Sign in to follow this  
Karmaterror

Is Dayz still the Anti-game?

Someone finds your stash (with you around it) a discussion begins, weapons do the talking, you lose, winner is going to get the reward and :O stash teleported! I can't see this becoming true mate xD

NOPE NOPE NOPE , old fashioned tents etc from the mod please , you die and you can go back to your tent. Its Evolution , Tents can be found , used to have loads of fun looking for a suitable place for a tent stash with my clan

Maybe we should just call it Dayz Darwin. and players strive to leave the cave. Bonus gear a nob cloth.

If your listening Devs dont listen to these neanderthals.

Well there has been no actual explanation on how persistent storage is going to work.  I'm pretty sure the idea behind it is to allow it to persist on a server.  Not persist upon death.  As usual, we don't get a proper explanation of the ideas the devs want to implement. 

They are looking at persisting all items always, nothing to do with the character, so I don't see how death would have any impact at all on persisted items.

How would the old world tent work on this setup . Would it be on every server or just the one you placed it on ?

How would the old world tent work on this setup . Would it be on every server or just the one you placed it on ?

I'm sure it will be per server, it would be confusing as heck to have copies of your stuff on every server.

Yep tents only stay on the server you place them on (mod). Id guess itl be that way in SA aswell :)

I think some things should be simplified and comforatable(like controls). Complexity should be put into gameplay mechanics. They seem to be pulling that off, slowly but surely.

(1) is true: there are way too many military bases & buildings. Smells very casual.

It becomes locked to your character and you can't open it.  Simple.  Dying should not allow you to keep your items.  Sadly people will work around this by having friends loot their dead corpse but this is where ruined items come in.   ;)

Step one: drop all items

Step two: die by zombie

step three go back to your friend for gear.

critical flaw in that system.