Sign in to follow this  
pale1776

Humanity 2.0

Okay, so I have experience as a true bandit, a hero, and a koser. Ill admit, each style has its own perks and fun, but I prefer hero (dat badass skin tho)

Kos is necessary at times, but to be honest the amount is sheerly rediculous. And I know alot do it because its alpha and theres nothin to do, but were setting bad habits.

Hopefully a certain console game that was released will reclaim.the codkiddies that came in when DayZ gained publicity.

But I think there should be humanity. Not the instant skin change, even thought I love that hero skin. But something akin to mental trauma and anguish. As yoy become a killer, your character hears things, maybe voices or screams of pain (seperate from any noise made by a nearby character to avoid screwups And confusion but add depth) and every now and then, say when you turn a corner, you see a dark human shape shadow move out of view. Maybe panicked breathing. It gets worse the more you kill. If you lay off killing, then it slowly disapoears.

BUT this is where the pshyco playstuyle comes in to effect. As you keep killing, your pushed to a mental breaking ooint. You no.longer have the visions, no longer hear the screams of the dying. You now have no.remorse, no guilt. But you are anxious for the next kill, so you become fidgety. This is viewable by you and other olayers, but is cosmetic. The fidgety motions wont affect accuracy.

Any comments, questions, concerns? This is a rough draft, and Id like yalls input and see what yall think. Take care.

• Like 3

This actually sounds like a great idea, I like the idea of not making the game harder, but just more immersive. I also like how the psycho theory works as you would actually enjoy killing and would no longer feel the other things.

Okay, so I have experience as a true bandit, a hero, and a koser. Ill admit, each style has its own perks and fun, but I prefer hero (dat badass skin tho)

Kos is necessary at times, but to be honest the amount is sheerly rediculous. And I know alot do it because its alpha and theres nothin to do, but were setting bad habits.

Hopefully a certain console game that was released will reclaim.the codkiddies that came in when DayZ gained publicity.

But I think there should be humanity. Not the instant skin change, even thought I love that hero skin. But something akin to mental trauma and anguish. As yoy become a killer, your character hears things, maybe voices or screams of pain (seperate from any noise made by a nearby character to avoid screwups And confusion but add depth) and every now and then, say when you turn a corner, you see a dark human shape shadow move out of view. Maybe panicked breathing. It gets worse the more you kill. If you lay off killing, then it slowly disapoears.

BUT this is where the pshyco playstuyle comes in to effect. As you keep killing, your pushed to a mental breaking ooint. You no.longer have the visions, no longer hear the screams of the dying. You now have no.remorse, no guilt. But you are anxious for the next kill, so you become fidgety. This is viewable by you and other olayers, but is cosmetic. The fidgety motions wont affect accuracy.

Any comments, questions, concerns? This is a rough draft, and Id like yalls input and see what yall think. Take care.

I have already suggested a similar thing. Add morale along hunger, thirst, and health.

Although your idea is awesome, the answer from devs and others will be, "the gameplay is controlled by players, devs will have no input". If you choose to be koser you have freedom. The only way to remove camping kosers is reduce everything. Players need to busy thelselves looking for food and weapons, not just go to the airfield and police station and obtain everything in matter of minutes.

Players need to busy thelselves looking for food and weapons, not just go to the airfield and police station and obtain everything in matter of minutes.

Increasing the rarity of loot won't do anything to decrease KoS and could possibly increase it.

Increasing the rarity of loot won't do anything to decrease KoS and could possibly increase it.

If you had 3 bullets and needed to find food asap, would you camp on a hill and waste those 3 bullets on fresh spawn who has nothing but a flashlight, or would you look for food?

• Like 2

If you had 3 bullets and needed to find food asap, would you camp on a hill and waste those 3 bullets on fresh spawn who has nothing but a flashlight, or would you look for food?

I would pull out my fists and KO anybody that had loot I wanted (even a fresh spawn). Then I would shoot them in the face with one of my bullets to make sure they didn't get up and attack me. Then I would hide the body.

Scarcity of resources does not promote player interaction nor decrease KoS. It simple makes the resources more valuable.

I would pull out my fists and KO anybody that had loot I wanted (even a fresh spawn). Then I would shoot them in the face with one of my bullets to make sure they didn't get up and attack me. Then I would hide the body.

