Irish.

I tried to be a nice guy...

But it just did not work. 

Experimental server US-03.. Im at the NWAF, its night and pitch black.. Im waiting out the darkness and eating some food. I see a spotlight of someone working the tents so I stumble my way there to say hi. So I wait a moment, I can see the guy knows what he is doing and is armed. But I do my usual and say, "Well hello there!" over my mic.. he stops for a second. Then moves on. So I type in sidechat.. "Boo!" Nothing. Not a single fuck given. Im like 20 feet away. About 1 tent at the most. I talk over mic again. He works some tents, still looting. So I move towards a tent he is bound to loot soon. Eventually he does.. as he enters the tent he looks right at me, but his spotlight spins quickly away and I doubt he sees me even though Im about 10 feet in front of him. He is focused on loot and nothing else. 

So I lock and load. Double tap to the head. Profit sawed-off and other odds and ends. 

Thank you "NotAGirl". Im sorry you were so focused that you did not hear me, see me, nor did you notice sidechat text that stayed up for 20 seconds on your screen. I would have probably just chatted with you had you responded in any way. But in DayZ my motto is: Dead Men Don't Talk. ;)

Honorable yes. Nice no.

Honorable in that you gave him a fighting chance by announcing yourself.

Not nice in that you intended to kill him anyway.

Not that nice has anything to do with this game :D

• Like 1

Honorable yes. Nice no.

Honorable in that you gave him a fighting chance by announcing yourself.

Not nice in that you intended to kill him anyway.

Not that nice has anything to do with this game :D

Thank you :) 

..but I did state that my initial intention was not to kill him. I had initially decided to just chat it up with him, since it was an experimental server and night and all, I figured I would give him a break from my usual, "hey buddy, get ready because I am going to kill you" or worse just a round to the head without any warning. So I really did intend to be nice, thats why I stated that to begin with. Its just funny to me, that after 1.5 years of playing full on KOS style.. with barely any reprieve, the first time I try to be nice the guy just does not even notice that I am there.. lol, too much!

Funny how people have a need to lay out endless friggin debates about morals in a video game. Sure you dont have to be a total twat.. but come on. It was a cool story. You went over and beyond with that guy. He died. No biggie. You did him a favour so he could start fresh with all the new adventures awaiting him and no gear to burden his back. I am normally pretty friendly. But if that would have been me in your situation at a place like NWAF I would have just shot him straight up. So kudos to you for trying. And please. Anyone who gets upset from him shooting him.. go out. Take a break. Count to ten or punch yourself in the face.

Over and out!

• Like 1

Thank you :) 

..but I did state that my initial intention was not to kill him. I had initially decided to just chat it up with him, since it was an experimental server and night and all, I figured I would give him a break from my usual, "hey buddy, get ready because I am going to kill you" or worse just a round to the head without any warning. So I really did intend to be nice, thats why I stated that to begin with. Its just funny to me, that after 1.5 years of playing full on KOS style.. with barely any reprieve, the first time I try to be nice the guy just does not even notice that I am there.. lol, too much!

Your intentions changed, ergo he is right.

Why are people getting there panties in a bunch 1 it was in a high risk high loot value bandit prone area. 2 he didnt KoS him hell he gave him several warnings( greetings) shit i am surprised he didnt get himself shot doing it.

Im all for interaction but not on a airfield milbase people just dont like to hang out and chat there why because its stupid if the person you met doesnt kill you the bandit who is casing the place to kill people will.

Go to a mil base at your own risk be alert be aware be locked and loaded and ready to rumble because if irish doesnt shoot you i am sure any number of the probably over a million bandits ( some call themselves heroes but just shoot anything that moves and say yeah got another bandit lol ).

With all the outrage in this thread i might expect to meet more friendlies in game ( hey i do meet some) but no atleast 8 out 10 people i meet either take a shot or cant take a shot and want to tag along till they get a gun then shoot you lol.

