Sign in to follow this  
Ovomaltine

Scope damage?

Hi,

simple question, i can't find anything on it via forum search.

Is the Long Range Scope damage now irrelevant to its functionality again?
I have a Badly Damaged LRS with no scratches on the lens and it works.

If this is the case, why is this the case?

Is it only temporary?

Is it because you dont want to restrict functionality from status "Pristine - Badly Damaged" and just make items unusable @ "Ruined"? (which I think would be best)

Or is it another reason?

Thx,

Bai

I wouldnt complain! Never heard of this behavior - only ever picked up 3 LRS pristine...

I dont complain, actually in my original post I wrote that I would like it best if items in general are usable to their full extent until "Ruined".

So the status of an item becomes a health bar equivalent for the item solely and its functionality is 100% granted until the item is dead = 0% = "Ruined"...

So if anybody knows if this has been purposely changed, pls let me know.

From the last data I've seen condition of items typically has no effect. Though most scope types show a cracked lens when damaged. But even cracked, the accuracy is fine. Same goes for attachments on m4 and mosin.

Yeah it didnt affect accuracy at any time of the development. But the cracks when Damaged or Badly Damaged seem to have vanished? At least with my specimen :D

Yeah, my PU scope had cracks in it (damaged) until I found a worn one. My LRS is badly damaged and it's got no wear and tear. My guess is that it hasn't been implemented yet.

• Like 1

Yeah it didnt affect accuracy at any time of the development. But the cracks when Damaged or Badly Damaged seem to have vanished? At least with my specimen :D

The LRS actually has an accuracy change, and afaik had it for a while, when damaged. iirc the more damaged the LRS the more the rifle pulls to the left.

Personally any scope, when worn shouldn't have too much of any issue... but once damaged and badly damaged should definitely some issues. Badly damaged should be nigh unusable other than to sight in with. There should be some indicator visually that something is off... i.e. maybe a bad refraction off the lens for the LRS or something... cracked lens?

In some cases a damaged scope should be able to be fixed when worn to get it back to pristine... however I think damaged and badly damaged it should be out of reach for people to fix. There's a lot that goes into scopes that the average layperson would NEVER be able to fix without the proper tools.

Weapon cleaning kits should also get weapons back into pristine... not take a pristine weapon into worn... that's just ludicrous. Damaged and Badly Damaged weapons should also be extremely difficult to repair. Maybe a damaged scope would require multiple uses from a pristine weapon kit (which gets used up entirely on a damaged weapon), but a badly damaged weapon is pretty much non-recoverable... i.e. completely rusted, bent/cracked barrel etc...

The more damaged the scope, the less accurate it will be when it comes to the LRS.

I haven't noticed any difference between worn and pristine, but I rarely fire at 800m, normally closer to 400-500m but at that range, they both seem extremely accurate.

With damaged and worse scopes, you should take some practice shots and see where the bullet lands, them aim using that spot rather than the crosshairs, or just keep hunting till you find a worn or better one.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

The config files for any of the scopes do not have accuracy modifiers, therefore the condition does not affect accuracy. All the condition does is add cracks to the attachment's texture, obscuring vision.

If you hadn't noticed, the LRS works differently than other scopes, i.e. instead of simply increasing the RMB zoom capability, it renders the hands and weapon model transparent and adds a texture overlay to your screen with the scope crosshair.

Since they didn't implement an overlay with cracks...

The point is - you can use a badly damaged LRS just as good as a pristine one.

Someone mentioned bullet deviation to the left. That was because the scope's crosshair wasn't properly aligned with the screen centre, which many blamed on the LRS's condition. They fixed it in one of recent patches.

Edited by retro19