sobieski12

Bugged audio.

I am just curious, what is the status for this particular subject. Because I've seen no updates regarding it. 

The problem has been in the game every since DayZ SA was released back in December. 

Random noises.

* Zombies growls, but is not in your surrounding area.

* Players combining of ammo, but is not in your surrounding area.

* The snap from soda cans being opened by players, but is not in your surrounding area.

* Hearing players eat food,  but is not in your surrounding area.

Are these issues being worked on? 

-----------

Back in the mod, the audio worked perfectly. If I ever hear a soda can pop or someone eating, I knew for sure that someone is extremely close to me. But it seems in the standalone I can't tell if someone is next to me or not due all the bugged audio.

• Like 4

I hope this gets fixed aswell.

It seems to be on servers that are basically full

You might have a point there, atm on the experimental server. 

* Seems to be packed 50/50 24/7

Back in the mod, the audio worked perfectly. If I ever hear a soda can pop or someone eating, I knew for sure that someone is extremely close to me. But it seems in the standalone I can't tell if someone is next to me or not due all the bugged audio.

Back in the mod we had random gate creaking, church bells, weird 'slam-boing' sounds and a host of other stuff.

I even made a suggestion about it, nearly two years ago now.

• Like 1

These sounds are the most detrimental bug in the game at the moment, when you think about it.

Dayz is a game focused on making the experience as immersive as possible with little to no HUD, however these random sounds are played sometimes constantly and repeatedly in every game session, not only being annoying, but providing massive amounts of false evidence, being it soda cans being opened or rounds being moved around or zombies sounds.

Now when you are so focused on making a game with no HUD there are not many ways left to provide the player with information about their environment, basically sounds. 

And at the moment, these "fake" sounds are playing so often, that basically ive stopped caring, ive stopped wondering if its an actual player or zombie, effectively making me disregard sounds completely.

I can not stress the fact enough that this is broken, its a massive part of game play deciphering the sounds we are presented with and what its doing is nullifying any chance you have of getting accurate intel from sounds.

The only thing i can compare it too is if your screen was greyed out permanently or none of the status messages showing or non stop bleeding, its blatantly presenting misinformation to the player at an alarming rate, "and while i have been typing this Max Planck responded to this thread that these sounds are intentional??? for what? cheap thrills?"* if these sounds are supposed to scare me, dont spam them every god damn second, i literally hear 20 sodas being popped running through any given smaller city, all duds.

Please explain to me why this is in the game.

*misunderstood some information, Max has corrected me. Stopping mid-rant is hard ;)

Edited by Frozenjaws

Back in the mod we had random gate creaking, church bells, weird 'slam-boing' sounds and a host of other stuff.

I even made a suggestion about it, nearly two years ago now.

I always thought that a person passed near a church, it would set off the church bells.

* DayZ myth maybe.

while i have been typing this Max Planck responded to this thread that these sounds are intentional??? for what? cheap thrills? if these sounds are supposed to scare me, dont spam them every god damn second, i literally hear 20 sodas being popped running through any given smaller city, all duds.

Please explain to me why this is in the game.

I think you need to read my post again.

The random soda can pops and zombie groans are a bug, the gate creaking a church bells are part of the ambient sounds.

The random soda can pops and zombie groans are a bug, the gate creaking a church bells are part of the ambient sounds.

Ahh right, i see. :) 

Sorry when ranting its hard to stop and think. hehe

• Like 1

So can the ambient sounds be player activated btw? 

So can the ambient sounds be player activated btw? 

No, sadly. I wish they could (hence the suggestion thread).

I feel your pain.

When sniping i constantly check my left and ride sides as i keep hearing people eating etc.

In my opinion in terms of actual atmosphere it could do with a fix.

I feel your pain.

When sniping i constantly check my left and ride sides as i keep hearing people eating etc.

In my opinion in terms of actual atmosphere it could do with a fix.

Whats worse when someone is actually eating near you, and you think its just a bug... lol

I'd thought this too. I noticed it would only ever happen when I needed to be listening for people, say killing on populated servers. It's a pain in the arse.

Another bad one is footsteps. Sometimes you hear them loud and clear, sometimes you don't. I was playing last night sitting in a building trying to find who was shooting in Berezino, half expecting to hear footsteps of anyone inside the same building as me.

Then I hear my fiancé "oh is that you in the same building as me?"

"WTF!!!" As I turn around and she is suddenly standing 5 feet behind me.

I even ran back through the building and stairs... Wasn't the carpeted floors, but wooden. I made plenty of noise as I walked through.

Good way to get the shit scared out of you. At least it wasn't someone trying to kill me

While we're on the subject;

When your friend hears gunshots, but you don't (or the other way around).

I don't mind random zed noises etc. But life threatening noises not getting played is something that shouldn't happen. Especially in a survival game.

We later found out these shots were actually getting fired at us, so we ran.

While we're on the subject;

When your friend hears gunshots, but you don't (or the other way around).

I don't mind random zed noises etc. But life threatening noises not getting played is something that shouldn't happen. Especially in a survival game.

We later found out these shots were actually getting fired at us, so we ran.

I've never noticed the gunshots being bugged. 

The only thing that concerns me is if the audio from the gunshots is working correctly in trying to identify in which direction it came from.

Edited by Sobieski12

I have more hours than I ought to in SA, and those bugged ambient sounds dont even register anymore. There was a time when I would hear soda cans popping, and I would hunker down for a loooong time waiting to see someone move around... then I realized them for what they were, and all was good.

By the way, those bugged sounds are not the full sound of a can being opened, nor of food being eaten or ammo being split/combined... they are just little snippets of the actual sound file. Once you learn to tune out those little snippets of sound, you really won't even notice them. They are just background noise, like the chain link fence rattling, or the oil drum getting thumped.

• Like 1

I believe these noises slowly start driving me insane while I am playing experimental. What a STRANGE bug  that I could have only expected from Day Z. 

I honestly think they could lock up prisoners of war and use these noises as an interrogation tactic. 

"RA RA DAH BLEHH BLEHH DA *TSSST* DAH RA BLEH BLEH Oii Oiii *TSSST*"

Edited by SniperwolfMR

I've never noticed the gunshots being bugged. 

The only thing that concerns me is if the audio from the gunshots is working correctly in trying to identify in which direction it came from.

Noticed it on multiple occasions, I often play with a group of friends, and more often then not even though we are in the same vicinity some of us would hear the gunshots while others don't, this seems pretty random and doesn't seem affiliated with our audio setup (5.1, 2.1,7.1 headsets/boxes etc...) it's most unpleasant.

Especially when it's already difficult to pinpoint the location from where these shots come from.

Edited by DedicateDdos

Another one im curious about is randomly a certain players mic is "broadcasted" throughout the entire server. It actually once got some bandits completely OWNED because one of them could be heard holding ul fresh slawns.