Oh hombre i believe you mean the chernarus heroic society medical division now they were some douche bags lol which irish doesnt seem to be he may not be the friendliest player but hey he tells you his server so you can always go hunt him and i get the feeling he would enjoy it if you did...

• Like 1

..its a start. I mean come on, you gotta admit its a step towards friendly for a long time KOS player ;) LOL

Had he said "hello" or such back would you of simply let him walk away after?

Had he said "hello" or such back would you of simply let him walk away after?

yes... is that hard to believe or something?

Why are people getting there panties in a bunch ...pretty much just 1 particular guy is, the rest just seem to be sensitive to being killed or banditry.

Oh hombre i believe you mean the chernarus heroic society medical division now they were some douche bags lol which irish doesnt seem to be he may not be the friendliest player but hey he tells you his server so you can always go hunt him and i get the feeling he would enjoy it if you did...   he is quite correct. If you PM me at any time, I will give you my server and location if it means a firefight. I am all for being hunted down, just as much as I like to be the hunter

I didn't say it was hard to believe (although I don't believe it, that's my opinion). 

You said "most times" you have said hello I'm going to shoot you defend yourself.  So someone says "hello" back and you shoot them, they don't respond you shoot them.  Not a lot of choice with you is there?

I didn't say it was hard to believe (although I don't believe it, that's my opinion). 

You said "most times" you have said hello I'm going to shoot you defend yourself.  So someone says "hello" back and you shoot them, they don't respond you shoot them.  Not a lot of choice with you is there?

A video showing what its to like to meet me in game when I dont want to kill you:

BELIEVE THAT.

You most certainly implied you did not believe it was possible for me to simply let someone walk away, you did so by asking the question to begin with. There is a lot of choice with me, yes. Your need to question my playstyle makes me wonder why you would even take the time to care? 

If I shoot everyone I see, without any thought or interaction.. what do you care? If I blatantly lie on the forums about a "story" of mine.. what the fuck does it matter to you unless Im trying to troll people? If I never kill a single player and always say, Hi and let them shoot me if they want to.. is that better in your eyes for some reason?

Now go find something productive to do rather than judge me through a forum anonymously, thank you.

Edited by lrish

I speak with the intention of letting them know my presence and what I plan to do. In most cases I say "hi, Im going to kill you okay? Get ready to defend yourself."

Because while I like PVP, its not PVP if you just shoot the guy in the back of the head. That's simply e-murder.

So all of you getting upset over someone killing another player in a game rife with death and PVP, and that player ACTUALLY gave the guy a fighting chance,  I have this to say to you: You're funny. :P

A video showing what its to like to meet me in game when I dont want to kill you:

BELIEVE THAT.

You most certainly implied you did not believe it was possible for me to simply let someone walk away, you did so by asking the question to begin with. There is a lot of choice with me, yes. Your need to question my playstyle makes me wonder why you would even take the time to care? 

If I shoot everyone I see, without any thought or interaction.. what do you care? If I blatantly lie on the forums about a "story" of mine.. what the fuck does it matter to you unless Im trying to troll people? If I never kill a single player and always say, Hi and let them shoot me if they want to.. is that better in your eyes for some reason?

Now go find something productive to do rather than judge me through a forum anonymously, thank you.

Judge you?  How about quote you?  Most times you talk to someone you shoot them, your words not mine.  I don't care if you shoot everyone or don't odd are I'll never run into you so why would I care.  Even if I did I wouldn't care, shoot me or don't it's a game.  You said you tried to be a nice guy, that's the topic title you wrote, then you shot a guy that simply didn't want to deal with you.  That's nice?  Again I didn't judge you, I don't have to you pretty much spelled out how you are in game.  Posting a video of you being nice is great, but yet you said yourself most of the communications you have end up in you shooting the person and you shot a guy that simply was ignoring you.  Nice?

