After being killed numerous times and seeing sooo many videos of douches killing for no reason or pretending to be nice than killing. From now on I'm killing anyone on sight even unarmed or spawners. Not a bandit buy just a fed up survivor....The pvp is kill this game as much as zombies breaking legs

this is the 5000000000000000000000000000000th thread ive seen saying LITERALLY the exact same thing as you. welcome to the jungle. you are now no better than your killers.

Seems to be the way of it, you either stop playing the game at all or join the others in "on sight" killing.

It's really the only way, there are just too many people hanging round PK'ing - I have not as yet met one single player on any server who has not shot me given the chance. So don't give them the chance, kill first.

Sledge obviously has two dicks...... you can't get that silly playing with just one.

*sigh*

If you want to have fun with this mod, pk'ing isn't the answer. If you want a man-shoot, there are far more fun games in which to do that. Try Arma 2, it's excellent, and all about shooting men. If you want something that's just a cathartic pvp release, well then you're spoilt for choice.

Would you like to know my secret for having fun in DayZ? It's all about attitude. I'm not here to collect all the things, and I've accepted the inevitability of death. I understand that this mod is at it's most enjoyable when it's causing you to experience raw emotions you otherwise don't get to feel, and giving you stories to tell.

You don't win or lose DayZ, so there's really nothing to get frustrated about. You participate in stories. Not every character in every story gets to live to see the end, accept that. Occasionally you have to be the guy in the red shirt.

There are all kinds of roles that are thoroughly unexplored, in my experience so far. I've got a list of characters to portray in future attempts. Next time I play with one of my groups, I'm going to volunteer to be "the guy on the other side of the town madly firing an Enfield into the air", to help them out. That character isn't going to last long, and that's perfectly fine by me.

tl:dr, rather than adopting the same play style that everyone else seems to have (that is frankly making the game more boring to play with strangers, regardless of whether you enjoy pvp or not), try coming up with your own unique way to play, at least for a character or two. Try out crazy. I've had a couple characters that only carried around melee weapons and packs full of empty cans, while trying to befriend every other player I came across. Those were great times.

I'm with you. So what if I get double crossed? So what if I lose some pixels that I was most likely going to lose soon anyway? Not a big deal. Attitude is everything. Why so serious? Try not to view each death as wasted time. This is a game, in alpha. Every second on DayZ is, essentially, wasted time as it has no lasting effect on your life other than memories of entertainment and a high opportunity cost. If you're not having fun, go do something else. If you have to play, stop getting attached to your gear. Don't name your rifle, etc. Hell, I challenge you to just run around with an axe (passing up anything except silenced weapons for Z execution and scoped rifles if you want to be a bandit). Why not?

The pvp is kill this game as much as zombies breaking legs

This game is centered on PVP when it comes down to it

nope

see sig or do the math for yoursel @ dayzmod.com

Damn an alpha mod that's not perfect, oh the humanity

Does that count glitches' date=' or mass-respawning? If so, it's not reliable in any way.

[/quote']

it probably counts glitches, which is part of the E atm and is unlikely to have killed millions

it doesn't count respawning on the beach; rocket has said deaths within minutes of spawning are not included in homepage stats

Damn an alpha mod that's not perfect' date=' oh the humanity

[/quote']

I don't think, (correct me if I am wrong), that this is about the Mod itself being anything, my view is that this is centered around the players themselves and the way they conduct themselves in game.

Lets for a minute suppose that there has been a "zombie apocalypse", I can most definitely see the ruthless nature of people coming out, as well as the good. Unfortunately for everyone really, the majority of people have this ruthless streak that upon removal of consequences comes to the forefront.

This is fairly represented in the game with the ability of people to be "bandits", and of course the good guys, "survivors".

There is I think a overly large percentage of bandits, due to the lack of "real" consequences, that is in a video game, unavoidable.

The answer is not to "nerf" the gameplay though, in all honesty the mod in it's current state is a fantastic representation of what something like this would turn the world into.

Eventually the same old picking on spawning players / new players will die down, as those who take pleasure from "annoying" others usually run out of energy once they have done it a million times and hopefully move on to other platforms of abuse.

Don't take the above as being "against" bandits, their inclusion is needed to build the reality of the game world.

