folks should use only direct voice + we would need to get our hands on walkie talkies.

If that event was on private hive, I would vote for admins to spawn few walkies for governor and other leaderish types.

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 2

Wish devs could fullfill their promise, that you can clean the town from zombies, and they wount respawn as long as people are in the town.

What would be also great, if such clean town could become target for some nasty zombie hordes, and survivors would have repel occasional zombie wave.

Oh....I got carried away for a moment O_o.

Btw I'd happily do scavenger, go out and bring back food and useful stuff.

edit: for maximal realism, I think folks should use only direct voice + we would need to get our hands on walkie talkies.

If that event was on private hive, I would vote for admins to spawn few walkies for governor and other leaderish types.

Batteries, batteries everywhere would be needed. Though yeah, you can use different radio frequencies to talk to multiple channels if one person needs to contact the police or the army, can just contact either or c:

I will offer my services on the day, medical bodyguard and defender of bambi's :D

Batteries, batteries everywhere would be needed. Though yeah, you can use different radio frequencies to talk to multiple channels if one person needs to contact the police or the army, can just contact either or c:

Would be also great to have bigger military radio, some that would be placed on a table and you could not carry it away.

It would serve as a phone box for the public.

We would drop a paper with frequencies nearby, so that people could call police or army or medic :D.

Edited by Hombre

Would be also great to have bigger military radio, some that would be placed on a table and you could not carry it away.

It would serve as a phone box for the public.

We would drop a paper with frequencies nearby, so that people could call police or army or medic :D.

Just leave some notes around the place with the radio frequences written down in the town :3 the radios have a range of 1km and at 800m it gets pretty static-y but yeah quite viable to use.

my dream is a 50 man axe battle in elektro supermarket car park. call it king of the axe.

Sounds like a very cool idea, but I would wonder about the longevity without an antagonist capable of posing a threat, which the zeds wouldn't against an organised group of that many players. Private hive also seems the way to go to keep things orderly.

Why not go for two small towns, within close-ish proximity of each other, 20 peeps in each? And then add in real permadeath. As in if you die, you lose your spot in the community/on the server forever - or a set time - and then the next person on the list joins up.

I think the very final nature of death would stop it from becoming simply a team deathmatch between towns, and having a POTENTIAL threat at all times would probably keep things fresh, while still keeping to the spirit of your idea of restarting society.

• Like 1

Sounds like a very cool idea, but I would wonder about the longevity without an antagonist capable of posing a threat, which the zeds wouldn't against an organised group of that many players. Private hive also seems the way to go to keep things orderly.

Why not go for two small towns, within close-ish proximity of each other, 20 peeps in each? And then add in real permadeath. As in if you die, you lose your spot in the community/on the server forever - or a set time - and then the next person on the list joins up.

I think the very final nature of death would stop it from becoming simply a team deathmatch between towns, and having a POTENTIAL threat at all times would probably keep things fresh, while still keeping to the spirit of your idea of restarting society.

I like this idea, could always set-up plot outlines/starters for something to be stirred up and see how others would go for it. Example, a coup and the army takes over, civi's try to get out of town and make their own while the army controlled town becomes one where there's Martial law for instance etcetc.

I like this idea, could always set-up plot outlines/starters for something to be stirred up and see how others would go for it. Example, a coup and the army takes over, civi's try to get out of town and make their own while the army controlled town becomes one where there's Martial law for instance etcetc.

Yes! Loving it. It would be great if you could get a little more control over the servers to keep things in line, but as that's not really an option at the moment, I think just getting the right people involved would probably do.

I think it would be very interesting to see how the dynamic of two towns/groups would play out. On one hand I'm visualising a "Woodbury assaults the prison" style battle, but at the same time it could turn into a sort of partnership where you could have things like shooting competitions between the groups or "party at town A tonight" with much drinking an song.... though that could end rather poorly lol.

Keep me in mind if you do get things going on that front. Would like to be involved/help out, seems like it could be a really nice change of pace.

This sounds like a really fun idea but I think it would be played better on a game like the arma 2 dayz epoch mod or H1Z1 just because of the base building. It would still be cool to try on standalone but it would be harder. Just my opinion. :)

Yes! Loving it. It would be great if you could get a little more control over the servers to keep things in line, but as that's not really an option at the moment, I think just getting the right people involved would probably do.

I think it would be very interesting to see how the dynamic of two towns/groups would play out. On one hand I'm visualising a "Woodbury assaults the prison" style battle, but at the same time it could turn into a sort of partnership where you could have things like shooting competitions between the groups or "party at town A tonight" with much drinking an song.... though that could end rather poorly lol.

Keep me in mind if you do get things going on that front. Would like to be involved/help out, seems like it could be a really nice change of pace.

We'd just see how it goes along but it's great to see so many people interested in the idea! I'll consider what place(s) to utilize and move onward from there c:

I think Berezino is too big of a town to make this happen. 

Could be, though we'd just have to find somewhere large enough to still act as a town with everything but small enough to accomodate the people we want. So I think Berezino would be good for the mixture of scenery it has. 

This sounds like a really fun idea but I think it would be played better on a game like the arma 2 dayz epoch mod or H1Z1 just because of the base building. It would still be cool to try on standalone but it would be harder. Just my opinion. :)

I don't think we'd out-grow any decent-sized town really, while base building would be a good idea to customize the town, we have more than enough land here in Chernerus :3

Back to serious ok semi-serious!

We would need private hive as mentioned.

TS would be needed and it would be organised into

1. Army channel, shared with medic for tending wounds

2.Police Channel

3.Citizen main channel for day-to-day chatting and getting along.

Password distributed in the TS to allow some form of challenge. Sneakily changed shortly afterwards to deter bandit hop-on hop-off sneaks.

This separation would to some extent model how it really is , police and army having private channels as Citizens just need to get on with life and must assume the authorities will protect!

Shame walkie-talkies are not more common, be more appropriate to use those in game!

Edited by stryker007