Sign in to follow this  
Zedertone

Lol @ you

So I was casually looting in NEAF and I went to walk through door and there was a guy with a gun, pretty well geared, and he saw me.

I had no gun, only a fireaxe and it was on my back. I told him I was friendly and I just wanted in there so I could get some food and drinks. He told me that he apparently saw my gun, and I'm still not sure if he thought I had one, or this was an excuse for banditry. I ran past the door to try and get down stairs and he fired 1 double barrel shot, so I couldnt get across. I put my hands up and told him they were up so he could see I had no gun, after putting my hands up I was using 'e' to lean in so he could see my hand. He fired his second shot at my hand, which missed. This told me he was gonna try and kill me so knowing he used both of his shots I ran in and axed him in the head, and double tapped him with his Blaze. 

Moments later, I'm not sure if it was his friend or not, another guy logged in only to get shot in the head due to the fact I didn't know if it was his friend.. My question is, why would you try to shoot someone who has no gun, and has their hands up.. Do you agree he got what he deserved?

Edited by Zedertone
  • Like 6

Bad players get what is coming to them even if their target is essentially harmless and unarmed. Got to love killing bad hostile players.

• Like 2

People can be butt heads. Once I got held up by bandits and then "let go", only to hear one of them ask their buddies if they should shoot me in the back, me being completely unarmed. So I turned around, turned my mic on and told him if he was gonna shoot me, he goddamn well do it while I was facing him.

Then I walked away. They shot me just as I thought they'd given up.

Moral of this story: People are a-holes and some don't care if you are armed or not. They'll shoot you just because they can, Loot or no Loot :-/

• Like 2

So I was casually looting in NEAF and I went to walk through door and there was a guy with a gun, pretty well geared, and he saw me.

I had no gun, only a fireaxe and it was on my back. I told him I was friendly and I just wanted in there so I could get some food and drinks. He told me that he apparently saw my gun, and I'm still not sure if he thought I had one, or this was an excuse for banditry. I ran past the door to try and get down stairs and he fired 1 double barrel shot, so I couldnt get across. I put my hands up and told him they were up so he could see I had no gun, after putting my hands up I was using 'e' to lean in so he could see my hand. He fired his second shot at my hand, which missed. This told me he was gonna try and kill me so knowing he used both of his shots I ran in and axed him in the head, and double tapped him with his Blaze. 

Moments later, I'm not sure if it was his friend or not, another guy logged in only to get shot in the head due to the fact I didn't know if it was his friend.. My question is, why would you try to shoot someone who has no gun, and has their hands up.. Do you agree he got what he deserved?

At an airfield? Nobody is friendly, if he he doesn't have a gun now, he might in 5 seconds.

• Like 1

At an airfield? Nobody is friendly, if he he doesn't have a gun now, he might in 5 seconds.

I was friendly in that instance though, I had no reason not to be. 

If he wouldn't had shot at me, I wouldn't have axed him.. 

I was friendly in that instance though, I had no reason not to be. 

If he wouldn't had shot at me, I wouldn't have axed him.. 

Yeah, but as far as I see.. he had no reason to trust you & if you'd been trying to avoid conflict, when faced with an armed player I would expect you to retreat, not stick around. I judge players on actions rather than words and most of the time people in an inferior position consider "friendly" to mean "give me an opening", so I would never trust a player saying that whose actions I viewed with any degree of suspicion.

His only real mistake was missing.

Your mistake was trying to enter a building you knew was populated by at least one armed player, instead of beating a retreat. Most players would take you trying to enter that building as a hint towards aggression.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

Yeah, but as far as I see.. he had no reason to trust you & if you'd been trying to avoid conflict, when faced with an armed player I would expect you to retreat, not stick around. His only real mistake was missing.

I was in the back corner before I saw him, I couldn't leave or he would have shot me as I passed the door. 

Edited by Zedertone

Would have shot, 

1) It is an airfield he can find a gun anywhere

2) You have an axe, the second I turn you could axe me anyway

1) Yes I agree with this.

2) If you're silly enough to turn your back on someone at an airfield with an axe, you prob shouldn't be there. 

I was in the back corner before I saw him, I couldn't leave or he would have shot me as I passed the door. 

