Sign in to follow this  
Tigermonk

Dayz Crashes when I access the server selection section/join game

hello, I have a question.. ever since the last update. my dayz tends to crash when I switch from main menu to the server select list etc. the list doesnt load and dayz stops responding.
before this patch everything worked just fine.. so the patch is either the cause of the problem or something else related to the game.

what i've done so far: Rebooted my pc, then tryed again.. game crashed again..
re-installed dayz on steam/restart steam tryed to join.. same result
verified my  game files after re-installation. still crashes when I switch from main menu screen to server select menu OR just press 'play'

so im kinda out of options.. anyone have any idea?

greetz,

Tigermonk

My game did this when my firewall/antivirus blocked DayZ. Try letting BattlEye/Steam/DayZ etc through (or just temporarily disable) and see if anything changes.

Also, run Steam as administrator.

Edited by Terrorviktor

My game did this when my firewall/antivirus blocked DayZ. Try letting BattlEye/Steam/DayZ etc through (or just temporarily disable) and see if anything changes.

Also, run Steam as administrator.

already did that.. running everything as administrator.. I note again: BEFORE the update my dayz worked just fine.. its already 'allowed' in my firewall so is steam.. so thats not the case.. there's something about this 'update' that messes things up.. since re-installing doesnt help.. and my ENTIRE system crashes *never happend before* and im UNABLE to 'close' dayz via task manager/force shutdown..

the game starts up fine.. I can click options etc. in the main menu.. but the moment I click on 'play' or change server.. no servers are shown.. nothing happens.. and when I try to switch tabs (remote control to favorites.. or from serverlist to favorites etc. it just freezes up, I go to task manager and I get the ingame cursor and about half my system just freezes, the game won't totally close.. the dayz program remains 'locked' in my start bar.. and is not closing.. the only way to force quit is to reboot my entire system.

so thats not the problem either.. thanks for commenting anyway ;)

Edited by Tigermonk

Just so you know the server list is managed by Steam using an overlay. Time to look at Steam and 32bit overlays may help.

Just so you know the server list is managed by Steam using an overlay. Time to look at Steam and 32bit overlays may help.

I think you miss read my post... my computer CRASHES when I access the 'join game' etc. outside the main menu... BEFORE this patch everything worked FINE I seem to be (once again) the only member in our community who has this particular problem.. some have connection issues being kicked of games with 10/15 ping average

but if this is a steam problem.. JohnDMarshall please explain how to put 32 bit overlays in steam.. in plain simple english please ;)

Having similar problem with the server page since the last patch, only works for some seconds some times (here is my post: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/188107-server-page-ingame-slow-not-reacting/#entry1937028

Edit: I added exceptions to my anti virus, now it works just fine again! This has to be the solution, since my other laptop with another anit virus doesnt have the same problem.

Edited by altrico