joohan

Inventory slots become randomly unusable

As the title says, I've been having an issue with inventory slots becoming randomly unusable. This happens with anything (clothing, backpacks, etc) with inventory slots in them and it happens randomly (even if the backpack or piece of clothing is pristine). For example if a jacket has four inventory slots, one or two of them suddenly become unusable (by unusable I mean you can't insert anything in them so that the slot just stays empty). Changing servers fixes this but after a while it starts to happen again, and again it happens completely by random. This has been happening for me for quite some time now, so it's not a bug in the latest patch either. Anyone else experiencing this?

I've had that happen, in my case it was a slot in my backpack that stopped working. Putting the backpack on the ground and picking it up again fixed it.

I had this going on with my inventory today and realized it was being filled with invisible cans of tuna. I didn't have, nor pick up any cans of tuna. If you click on the full slot you can drag it over to vicinity and drop the invisible tuna there.

Not sure if this is your issue but this was something I was seeing today when I was playing.

Edited by R.Neville

Looks like it carried over from experimental. What the hell am I supposed to do about this? Sometimes the inventory is completely full so I can't refresh it by dragging an item into a vacant slot. This is seriously annoying me when I'm looting bodies.

Do I have to take the whole clothing with me? Seriously?

DayZ:SA 

ALPHA

Core game code

Net code

Nespresso, what else

It was fine before they pushed experimental to stable, which was a bloody test inside a test to begin with.

You can't tell me that adding bugs like this is fine.

Edited by hotcakes

Looks like it carried over from experimental. It was fine before they pushed experimental to stable,

Nope, it happened to me on the previous stable.

Nope, it happened to me on the previous stable.

We're not talking about the same bug, then (or if we were then it's more severe now and always happens to me in .44). I'm assuming you're talking about the invisible slots with 0% food in them.

I was talking about a new ghost slot bug in exp where ALL of the slots in a piece of clothing fail to load. You can make them load by dragging one of your items to a vacant slot. When I'm looting victims and the clothing is 100% full it's effectively "dead loot" unless I take the whole article of clothing with me and try to refresh it by rejoining the server.

Edit: I've just tried to refresh clothing on my person that failed to load. DROPPING IT DOES NOT HELP.

And sometimes when mags/consumables load, they spawn completely empty. Why did the devs literally just push exp to stable?

Edited by hotcakes

What's the point of experimental if bugs like this still persist after it?

What's the point of experimental if bugs like this still persist after it?

Whats the point of any of these updates that further brake the game.  Every update has been two steps back.  This is the most ridiculous set if game patches ive ever seen in my life.