Ah, fair enough then. I assumed he was already inside and you'd attempted to enter the building.

• Like 1

1) Yes I agree with this.

2) If you're silly enough to turn your back on someone at an airfield with an axe, you prob shouldn't be there. 

Exactly, but I like turning freely would out worrying about an ax man, That is why I would have filled him with lead anyway. 

Sounds like you gave him what he deserved...

Would have shot, 

1) It is an airfield he can find a gun anywhere

2) You have an axe, the second I turn you could axe me anyway

Tie him up then? or take his weapon for safe measures if no rope

• Like 1

Sounds like you gave him what he deserved...

Tie him up then? or take his weapon for safe measures if no rope

Take his gear?

Then he would be no different then a fresh spawn. Shooting him would have acomplished the same thing with less headachs. 

I think I ran into the same guy Berezino the other day. I was with my friends looting the town and they hadn't seen anyone. They all had gear but I had just died. I was talking to them on TS and said "hey is that you in the middle of the main road?" "Yeah that's me"

So I run to meet up with him. I got right up on the guy and he turned. "Shit! That's not you" and the guy aimed his sawed-off at me. Hit me in the arm. I kept running. Then he hit me in the legs and I went down. I started crawling, yelling for my friends to get over there. The guy came up to me with his shotgun again and I started rolling away from him. He somehow missed both shots.

He must have seen my friends then because he started running away. Two of them chased him down and shot him in the middle of a field while another killed the 5 zombies that were on me and bandaged me and gave me morphine.

Seriously how do you miss a guy with broken legs point blank with a shotgun...

Edited by Facetentacles
  • Like 1

I think I ran into the same guy Berezino the other day. I was with my friends looting the town and they hadn't seen anyone. They all had gear but I had just died. I was talking to them on TS and said "hey is that you in the middle of the main road?" "Yeah that's me"

So I run to meet up with him. I got right up on the guy and he turned. "Shit! That's not you" and the guy aimed his sawed-off at me. Hit me in the arm. I kept running. Then he hit me in the legs and I went down. I started crawling, yelling for my friends to get over there. The guy came up to me with his shotgun again and I started rolling away from him. He somehow missed both shots.

He must have seen my friends then because he started running away. Two of them chased him down and shot him in the middle of a field while another killed the 5 zombies that were on me and bandaged me and gave me morphine.

I don't even :huh:

I knew people in this game mostly had the marksmanship skills of an imperial storm trooper but that's just embarrassing.

• Like 1

marksmanship skills of an imperial storm trooper.

lol.

Who even knows LOL.

Probably for the same reason you would shoot someone who just logged in and posed no immediate threat. It's an airfield full of goodies.

Probably for the same reason you would shoot someone who just logged in and posed no immediate threat. It's an airfield full of goodies.

Like I said above, I shot him because I didn't know if it was the guys friend, lol.

Like I said above, I shot him because I didn't know if it was the guys friend, lol.

Lol. It's cool. I understand. It would take some time for him to draw his weapon after logging in though. Maybe asking him if he's friendly or asking him to keep his gun holstered would've worked. In all honesty, I would've done the same thing.

Lol. It's cool. I understand. It would take some time for him to draw his weapon after logging in though. Maybe asking him if he's friendly or asking him to keep his gun holstered would've worked. In all honesty, I would've done the same thing.

Yeah, I could have done that but I was so worked up and my adrenaline was pumping like crazy haha. 

I found a friendly guy at the NEAF though. We both were pretty much armed.

And that was smooth. Beans to you.

• Like 1

anyone logging in inside an airfield deserves both barrels anyway.

I have had friendly encounters at neaf aswell. Meet two guys with weapons. We shared food and ammo and tried to take out a sniper who was trying to shoot us we entered the jail building. Was intense and cool. But from experience its usually a war zone lol.. I dont shoot unarmed people but I usually think armed and geared players is ok to take down there.

As for missing obvious kill situations it could be as it is for me sometimes. Shitty computer and bad fps. Most likley they just suck tho :-D

And I would have axed him to. You did a good job!

Yep. got what he deserved. Why don't people ever rob anybody anymore like a real bandit? You get more/better loot.

And if he's afraid for his life well...apparently shooting first and asking later wasn't the best idea.

• Like 1