• Like 2

Judge you?  How about quote you?  Most times you talk to someone you shoot them, your words not mine.  I don't care if you shoot everyone or don't odd are I'll never run into you so why would I care.  Even if I did I wouldn't care, shoot me or don't it's a game.  You said you tried to be a nice guy, that's the topic title you wrote, then you shot a guy that simply didn't want to deal with you.  That's nice?  Again I didn't judge you, I don't have to you pretty much spelled out how you are in game.  Posting a video of you being nice is great, but yet you said yourself most of the communications you have end up in you shooting the person and you shot a guy that simply was ignoring you.  Nice?

52197-Picard-facepalm-gif-ubif.gif

LOL.. ok buddy. Have a good day.  :)

But it just did not work, because he never even noticed I was there.

Experimental server US-03.. Im at the NWAF, its night and pitch black.. Im waiting out the darkness and eating some food. I see a spotlight of someone working the tents so I stumble my way there to say hi. So I wait a moment, I can see the guy knows what he is doing and is armed. But I do my usual and say, "Well hello there!" over my mic.. he stops for a second. Then moves on. So I type in sidechat.. "Boo!" Nothing. Not a single fuck given. Im like 20 feet away. About 1 tent at the most. I talk over mic again. He works some tents, still looting. So I move towards a tent he is bound to loot soon. Eventually he does.. as he enters the tent he looks right at me, but his spotlight spins quickly away and I doubt he sees me even though Im about 10 feet in front of him. He is focused on loot and nothing else.

So I lock and load. Double tap to the head. Profit sawed-off and other odds and ends.

Thank you "NotAGirl". Im sorry you were so focused that you did not hear me, see me, nor did you notice sidechat text that stayed up for 20 seconds on your screen. I would have probably just chatted with you had you responded in any way. But in DayZ my motto is: Dead Men Don't Talk. ;)

HE DID NOT IGNORE ME... that idea is implausible.

"He did not except my invitation for chit-chat so i popped a cap in his face."

"He did not except my invitation for chit-chat so i popped a cap in his face."

Exactly.  :D

BELIEVE THAT.

Like you said, you yourself could be lying, you probably made that up, maybe with a friend, we don't know. So that video doesn't matter, especially since you are on the subject, far from what we are on, of judging based on forum posts/actions done within the game, in which the video has nothing to do with judging, but trying to show truth, but there is nothing to back it up.

Edited by Space Milk

Like you said, you yourself could be lying, you probably made that up, maybe with a friend, we don't know. So that video doesn't matter, especially since you are on the subject, far from what we are on, of judging based on forum posts/actions done within the game, in which the video has nothing to do with judging, but trying to show truth, but there is nothing to back it up.

You just cannot let this go can you?

indiana-jones-popcorn.gif

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/179455-new-hobby-working-for-others/page-2

Edited by lrish

It's still in a controlled environment, where this guy was trusted for trading, and you needed something. Judging by what you had and what he had, you gain nothing from killing him, and he would attack you on the forums. Obviously you shouldn't kill him. How would you react in a uncontrolled setting, where you are uncertain if the other guy has friendly or unfriendly intentions, where you must risk your life, and lend your trust, to a stranger? Edited by Space Milk

It's still in a controlled environment, where this guy was trusted for trading, and you needed something. Judging by what you had and what he had, you gain nothing from killing him, and he would attack you on the forums. Obviously you shouldn't kill him. How would you react in a uncontrolled setting, where you are uncertain if the other guy has friendly or unfriendly intentions, where you must risk your life, and lend your trust, to a stranger?

WHAT THE LITERAL F___ IS YOUR POINT?

:|

..do you even know? Do you have one that is not just arguing? What is your point, that I am lying and you just HAVE TO CALL ME OUT.. ? To the point where you simply cannot let it go and you obsess over it and think about it outside of the forum IRL and check back often to be sure to comment as soon as you can?

Seriously man.. get over it. Move on. Find something else to OCD/ADD on.. anything but this. Its such a waste of your time. I cannot even fathom the end goal you have here.. its gone from funny, to hilarious, to just outright sad. 

Now go ahead and keep commenting, keeping my post up top so more people can read it and judge me on my "lies" and in-game choices. 

arg-irish-dance-nobg-url.gif

Edited by lrish

i'm tired of this thread.

