Sign in to follow this  
Mr Muggles

AI players for the pk's to feast on

They could spawn just like zombies and keep the keyboard warriors entertained and maybe, maybe these gaming trolls will leave me and other CIVILISED people alone.

I really like the game and started playing it after watching youtube videos. I didn't however realise that 90% of the gamers will shoot you on sight they are so bored and have all they need.

I think the main reason there is pk'ing is because everyone is bored, if there was other stuff to do apart from just looting, killing zeds & Players then the pk'ing would go down.

Hahaha... but they're no challenge, don't drop as much loot and there's no person having a bad evening in RL so no satisfaction.

Just accept that it's a hard-core PvP game with a zombie skin and move on. Keep an eye on the patches or come back and check later.

I think the main reason there is pk'ing is because everyone is bored' date=' if there was other stuff to do apart from just looting, killing zeds & Players then the pk'ing would go down.

[/quote']

That's not really an excuse though is it really, they're are being spitefull bastards on purpose and if they are bored they should play something else and as I say, leave the rest of us to enjoy the game.

The number of people playing the game will go up if the PK situation is sorted out. It will go down if it isn't imo

Hahaha... but they're no challenge' date=' don't drop as much loot and there's no person having a bad evening in RL so no satisfaction.

Just accept that it's a hard-core PvP game with a zombie skin and move on. Keep an eye on the patches or come back and check later.

[/quote']

Is it a hardcore PvP game? Or is it maybe that the PvP community have made it that way.

Allow this game some time.

I'm pretty sure devs are aware of this and as rocket himself said it was not intended to be that much pvp as it is, they probably have already thought a lot about how to un-bore the PKs who destroy the experience of those who just start.

I'm with you OP, but consider there have to be new mechanics to handle this, and balancing these mechanics may take even more time.

This game is essentially what players make of it. Early on it seemed that most people on servers I played on would co-operate and there were a few prominent dickbags who would kill everything on sight. More recently thanks to decline in in-game text comms (at least in the vet servers I play in) it seems that the atmosphere of paranoia has ramped up to a degree that most people shoot on sight. I try to avoid doing this. But then I'm an empathetic guy who doesn't like to cause a bad night for a guy who's just trying to play the game like me. Bandit killing however does make me happy.

Ultimately though Rocket has stated that this is an anti-game. In that I think we can be fairly confident that the player-base will decide how cooperative or adversarial that game is, based on the tools that Rocket provides.

The mechanics are hard-core PvP (FFA, no mechanical consequences, full loot, perma-death). Player behaviour will generally flow from the mechanics the game presents. Even if there wasn't a large player community who adores a game willing to support those mechanics (few commercial games will).

dont know why this should be boredom.

seriously, ever get shot by someone with a makarov because you had a m16 or a enfield? seriously, idk what you're thinking. paranoia and not to trust people is just the way the game is. if i think someone is a threat to me, i'll shoot. if iam with my group and we meet some new chars with like a pistol and a patrol bag, we let em go. if they are dickheads trying to loot or shoot us, we're gonna kill them.

just try to find someone you can play from time to time. soloplay isnt thaat much intended here. when i spot groups, i mostly avoid them, cuz i dont want to get shot. never experienced these kind of people running around with automatic weapons shooting everything that moves.

these whiner threads are just like "omg i got no chance cuz he did see me first omg nerfplx kthx"

I have yet to see a game where the AI can match the reactions of a Human controlled player. So adding more AI players will not solve anything.

Yeah Im sure people shoot at you beacuse of the way you look and not because youre a human player.

This will work.

maybe we just make them immobile, so all those bandits would be stationary just shooting at AI-targets who dont move....

If there were AI-players added they would have to behave like survivors, thus shooting other survivors frequently. So you see this idea doesnt work like you imagine it.

I'd love to see some AI controlled humans, but not other players used as "sacrificial lambs" for the trigger happy... I don't think we need bots, the game is too focused on that deathmatch aspect already anyway.

Better NPCs:

* Children hidden away that you could try to rescue and get to safety

* People doing a last stand with a club or whatever was at hand just when you arrive

* Persons yet human but obviously infected

* etc

Basically NPCs that make you feel more involved and make you think, not just target practice.

They could spawn just like zombies and keep the keyboard warriors entertained and maybe' date=' maybe these gaming trolls will leave me and other CIVILISED people alone.

I really like the game and started playing it after watching youtube videos. I didn't however realise that 90% of the gamers will shoot you on sight they are so bored and have all they need.

[/quote']

Next thing you'll ask for zombies leaving you alone as well for being a "good guy".

Also I love them delicious carebear tears.

How about NPC's that actually do something useful? Trade 2 drinks for a can of food? Two cans of food for a canteen? Just set trade recipies since making them actually barter would be too hard I think.

They could spawn just like zombies and keep the keyboard warriors entertained and maybe' date=' maybe these gaming trolls will leave me and other CIVILISED people alone. [/quote']

MZNHT.png

I'd love to see some AI controlled humans' date=' but not other players used as "sacrificial lambs" for the trigger happy... I don't think we need bots, the game is too focused on that deathmatch aspect already anyway.

Better NPCs:

* People doing a last stand with a club or whatever was at hand just when you arrive

* etc

Basically NPCs that make you feel more involved and make you think, not just target practice.

[/quote']

Won't work. The dickheads shooting weaponless noobs in Cherno don't want to shoot AI characters, they want to ruin someone's day.

Better NPCs:

* etc

I would love that.