kichilron

Bad Version, Server Rejected Connection. Any / All problems regarding Beta-Patches for ARMA 2: OA

I see that you don't recommend installing DayZCommander. In not doing so, how would i install DayZ Epoch,etc.?

al servers i see when i load OA have a yellow question mark and i get errors when i join. i think its because i don't have the patch 1.6.3.blahblah but the arma2 beta patch website is under maintenance so i can't download it.

al servers i see when i load OA have a yellow question mark and i get errors when i join. i think its because i don't have the patch 1.6.3.blahblah but the arma2 beta patch website is under maintenance so i can't download it.

Please do read the OP, as it's explained in there what you need to do.

hello,first sorry for my bad english, i am from german.

I played ago 1 year the mod dayz for arma 2 operation arrowhead and then i deinstall it.

Today i tried to install and play arma 2 dayz but it not work..

i installed arma 2 and arma 2 operation arrowhead.Then i installed Dayz commander.If i start dayz commander and go to install/updates and its says that i have not the current Arma 2 version.I click on install and then it says error downloading.And if i click on install dayz epoch, it says gateway error..I installed now ARMA2_OA_Build112555 manual, and now i can install from dayz commander the dayz epoch.now i have no error,but now i cant join on other servers, it says bad versions.What to do now?i search for servers with version 112555 but i dont find anything, and if i try to install a lower version it says a already upper version is installed.Can somebody help?

Merged. Please use the existing, pinned topics. The OP will tell you everything you need to know.

what is the OP?my english is bad sry xD, where i find the OP?

original post: erste Nachricht (bzw. das originale Dargebotene)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/187129-bad-version-server-rejected-connection-any-all-problems-regarding-beta-patches-for-arma-2-oa/?p=1926832

Edited by kichilron

Thanks.

A last question: how i install dayz epoch?with dayz commander?then start the game via steam and join on a server with dayz epoch?

edit: and a other question: can i use sixlauncher to join on dayz epoch servers?e

edit2: i want to download the manual files from dayz epoch.the link is: http://epochmod.com/a2dayzepoch.php but is it legal to download it via torrents?i dont find other links and i hate torrent,i had ago 2 years to pay for 2 games that i downloaded via torrent.

edit3:i forgot to say: i reinstalled the game,and i cant now download the dayz epoch from dayz commander -.-.I dont know where i can download the manual files without torrent.

edit4: i downloaded the mod with sixlauncher,then i add the parameter @DayZ_Epoch; and now if i join on a server it says not bad version,but i get kicked,it says i have no remington.acr and other files.What to do?

edit5: if copy a server ip from sixlauncher,and paste the ip in the game and connect,i can connect now.But if i try to join then i get the message "Client not responding".

edit6: Ok now i can connect to other servers,but i cant join,it says Client not responding.What to do?

edit7: Problem is fixed.I can play now <3.I had to remove my lan driver, and now its works.thank you all.

Edited by belinost

I have been playing Dayz mod since the start but I think I have made a complete FUBAR of my installation and can't make sense out of anything! 

I played Dayz originally with ARMA 2 retail and Steam OA on Play for Six.

First thing I did was to Activated my Arma 2 in Steam that was easy but from then on it has all gone to pieces and I need a lot of help.

After activating Arma2 I noticed you needed to install it again so I uninstalled my old retail Arma 2 first, then I followed the instruction for setting up OA as Beta and adding -mod=@Dayz all this was fine but now I am left with Play for Six not recognising Arma 2 installation anymore only OA and I cannot launch OA within Steam without getting the error  found on this forum on page one.

So I followed the instruction and copied all 163 files from Arma 2 addons into Common OA folder but that bit I was not to sure with as 10 of those files seemed to conflict with existing files. So were they to be overwritten or added? That was not made clear,and I am still left with same errors as before.

All in all what with my Steam installations gone to crap and heaven knows what the hell I have done to Play for Six I might just give standalone  a try as I have yet to install that from my list of games I own and have never bothered to install. 

Edited by mad mark

Welcome. I have a problem with that. Just yesterday I was playing on a server DayZ Origins 1.7.8.5 using PlayWithSix and now I can not. What has happened since yesterday? A few weeks ago I moved my Arma Non-Steam on Steam. How do I do that? I uninstalled my ordinary Arma and added to Steam using the CD-key. After that I started to play on the new server. Together with friends we played a few weeks and suddenly today I got this error. I read it all, but I feel lost. On Steam I only have 3 versions of the game. Arma 2, Arma 2: OA and Arma 2: OA Beta (Obsolete). My cousin a few days ago by mistake downloaded the Arma 2: OA Beta (Obsolete) and then had a problem because he had a new version. So, what should I do? Am I supposed to download the Arma 2: OA Beta (Obsolete)? I ask you my friends for help, because I'm totally lost. :) I can also give my Skype if necessary to help.

All the best, Fatumboba

If I understand the OP, you NEED to use STEAM if you want to play ARMA2 online anymore?

No STEAM = No ARMA2 Online play?

If this this true, this would be the end of ARMA2 (& DayZ) for me, since I never ever will use STEAM ...

If I understand the OP, you NEED to use STEAM if you want to play ARMA2 online anymore?

No STEAM = No ARMA2 Online play?

If this this true, this would be the end of ARMA2 (& DayZ) for me, since I never ever will use STEAM ...

My love for DayZ outweighs my hate for Steam but I can understand your POV. Steam is required to play any of the Arma lineup now which makes me wonder why this guide isn't on the Steam page where it is needed!

Deinstalled ARMA2 & DayZ yesterday.

Very sad day, but i don't like to be forced to use software B if i only want to use software A!

Goodbye Bohemia, but there are other survival games without drm aviable ...

Всем привет меня интересует такой вопрос что за бред происходит купил дейзи и не могу играть почему может вы подскажите https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/698931299527819336/699009917713121280/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/698931299527819336/699002098754388028/unknown.png