1. it's alpha. you can play/test however you want.

2. considering the very real fact that the SA is a complicated deathmatch ATM: expect to shoot and be shot at for "no reason" or "the wrong reason" more than "the right reason"

3. OP made the attempt to establish voice and text communication with his victim. this is not KOS and he wasn't obligated to let an armed player outdraw him.

4. chatting up a player and killing them when you don't get a response is valid. everything you do in game except exploiting, hacking or breaking the TOS is valid.

5. going to a highly populated area at night on a 50-100 pop exp server and letting someone kill you while you don't make an attempt to flee or defend yourself means IT WAS YOUR FAULT

the op didn't break the legs and force feed disinfectant to a fresh spawn, he killed an equal opponent who could have easily won/escaped if they were SITUATIONALLY AWARE or EVEN HALF AWARE OF THE GAME ELEMENTS.

Edited by RustCohle

i'm tired of this thread.

1. it's alpha. you can play/test however you want.

2. considering the very real fact that the SA is a complicated deathmatch ATM: expect to shoot and be shot at for "no reason" or "the wrong reason" more than "the right reason"

3. OP made the attempt to establish voice and text communication with his victim. this is not KOS and he wasn't obligated to let an armed player outdraw him.

4. chatting up a player and killing them when you don't get a response is valid. everything you do in game except exploiting, hacking or breaking the TOS is valid.

5. going to a highly populated area at night on a 50-100 pop exp server and letting someone kill you while you don't make an attempt to flee or defend yourself means IT WAS YOUR FAULT

the op didn't break the legs and force feed disinfectant to a fresh spawn, he killed an equal opponent who could have easily won/escaped if they were SITUATIONALLY AWARE or EVEN HALF AWARE OF THE GAME ELEMENTS.

So much win and logic it hurts my head.

Thank you.. and for my part

#endthread

Edited by lrish

It is not.

Minus the killing and apoc. happening I sort of get treated like this in real life by everyone I know.

So many of them won't even say hello back to me so I can totally understand how it feels to say it and get "blank" stares.

It makes me wonder if the face I see in a mirror is not actually what others see and I have like a six foot beard that I am blind to.

In this game I find it unusual that people will not talk more or at least greet each other.

Real apoc comes and 60% are dead 30% are zombies and 10% can still talk to you I can promise I am going to at least want to find out where they had been to see if anything remained even if they did act untrusting (everyone would at first in real life). Just to talk with anyone else would be joy if you had been solo for months maybe years on end. It would be weird at first and you would have forgotten how to say "hello" but in a few minutes and you remember what it feels like to be human and you would at least say hello.

The internet would seem like the place people have less fear of speaking but for some it seems to cripple them even more.

It is not.

Minus the killing and apoc. happening I sort of get treated like this in real life by everyone I know.

So many of them won't even say hello back to me so I can totally understand how it feels to say it and get "blank" stares.

It makes me wonder if the face I see in a mirror is not actually what others see and I have like a six foot beard that I am blind to.

Dude.... im sorry about that. Maybe you should try saying or doing something funny? Like if they dont respond follow them and make velociraptor noises.... that usually gets them talkin'.

Dude.... im sorry about that. Maybe you should try saying or doing something funny? Like if they dont respond follow them and make velociraptor noises.... that usually gets them talkin'.

In game that might be fun but as a working professional in a very large corporation I would most likely get sent to the work shrink...

most people I run into in game are silent. No matter what I do or say and since there are no clown shoes to dance in it is really hard to make them understand I am a clown.

No reason to feel sorry either I don't.

Edited by IamDinner

You weren't trying to be friendly, you were being a bandit. Obviously he doesn't want to talk to you, and he could have easily chose to shoot you right there, but no, he decided to give you a chance and let you leave. HE was the person being nice. Almost everyone in DayZ would have just blown your brains out instead. I would. Who the hell goes up to a looter in a military area at night, armed, to say hi??

Ur saying roleplaying as a pedo bear is bad?