SamKablam

[FIXED] Bad Version, Server Rejected Connection

I ma having the same issue i can not connect to any servers in Dayz mod i got it from steam and i intaled every game but i cant update to 1.6.2.103419 or any other also i cannot get to the dayz contact us page to ask for help from the creators. please anyone help us

I just bought all of the arma 2 games and instaled them all i ran them all once and then got the dayz mod but i cant join any servers because i do not have the right version i would really like to play this but i cant because there are no servers to play one.

Finally bought OA after owning Arma II for about 3 years. Trying to get DayZ to work. I installed Arma II and launched to menu. Installed OA and launched to menu. DayZ Commander reports Arma Version 1.62.103718 installed and DayZ 1.8.0.3. However when I try to connect to a server the game says Bad version connection refused and in the lower right corner the game says its running 1.62.95248.

Can anyone help me with this?

Merging

I just bought all of the arma 2 games and instaled them all i ran them all once and then got the dayz mod but i cant join any servers because i do not have the right version i would really like to play this but i cant because there are no servers to play one.

Merging

I purchased arma II complete edition yesterday, which includes multiple DLC including the OA, and OA beta. I ran all the programs once before loading the steam downloaded version of Dayz. When i go to a server, it says i have version 1.62 and i need 1.62.103718. I have searched the internet and have found basic instructions that i dont understand for updating the NON steam version of dayz thru programs that provide no instructions on how to operate and i do not understand. does anyone know a way to update the STEAM version of dayz to 1.62.103718? I am at a total loss here on how to do any of this and am very upset that i have just purchased a game that is completely unplayable without loads of tinkering that i dont have the skill or knowledge to complete. Every instruction guide on here assumes knowledge of programs that i have no clue how to operate and is for updating the NON steam version. Can anyone help my NOOB self, or point me in the right direction?

Merging

Do you have it on Steam and ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta installed on there? If yes, you most likely need to reinstall the game.

Happened to me earlier today - it updates to 1.63 and you can't currently downgrade to 1.62 anymore. Try reinstalling ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead and install 1.62.103718 manually and do not install the ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead BETA from Steam.

I've re-installed ARMA 2 OA through my Steam account but I didn't see the option to choose a manual install. How do you Install it manually and choose 1.62.103718 ?

Hi there,

First of all thank you for your time.

I am very new to this.

I purchased Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA from steam official (during the offer steam done)( and ran to menu)

I installed Dayz Mod for arma 2

Dayz Commander and installed Epoch

Also ran the patch 

Unfortunately i am trying to access my friends server but comes up with the bad version ....well how can it be im pretty positive i done everything right .

Its as if its a bad key but i bought and installed from steam servers.

I tried a normal Dayz server without any mods and it worked well.

Can anyone help please

Thanks in advance.

Any questions no fear im going to be here as im desperate to play this

I know what the word means. Why do you keep posting it? Are you just trolling on people who are trying to get this fixed or do you actually know how to fix this issue? I have carefully read every reply in this post and you just keep posting "Merging". It's rude and not helping anyone here. If you don't know how to fix this issue please let someone else answer that does know how to fix this issue. Your first reply seemed to show that you know how to fix the issue but since there was not enough details us "noobs" are lost at what to do. There is very little on google regarding this. I have spent many hours trying to get the DayZ mod to work and it's very frustrate so if you are trying to be helpful I apologize if I am out of line. 

Thanks ahead of time for anyone who can help us out with this issue.

I know what the word means. Why do you keep posting it? Are you just trolling on people who are trying to get this fixed or do you actually know how to fix this issue? I have carefully read every reply in this post and you just keep posting "Merging". It's rude and not helping anyone here. 

That is my job. They all used to be separate topics and if I quote them and then merge the topics they know where their topics went. That's the way it works.

hi guys i just got arma2 and arma 2 oa and the dayz mod from steam and when i launch the games there fine but when i want to join a game on the dayz mod it keeps saying "bad version server rejected connection"

anyone know what im doing wrong?

hi guys i just got arma2 and arma 2 oa and the dayz mod from steam and when i launch the games there fine but when i want to join a game on the dayz mod it keeps saying "bad version server rejected connection"

anyone know what im doing wrong?

Merging

Hello all!

After reading the topic and following the steps offerd by Steak and other, I'm still stuck with the issue that i get the error.

After steam said it could not verify files i removed Arma 2, Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead: Beta

A few times even i have tried to follow the steps and downloads of thepatches given in this topic.

No matter what one i picked ir still gave me the "The version of Arma 2 ACR (1.63) is more recent than this patch version (1.62)."

