Sign in to follow this  
Kenny Kyle

just a pic to inspire the devs.

A "Signature" place like this would be awesome ! I'd really like to see more unique locations in dayz, even if they do not spawn a lot of loot, but just to walk in and feel the melancholy of the thousands of lives the infection destroyed.

• Like 4

if you follow the traintracks you get to something similar like this on the end of the rail somewhere inthe middle of the map

i know. i think they can build a little town around it like this.

but the interesting think for me on this pic ist the gras. it shows the most that this is a lost place.

i think we need more gras around building that can reach the knees.

i have photoshop the colors a little more dayz like...

10271550_225945790933599_204347480569393

Edited by Kenny Kyle

I personally think the whole island should be more post apocalyptic. For example big towns etc wouldn't look all clean, they would have long grass, moss, wildlife throughout the streets and so on. Would just add a bit more immersion to the game.

1080-i-am-legend.jpg

• Like 1

i know. i think they can build a little town around it like this.

but the interesting think for me on this pic ist the gras. it shows the most that this is a lost place.

i think we need more gras around building that can reach the knees.

i have photoshop the colors a little more dayz like...

10271550_225945790933599_204347480569393

yeah it looks great nice color correction! yeah stuff should be alittle bit more overgrown (not last of us style doe) and be able to get on top and in the trains and there are barrels and tires and stuff as cover ontop of the train,

I personally think the whole island should be more post apocalyptic. For example big towns etc wouldn't look all clean, they would have long grass, moss, wildlife throughout the streets and so on. Would just add a bit more immersion to the game.

1080-i-am-legend.jpg

This reminds me of I am legend. Of course, it takes a good many years before a tree grows that big.

The changes to the look of Chernarus we can all agree on:

-Taller grass, even in cities

-barricades, overrun

-outposts should look dirtier

-bodies

-more bodies

basically signs that humanity's rule on this planet has ended. I think the Devs should watch the show "Life After Humans" for inspiration

The changes to the look of Chernarus we can all agree on:

-Taller grass, even in cities

-barricades, overrun

-outposts should look dirtier

-bodies

-more bodies

basically signs that humanity's rule on this planet has ended. I think the Devs should watch the show "Life After Humans" for inspiration

If the infection had reached the stage where grass had overgrown everything, you wouldn't really see that many corpses around.

Plus, arma's engine doesn't really allow for the super level of detail required to make a unique overgrown landscape like games like The Last of Us, Crysis or Far Cry do.

Plus, we can't really say humans are no longer the apex predator. Zombies are numerous, but we still have the technological edge. I know most people want most of the tech stuff out of the game, though.

Edited by Chaingunfighter