Scarcity of resources does not promote player interaction nor decrease KoS. It simple makes the resources more valuable.

And while you are looking to kos someone, and not looking for food in a town "hopefully" populated by hordes of zombies, you would starve to death. Besides what makes you think you will come out on top and not end up starting on the beach minus the gun and three bullets.

And while you are looking to kos someone, and not looking for food in a town "hopefully" populated by hordes of zombies, you would starve to death. Besides what makes you think you will come out on top and not end up starting on the beach minus the gun and three bullets.

People don't actively search for people to KoS while ignoring the need to gear up. I don't care if I end up on the beach when I am not fully geared. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. The rarer my gear becomes the more likely I am to protect it (i.e. KoS). What the game needs is more "dilemmas". Players should have to make choices based on the resources they have to influence their gameplay in a positive or negative manner.

Example (resource scarity): Would a player KoS someone that has better gear than them even if their resources are limited? Of course. Fresh spawns have the most limited resources and this doesn't stop them from attacked geared players.

Example (dilemma): Would a player kill another player if they could also capture that player alive, lead him around on a chain and use him as "bait" when trying to loot a rare resource in a dangerous location? Probably but it does give players another reason to keep their enemies alive.

In my opinion, the best way to reduce KoS is to give incentives for teamplay and player interaction.

Best version of this idea yet!

But I don't think would ever make it into DayZ.

IMO DayZ is all about absolute freedom to do whatever you want without any consequences. 

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

People don't actively search for people to KoS while ignoring the need to gear up. I don't care if I end up on the beach when I am not fully geared. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. The rarer my gear becomes the more likely I am to protect it (i.e. KoS). What the game needs is more "dilemmas". Players should have to make choices based on the resources they have to influence their gameplay in a positive or negative manner.

Example (resource scarity): Would a player KoS someone that has better gear than them even if their resources are limited? Of course. Fresh spawns have the most limited resources and this doesn't stop them from attacked geared players.

Example (dilemma): Would a player kill another player if they could also capture that player alive, lead him around on a chain and use him as "bait" when trying to loot a rare resource in a dangerous location? Probably but it does give players another reason to keep their enemies alive.

In my opinion, the best way to reduce KoS is to give incentives for teamplay and player interaction.

Ok we are talking different kos, im thinking of camping bandits that like to come back to coast to kill fresh spawn for no reason except fun. You are more likely talking about coming across another player randomly. I personally dont mind those kosers, they add realism to game, and i dont mind dying that way, as i can only blame myself for not being careful. Besides they are doing the same as you, looking for that rare food, and in real life people will kill you for survival.

Ok we are talking different kos, im thinking of camping bandits that like to come back to coast to kill fresh spawn for no reason except fun. You are more likely talking about coming across another player randomly. I personally dont mind those kosers, they add realism to game, and i dont mind dying that way, as i can only blame myself for not being careful. Besides they are doing the same as you, looking for that rare food, and in real life people will kill you for survival.

Thanks man, glad you.like it. But the devs need to drop the whole entirely player driven thing. Rocket even said the game isnt what he wanted it to be, just common douchebaggery when he wanted players to simulate the apocolypse.

Without a deterrent of SOME sort, this is just codzombies where little kids are cool because they pretend to.rape you before killing you.

Yeah, kosers are necessary. I ran into guys, theyd fire and sayrun instead of just shooting. Then theyd hunt me down, because they knew HOW to kos. Not "lul I camp staircases just like cod #pro" but actual kosers who.made it fun to die.

Oh, guys look up Call of Cthulu Xbox on youtube. It had the coolest humanity/sanity thing. Buuut, I know it wont work. Imagine all the threads "I camped da starecase in baloter like a mlg 360 noscope pro For 3 ours Den killd mah selfie"

How about not every time you spawn(not each char) have this thing? Maybe someone as cold as the occasional gusts of wind kissing your back....and they think that's other ppl just mass of cells / meat???

Not the instant skin change, even thought I love that hero skin. But something akin to mental trauma and anguish. As yoy become a killer, your character hears things, maybe voices or screams of pain (seperate from any noise made by a nearby character to avoid screwups And confusion but add depth) and every now and then, say when you turn a corner, you see a dark human shape shadow move out of view. Maybe panicked breathing. It gets worse the more you kill. If you lay off killing, then it slowly disapoears.

