CongressmanAlexShrub

I have seen the light: Time to kill random strangers!

It just came to me..

To end this bizarre shoot-on-sight circus that this promising mod has become more people need to become psycho killers. But it will only make matters worse you say? I think not. More and more people will get frustrated and angry because deathmatch is not what a zombie survival game should be about. Eventually they will stop playing if nothing is done. I don't think the devs are willing to let that happen, because they have plans to earn money from this mod later on, hence they will be forced to fix the problem to keep the players from leaving.

Spread the word. Let the killing begin!

I will now go do my duty on the beaches of Chernarus.

It's not a "Problem". Pvp is a primary aspect of the game. The first post in this forum states to not get attached. The FAQ states that they'll never change it.

Any sort of apocalyptic situation will have people going crazy and killing each other. Ever seen Mad Max? Land of the Dead? Dawn of the Dead? The Road?

People breed jealousy. They will kill you for your stuff. No ifs, ands, or buts. They just will. Anonymity in the Internet just makes it worse.

Good idea, better stay at the Beaches where you can do your Duty.

Or come to the North and get your ass handed to you. But then we will get another forumthread i think. So ok, stay at the beach.

But right now it is mostly over the top. People will tend to band up. It is simply beneficial for themselves to band up. Because what if you get sick? You will have a guy looking after you.

It also prevent getting shot more. Because if they shoot you, 10 others will shoot him. Even though its still very shallow in this game, teaming is still beneficial. People are to trigger happy and paranoid.

This isn't Left 4 Dead.

This isn't survival co-op.

This isn't a death match.

This IS a sandbox, you play how you want. People need to stop trying to get others to play in a different way to how they want.

Be a killer.

Be part of a group.

Be a lone wolf.

Be a zombie hunter.

Be a white knight.

Do what the hell you like and stop complaining about other people's choices.

hence they will be forced to fix the problem

Implying that there is an actual "problem" to fix

Read the definition of "sandbox" again

It just came to me..

To end this bizarre shoot-on-sight circus that this promising mod has become more people need to become psycho killers. But it will only make matters worse you say? I think not. More and more people will get frustrated and angry because deathmatch is not what a zombie survival game should be about. Eventually they will stop playing if nothing is done. I don't think the devs are willing to let that happen' date=' because they have plans to earn money from this mod later on, hence they will be forced to fix the problem to keep the players from leaving.

Spread the word. Let the killing begin!

I will now go do my duty on the beaches of Chernarus.

[/quote']

So you are saying you are going to leave the game? Please do...

Where is this Deathmatch thing going on? I have yet to experience it. Been at it for about a month, but from reading the forums I suspect I might be playing a different game...

I have only been attacked three times, been killed twice.

I've only killed two people, one in self defence, one was a sort of accident.

I have seen guys fight over resources in cities through my binocs, but I just stayed away until it was safe.

I've been riding a bicycle across the map several times, along major roads, and noone ever bothered me.

My latest iteration have lived for a couple of weeks now, safe and sound. If anything, I'm a bit lonely.

Here's a tip: Stay out of Cherno, Electro and NWAF. Or go there, but sneak!

He wont get shot in the north cause he just hammers alt+f4... seems to me that he is not fast enough to do it all the time...

I think I'm at day 20 now.. But I feel it is time to make the long journey down from the north to do my duty as an tester of this game.

For great justice!

This isn't Left 4 Dead.

I'd say the game at this stage is indeed a death match.

I've actually tried to hammer Alt-F4 to escape... well, I was standing around... but yeah. Doesn't work for me.

This isn't Left 4 Dead.

"You are looking for love in all the wrong places..."

This IS a sandbox' date=' you play how you want. People need to stop trying to get others to play in a different way to how they want.

[/quote']

actually this isnt true to 100%. in fact rocket himself stated in a famous video interview on youtube (

) that PVP was not intended to be this much of a factor.

and guess what - its rockets' mod. and i think if he doesnt want you to play the mod like you do, he will insert rules that make you play the way he wants to. if he doesnt, ok, than everything should be fine.

but to get to the point: its NOT entirely sandbox since the game follows the mind of its creator. and only time will show how he wants us to play it. the current state of the game however IS sandbox. i agree with that.

I think people don't take into account, or refuse to believe, that this is common nature for a lot of people. Many men will kill someone for their possessions, and many will kill for fun. The sooner you realize this is a twisted world, and you can only trust those proven worthy, the less ppl will complain about pvp.

I support PVP, however, I really do think it needs to have some sort of built-in control mechanism. Someone shooting others to get their stuff is okay. Someone sitting up on a hill and just sniping any average joe to passes by 300 - 500 meters away with the sole intention on ruining someone's gaming experience and has no intention on even needing the gear off the bodies, is not okay. There are bandits, and there are trolls. Trolls need to go.

Also, is bandits even working in this mod? I constantly have to defend myself against "Shoot first"ers and if I kill them, it has counted as a murder so far 100% of the time.

Last night I shot two other players in the back without even looking in their backpacks afterwards. One in a backyard in Dolina and one inside the supermarket in Polana.

If either of you two read this: know that I did not take pleasure in your deaths, and I hope you take comfort in knowing that it was for the greater good.

For great justice!

This isn't Left 4 Dead.

My point is, this is a sandbox game.

DayZ is all of those things and none of those things.

There are players who choose to deathmatch around Cherno.

There are players who group up and survive.

There are players who go it alone.

There are players who like to take high powered sniper rifles and prey on those looking for loot.

The game is what you make it.

How are you supposed to team up, if you get killed on sight?

Yesterday i bandaged someone, because he was fleeing from and shooting zombies. He thanked me and wished me good luch. This was much cooler than getting shot in the face for no reason.