wayfindre@hotmail.com

1st Experience: NW Airfield

Shot & wounded from long range. Fire attracts Zeds to me. First hit knocks me unconscious. They eat me. I looted 2 of the hangars to find one AK-74 mag. The server had maybe 8 players on it. What a douchebag... Whats the point of sitting looking thru a scope for hours. I spent two hours just getting to the damn place.

Like I read on another thread...

High Population Server = Everyone's too afraid to go to the Airfield, thus it's safer.

Low Population Server = Everyone's ballsy about going to it, thus unsafe.

Day Z is high-risk, high-reward, but the kind of person who would sit there for hours isn't willing to repeat the process because someone got to their spot first.

He wasn't sitting there for hours, most likely sniper-hopping looking for something to shoot.. Happens everyone.

Till its sorted out all we can do is live or die with it..:(

I have played o a server with 5 persons on it. Went to the NW airfield and guess what? Shots being fired.

I played on a server with 8 guys during night. I went to the flats in Cherno near the hospital and guess what? I see someone with a scope aiming the the hospital roof.

When players see a low-populated server they immidiately connect and head for hospitals and other well supplied places.

PvP is part of the experience as survivors would squabble over supplies and eventually kill each other or work it out. This is a great aspect of the game. The Zeds and the whole surviving the apocalypse in a huge sandbox world is awesome. However, a server-hopping sniper, looking for a target? I dont think thats what was intended for this game. Where's the cost to being a griefer?

It is being looked into, last I heard. They're going to add some sort of detrimental effect to server hopping.

So' date=' advice is... don't sneak because I'm an easier target to PK'ers. Roger, kill on sight Zeds and move faster. Got it.

[/quote']

Something that might help is to figure out where the best sniping positions are before entering an area. Use map + binoculars if you have them. Then, before going for the loot, go have a look-see at those spots. Approach carefully, and if you see someone with a pasty face and a large rifle - shoot him gently on the small of his back.

As Chernarus is a magical place where humans pop in and out of existence, this does not really work as well as it should. But hopefully the DC/RC exploit will be fixed sooner rather than later and it is always a good idea to make a habit of scouting ahead.

I think that the higher your murder count is, the more damage a Zed does to you w/ a chance to Infect you. Once infected and after a period of time you die and become a Zed. :)

There could be a really rare serum to counter act this, like the helicopters.

Kinda breaks realism. Being a bad person won't affect the method a virus works in you.

Cancer happens to good and bad people.

I think that the higher your murder count is' date=' the more damage a Zed does to you w/ a chance to Infect you. Once infected and after a period of time you die and become a Zed. :)

There could be a really rare serum to counter act this, like the helicopters.

[/quote']

FFS, how do people not get this? The problem is not murdering people. That is ABSOLUTELY FINE. The problem is exploiting broken mechanics like server hopping to do it.

Shot & wounded from long range. Fire attracts Zeds to me. First hit knocks me unconscious. They eat me. I looted 2 of the hangars to find one AK-74 mag. The server had maybe 8 players on it. What a douchebag... Whats the point of sitting looking thru a scope for hours. I spent two hours just getting to the damn place.

NW AF is the hottest zone in game even @ 5 players in server. Also lets say you succesfully sneaked in, theres always a possibility of some server hopper join the game, spawn next to you and kill you. Not so smart to go there unless you have a squad. Or at least a fellow sniper watching your surroundings.

FFS' date=' how do people not get this? The problem is not murdering people. That is ABSOLUTELY FINE. The problem is exploiting broken mechanics like server hopping to do it.

[/quote']

Exactly.

15 sec freeze on log out and 15 sec freeze on log in would solve the problem. No more magic teleportation, no more ridiculous cheating. If you engage someone, you'll have to see it through.

It is being looked into' date=' last I heard. They're going to add some sort of detrimental effect to server hopping.

[/quote']

When this happens the heavens are going to open up and all the griefers tears will be so so sweet... :P

Then the mod can get back on track.

Kinda breaks realism. Being a bad person won't affect the method a virus works in you.

Bad argument. Is it realistic for everyone to be able to snipe from 1000+ meters? Nope. VERRY few people in the WORLD have that skill. I'm pretty sure the jackass sitting behind his computer thinkin he is cool for getting a lucky drop cant make that shot irl. Oh and PLEASE come back with "this isnt real life". That would be hilarious.

I'm torn on the issue though. On one hand if you need supplies and you see an easy target then of course you are going to kill them. On the flip side of that to many people do it just to be fucking assholes and have no intention of looting thier kill. I wish there was a way to perma ban thoes douchebags. I'm not smart enough to figure it out though. And dont give me the "well there would be douchebags like that irl to". Yea, there would. But we dont respawn and the ammo doesnt respawn irl either. Fact is they ruin the experience. I say that because its a rampant problem right now. And without a deterent, not just against server hopping but against sport hunting the more popular it gets the worse it will get untill players that want to play the mod for what it was designed for will simply stop playing.

If you want to call me a carebear fine. It really doesnt bother me. Its a game and I dont need to be an asshole to feel good about myself. But I think if everyone was honest with themself, unless you are one of the assholes, you will agree its a problem.

My 1st time was good busy server lots of shooting and lots of gear, its more fun to join bisy servers makes it more of a thrill to be sneaky and feels worth the time

Bad argument. Is it realistic for everyone to be able to snipe from 1000+ meters? Nope. VERRY few people in the WORLD have that skill. I'm pretty sure the jackass sitting behind his computer thinkin he is cool for getting a lucky drop cant make that shot irl. Oh and PLEASE come back with "this isnt real life". That would be hilarious.

I'm torn on the issue though. On one hand if you need supplies and you see an easy target then of course you are going to kill them. On the flip side of that to many people do it just to be fucking assholes and have no intention of looting thier kill. I wish there was a way to perma ban thoes douchebags. I'm not smart enough to figure it out though. And dont give me the "well there would be douchebags like that irl to". Yea' date=' there would. But we dont respawn and the ammo doesnt respawn irl either. Fact is they ruin the experience. I say that because its a rampant problem right now. And without a deterent, not just against server hopping but against sport hunting the more popular it gets the worse it will get untill players that want to play the mod for what it was designed for will simply stop playing.

If you want to call me a carebear fine. It really doesnt bother me. Its a game and I dont need to be an asshole to feel good about myself. But I think if everyone was honest with themself, unless you are one of the assholes, you will agree its a problem.

[/quote']

If someone attacks you just to be an asshole you can fight back, or bravely run away. When they fix the DC issue, that is.

What ruins the experience in my opinion, is that someone can teleport right next to you if you run or disappear if you fight back. It is silly-gamey, it breaks the immersion.

I think the real trick would be to tell the difference between people with the intention of griefing, and others who kill out of self defense or paranoia.

Is there a way for the game to tell that you killed a group of bandits, and didn't murder someone innocent?

I like the pvp aspect but i do think there should be an option to set your server on or off with it

So if I'm hungry I just can't kill you for your food?