usedpasta_

Why I don't like DayZ

People are absolute assholes. The worst kind of people are the ones who call you names like "Faggot" after they kill you, and just stand over your body insulting you in different ways.

I was playing with two others the other day, and one of them got killed. Afterwards, the dude stood on his body calling him a fag etc. My other friend and I proceeded to take out the group, and waited for my dead friend to come back. As we were sorting gear, another fresh spawn finds us and tells us not to kill him. As he is saying that, his voice is recognized instantly as the one who was insulting like crazy after he got a kill. Needless to say, he got a shot to the face without a word said.

• Like 1

This is why I'm glad that shooting people can damage the gear in their backpack. It makes killing on sight less of an option without a head/lower body shot.

. It makes me really sad when I see this stuff happening because the game has so much potential and it is ruined by those people, and I don't think it will ever stop. I giving up hope on DayZ. That is all

It ruins your fun but kos is fun for the grand majority of people.

KOS is a permanent part of the game that will never be gone, people just find fun in ruining other peoples fun.

This game is all about the griefing, why else would they introduce perma death what else does it serve besides feeling totally screwed over when you die?

I kind of like it, it's what makes DayZ what it is, but at the same time they are definately catering to a small group of gamers, dayz will wear out faster than most other games for the majority of people.

Ok first thing, its not the game I don't like I love the idea of DayZ and i'm not a new DayZ player I had the mod for almost a year and got the standalone as soon as it came out. But the thing I hate about DayZ is the people that play it. The people that just shot first and don't ever talk to anyone, the people that think its a deathmatch, the people that camp on a hill shooting at a fresh spawns. Now i'm not saying that everyone is like this but lets be honest most people that are geared are like this. It makes me really sad when I see this stuff happening because the game has so much potential and it is ruined by those people, and I don't think it will ever stop. I giving up hope on DayZ. That is all

There a literally 100 reasons to hate dayz. KOS is not one of them. 

I'm hoping private servers can counter the terrible community. If the servers in the mod are any indication, then if the morons can spawn with an m4 and gas mask they will join those servers, while players like us will hopefully find a decent mature only server. At the very worst I will host my own private server and just play it single player.

couldn't agree more. I often hear arguments that the devs should limit/restrict what private servers are able to do and I think that is really the LEAST productive possible avenue for all involved. trying to ram your vision down people's throats simply wont work and you'll either have to over-complicate every tiney thing thus driving away 75% of the players. or just let people playing for the servers provide what their players WANT to play.

For those of you who want a more cooperative or less "griefy" experience there will be servers, and for those who want to PvP there will be servers. and for those who want to run in huge clans things that work similar to epoch will be appealing (economy, fortification, ability to aquire MANY vehicles, etc. all pander to large group play). does it divide the community? absolutely- and that's fine. let people play their own way instead of forcing people who hate playing with each other to exits in one narrow vision of what the game can be.

I often hear arguments that the devs should limit/restrict what private servers are able to do

I have read people arguing that as well, most of them seem to think gear collected on a private server means gear they can use on another private server or the public hive.

op, learn to avoid dying, it is the game, dotn expect other to ebe friendly or help you, everyones trying to stay alive in the server, and they dotn want to lose their character. they dont need to help players they dont know, soem will, but dont expect it. even friendly players will shoot you if the situation isnt correct

One is a survival tactic, the other is CoD kids not understanding the purpose of the game they're playing.

And here I thought that only and sole purpose of the game is to HAVE FUN.

edit: Many folks KOS because of the thrill of manhunt and have zero thoughts about how their victim feels. Ofc you have lots of douches, that love to yell crap over voice and "tea bag" their victims, but surely it's not every KOS'er.

When I meet armed player next to military area, I usually try to kill him. I learned this lesson the hard way, trying to befriend people next to the barracks is rather dumb and suicidal idea.

Edited by Hombre