Another try was again unilstalling. redownlownding Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead.

Installed Arma 2, started it manually and then downloaded Arrowhead and started it manually also.

Then as last the Patch.. and still nothing but errors.

What can i do now? I hope someone can help me here.

Thank you for the time and reading my problem.

So you are asking to downgrade?

• Go to your directory of Arma 2 OA ex. E:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion
  • Delete the Folder named "beta"
  • Manually downgrade beta - http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php
  • download the 103718 patch + run exe

Let me know if I misunderstood you.

• Go start menu select run
  • Type in regedit hit enter.
  • Select local machine hit control F.
  • Search Arma OA
  • Delete the Arma OA in bohemia interactive and bohemia interactive studios folders.
  • Launch steam as admin.
  • Go to games library right click on Arma OA.
  • Go to properties
  • Local files
  • Verify gamecache

Afterwards you will go into commander and update your beta patch, it should not give you further issues just a fresh DL.

Worked for a few guys I helped earlier see here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/187032-issue-w-updating-in-dayz-commander/

You can see my problem in the picture I include with this message. I have zero idea how to fix this and I can't find any similar problems nor solutions to it. I have reinstalled all Armas and DayZ Commander multiple times.

post-207704-0-79673400-1399999130_thumb.

So all I need is to downgrade the version?

Yeah, currently most servers use 1.62.103718. There will be an update, though.

Yeah, currently most servers use 1.62.103718. There will be an update, though.

So, there will be an official update which will fix everything soon? Like, I mean we don't really have to fix it ourselves manually unless we want to play now?

Okay, I found out that some servers only need 1.62 which I can play but most of the servers required version 1.62.103718

I don't think that's lower than my version, isn't it higher..? Well I believe that there will be an update sooner or later so I'll just sit and wait playing Domniation on A2 

so...any other info on an official patch for the broke ass patch? i have re-installed both server and client apps, tried every thing advised in this thread, all to no avail. was waiting for the next stableSA patch to drop and figured i'd just kick my dedicated box back on, update the to the latest Mod version and run around...awesome idea in theory, but thanks to BI's boneheaded patch and steams willingness to update to it, even when told not to it would seem, its been a clusterfuck of un-install, re-install, try this, regedit that...any idea when BI will fix this snafu? i guess i dont understand how BI would release a patch that could have these consequences, unless of course this was done as an intentional means to drive people to the SA. did they really not know that all of the Dayz Mod servers run 1.62.103718? not tryin to be all "tin foil hat", but wtf? 

fuck it....havent run a regular Arma2OA dedicated server in a while, and now that BI dropped the free server support for it (due to gamespy shutting down?) might even get some folks on it :P

if anyone knows the w/w/w or timetable for the patch to fix the patch....holla!! :beans:

So you are asking to downgrade?

• Go to your directory of Arma 2 OA ex. E:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion
  • Delete the Folder named "beta"
  • Manually downgrade beta - http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php
  • download the 103718 patch + run exe

Let me know if I misunderstood you.

I attempted this and it stated that the CD key provided was wrong

I too have tried literally everything in this thread only to still get the "Bad version, server rejected connection". The only thing I think I may be doing wrong is manually applying the patch. I keep seeing posts saying to do it with a link to this:

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

, but the version they say to download 103718 only leads to a text file not an exe like they're suggesting. Please for the love of god someone help me. :/

I run this through DayZ Commander, so the only way it lets me even attempt to open the game is to download the only zip file which is the current version in the link above. But I still get the "Bad version, server rejected connection" after it kicks me to the main menu. I was playing fine literally like 4 hours ago, but I clicked yes on a pop up through DayZ commander asking me to update something since it wouldn't let me play without it. None of the solutions I've read online have worked thus far so I post here to maybe get some help. ><

I don't know if it matters, but I did have the beta on steam installed initially, so I tried uninstalling it and to no avail it fixed nothing. Also I'm not able to find anything in my regedit regarding OA. Deleting the beta folder under expansions folder in OA also did nothing.

My apologies if this is not the appropriate place for this topic.Since my update from steam I have not been able to get connected to any of the servers I frequently log onto.Did I miss something or is there a solution that I am unaware of for this? Any help is appreciated.

DayZ Mod 1.8.1 was delivered with the 1.63 beta patch, which is delivered on Steam (ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead Beta).

Make sure to check the server and which version it's listing as well as the official announcement, as it always tells you which Beta version is delivered.

EDIT: Please also refer to the pinned topics in the correct section: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/187129-dayz-mod-current-problems-regarding-arma-2-operation-arrowhead-beta/

Moved.

Edited by kichilron