I Like to KoS ppl and im doing it for quite a bit now(except freshies), but i also like to trick ppl and backstab them when they dont expect it. The motion thing would riun this kind of playstyle for me because everyone could see that im not a friendly person.

Voices and visions would also ruin it for me because why the heck should this be good for but annoy the shit out of me.

The Humanity system was bad in the mod and i really dont see a point in adding a similar system, especially the one you suggested, to the SA.

I personally like taking something from Don't Starve repurposed for DayZ; reading books and crafting things boosts your sanity.

I Like to KoS ppl and im doing it for quite a bit now(except freshies), but i also like to trick ppl and backstab them when they dont expect it. The motion thing would riun this kind of playstyle for me because everyone could see that im not a friendly person.

Voices and visions would also ruin it for me because why the heck should this be good for but annoy the shit out of me.

The Humanity system was bad in the mod and i really dont see a point in adding a similar system, especially the one you suggested, to the SA.

What, the realistic trauma from killing isnt acceptable for you? Itll throw you off?

Well if you read the whole thing, you would see the saving grace for kosers. After so.many kills (20,50,100 whatever) it disappears. No more visions, noises, fidgeting. Your a pshyco, and if anything you.look forward to the next kill. After that theres no giveaways, nothing. Its like you just started.

And the fidgeting wouldnt be like a siezure, just finicky motions that someone would have to pay close attention to to.notice.

The game is based on realism, and trauma from killing is real. Whether or not its used isnt up to you, even though it doesnt punish players, it gives them an insight to just a small shred of what killing does to you. Its up to the community, who seems to like it except for you, and the devs.

And the guy who said it about this being a mod, yeah maybe it could be. I can see the guys over at DayZ RP using it, becauae it adds depth and the realism the game shoots for.

Well if you read the whole thing, you would see the saving grace for kosers. After so.many kills (20,50,100 whatever) it disappears. No more visions, noises, fidgeting.

The point is that its there when you start. Lets say im killing 5 ppl, the voices start to pop in and im not able to pay attention to my surroundings  because of that annoying shit in my speakers.

I never get to 20 kills in one life right now just because of boredom. I try to punch the shit out of ppl or axe them a question or whatever. This means for me i always have to live with that shit and that wouldnt be fun to me.

And the fidgeting wouldnt be like a siezure, just finicky motions that someone would have to pay close attention to to.notice.

If you know that there is something you should pay attention to, you pay attention to it. (Hey look at this guy whos twitching around like a spastic, lets shoot him he must be a bandit). Hope you got my point on that. ;) 

Its up to the community, who seems to like it except for you, and the devs.

Maybe you should search the forum because im not the only one who dislikes this idea.

What, the realistic trauma from killing isnt acceptable for you?

Sometimes realism goes to far and this would be the point for me.

It would be very unrealistic because the symptoms you describe (shadows, flashbacks, etc.) are traumatic reactions and not all people experience trauma in the same way. I also don't like that you want to force people to experience trauma before they can get used to violence since all characters survived a zombie apocalypse and have seen horrible things, I guess. I don't understand why shooting a person should cause trauma while the apocalypse has not. :)

• Like 1

My first time posting on this forum, however I have played Dayz for quite some time now.

I was trying to think of a way for Dayz to become a more social game whereby players actually help eachother survive. Afterall, if a zombie apocalypse were to happen I'm pretty sure any survivors would work together to try to survive and keep mankind from extinction.

Atm everyone is simply playing as a solo PK wannabe and it's completely killing the feel of the game.

So to the OP of the thread, nice idea but as the post above mentioned you wouldn't be traumatised for killing another survivor, however you would more than likely feel extremely guilty for doing so.

So here is my proposal, a guilt meter.

If you kill another survivor for whatever reason, you should be wracked with guilt, Your hands shake almost uncontrolably, you become hungry and thirsty faster, you are more suseptable to disease from drinking pond water and damaged foods and recovery time (healing) is doubled for a 3 hour duration.

Therfore you must decide wether killing another survivor is really worth it, Would it really benefit your own survival?

However if the other player hits first then you should be able to kill them in self defense without penalty.