Sign in to follow this  
gibonez

Why is pvp and gunfights so bad in stand alone?

They're two completely different games, you can't compare a Pineapple to a Tomato man. xD

Actually you can with Breaking Point which is still superior in a few ways with gun play.

DayZ's urban combat feels like an on-rails shooter with inaccurate guns. You pray for your guns to land hits because they're of questionable accuracy. 

Not to mention how there's almost no dynamism. There's no system to support complex combat movements such as quick relocation and taking cover. To move around fast, you have to use a clunky mechanic to take away your gun. There's no supported firing positions. Taking cover is just hiding behind a corner. You can't run AND shoot, no no, you have to slow to a crawl like in on-rail shooters. You're not giving the choice to players to do feasible things.

It should be more complex than this. It feels like CoD so far. I've seen the Arma 3 combat stance system and DayZ should not be this dumbed down.

Edited by hotcakes

It should be more complex than this. It feels like CoD so far. I've seen the Arma 3 combat stance system and DayZ should not be this dumbed down.

I was with you up until this bit. DayZ is the antithesis of CoD to me. A clunky and unintelligible shooting mechanic versus a smooth yet overly-simplified WYSIWYG shooting mechanic.

As weird as it sounds, but Dayz could probably use a "little bit CoD".

The large open world sure gives lots of opportunities for tactical combat, but especially in close quarters the game really lacks dynamic.

I also think of Red Orchestra when it comes to how combat should be. It does not have to be as good since this game is not purely based around combat, but I'd welcome any step in that direction.

Actually you can with Breaking Point which is still superior in a few ways with gun play.

Breaking Point is not DayZ nor a DayZ mod. The developers have even said that, I even heard it first hand from Gortbot.

Breaking Point is not DayZ nor a DayZ mod. The developers have even said that, I even heard it first hand from Gortbot.

Whatever it is it is really good and borrows all of the best things from dayz while holding none of the bad.

Whatever it is it is really good and borrows all of the best things from dayz while holding none of the bad.

They called it Arma 3 PVP with zombies. xD

Yes, keep comparing a mod of a complete game against a game that's not complete and is in goddamn "ALPHA".  DayZ is not complete, nor close to complete.  Weapons are going to change, everything is most likely going to change.  Save the wanting for complete features, such as weapon ballistics for when the game is not in alpha.