It's the deliberately "low" acts including exploitation of flaws that are the "problem" in this game, and there is no Dev on earth that can "patch" that.

Put simply, if everyone wants a good gaming experience, then it really takes "everyone" to try to make it that way, human nature though :) so I do doubt it will ever happen.

[/quote']

Read the original post before you start unzipping Rocket's pants. Community =/= game mechanics.

hi..ok i am one of those "good" players that avoid killing other player even if i c he has a sniper rifle or big backpack, in the world of mayhem and zeds, i am trying to keep my humanity.. but that is just the way i like to play.. and that’s the great thing of this game are the endless choices..

…one solution to this is more no PvP server, so far i only found one, and it is not online all the time..

playin knowing that another player wont shoot u, gives u more opportunity to explore but on the other side I must admit end the thrill is less…

br

*sigh*

If you want to have fun with this mod' date=' pk'ing isn't the answer. If you want a man-shoot, there are far more fun games in which to do that. Try Arma 2, it's excellent, and all about shooting men. If you want something that's just a cathartic pvp release, well then you're spoilt for choice.[/quote']

Who are you to decide what's fun and what's not? People have preferences, you know, and for me it's at least ten times more satisfying to kill someone in DayZ than in any of the other shooters I play.

There's also a charm to collecting your own weapons and having unfair firefights, where one side might just have pistols and bolt-action rifles, while the other one has military weapons. I'm sure you don't see that in ARMA2.

*sigh*

If you want to have fun with this mod' date=' pk'ing isn't the answer. If you want a man-shoot, there are far more fun games in which to do that. Try Arma 2, it's excellent, and all about shooting men. If you want something that's just a cathartic pvp release, well then you're spoilt for choice.[/quote']

Who are you to decide what's fun and what's not? People have preferences, you know, and for me it's at least ten times more satisfying to kill someone in DayZ than in any of the other shooters I play.

There's also a charm to collecting your own weapons and having unfair firefights, where one side might just have pistols and bolt-action rifles, while the other one has military weapons. I'm sure you don't see that in ARMA2.

If your idea of fun is ruining someone elses your idea is moot.

[/quote']

Read the original post before you start unzipping Rocket's pants. Community =/= game mechanics.

Wow, I sure am sick of the stupid metaphors, like this, on both sides of the argument.

Not a bandit buy just a fed up survivor....The pvp is kill this game as much as zombies breaking legs

Yup bandit alright, 75% of bandits are fed up survivors.

[/quote']

Wow, I sure am sick of the stupid metaphors, like this, on both sides of the argument.

I'm not on either side of the argument. I'm just tired of the "IT'S ALPHA GUYS," in every single thread that points out any kind of flaw, whether or not I agree with it. Not only that, but he was referring to a community flaw, that cannot be changed whether in Alpha, Beta, or full release. Whether or not I agree with the point brought forward is irrelevant to the fact that his response was not relevant to the discussion, and he should read the original post.

If your idea of fun is ruining someone elses your idea is moot.

Of course I have to "ruin" someone else's fun to have fun myself. It's the same in all PvP games; it's fun to kill and it sucks to get killed. The only difference between DayZ and other shooters is that DayZ has a slower pace, and both the reward for killing someone and the punishment for dying is greater.

It's like Runescape ,

If you die your screwd if you win you have food and supplies to camp that position for 3-4 hours more =-)

Occasionally you have to be the guy in the red shirt.

I love this. Also, try to avoid people as much as possible. Head north. There are better spawns there anyway. Some places to note: Stary Sobor, NWA, Berezino, etc. Gotta be careful or you will get killed. This is a waiting game sometimes. Can you sit still longer than the other guy?

Don't be a babby, no need to announce this to us, we seriously could care less.

hi..ok i am one of those "good" players that avoid killing other player even if i c he has a sniper rifle or big backpack, in the world of mayhem and zeds, i am trying to keep my humanity.. but that is just the way i like to play.. and that’s the great thing of this game are the endless choices..

…one solution to this is more no PvP server, so far i only found one, and it is not online all the time..

playin knowing that another player wont shoot u, gives u more opportunity to explore but on the other side I must admit end the thrill is less…

br

Uhm no, that server should be blacklisted then. Rocket said himself that there is to be no tampering with the PvP. And taking away PvP will ruin the game.