darkdavid08@hotmail.com

[1.7.1.5] Bodies Disappearing WAY TOO QUICKLY

happened to me in about 2 minutes, i killed a guy from 15ft behind him and i was just lucky enough to switch to his bigger backpack before he disappeared but then i lost the stuff from my old backpack before i could get it back.

ALSO items in the barn i was in (along with his body) seemed to disappear at the exact same time, like literally all the items on the ground, gone with his body

anyone else experience this?

especially when i log out of a server inside a building with items, i relogin later and there are NO items in the building at all

i find many items either absent or disappear from time to time on the ground

im betting it has to do with respawn timers on items and bodies and even zombies cause i sometimes have them spawn like 30ft away when im already in the middle of the town

Edited by ssjenforcer

happened to me in about 2 minutes, i killed a guy from 15ft behind him and i was just lucky enough to switch to his bigger backpack before he disappeared but then i lost the stuff from my old backpack before i could get it back.

ALSO items in the barn i was in (along with his body) seemed to disappear at the exact same time, like literally all the items on the ground, gone with his body

anyone else experience this?

especially when i log out of a server inside a building with items, i relogin later and there are NO items in the building at all

i find many items either absent or disappear from time to time on the ground

im betting it has to do with respawn timers on items and bodies and even zombies cause i sometimes have them spawn like 30ft away when im already in the middle of the town

If your still on 1.7.1.5... please update the game maybe?

If you are in fact up to date with the game, please leave threads like this to die lol It's like an old wound.

Similar thing happend to me today about 1-2 hours ago. Came into a firefight with 2-3 people. I snipe 2 of them but i had to shot alot of pullets making sure they were dead. Like seconds after a kill is added to my debug monitor the body sinked into the ground giving us absolutley no loot

If your still on 1.7.1.5... please update the game maybe?

If you are in fact up to date with the game, please leave threads like this to die lol It's like an old wound.

ummm i have an updated game i was on beta 95099 so ....yea not running that old version. and obviously not since no servers i bet are running it too

and leave this thread? this glitch still occurs so it needs to be addressed

Idd happend again this time it was a 100% clear headshot no way to be able to alt f4 away from it. as soon as it says (name) has been killed hes body just vanishes

Going to add that i killed all thoose people using a DMR. Just a second ago i killed a player with my revolver and i got the loot i think DMR is bugging the corpses

Edited by Kurious

I dunno why you people keep reviving a bug report from 1.7.1.5 since the body disappearing thing has been fixed since as far as I know? Just update to 1.7.3

I dunno why you people keep reviving a bug report from 1.7.1.5 since the body disappearing thing has been fixed since as far as I know? Just update to 1.7.3

It most definitely has not. Friend sniped a guy in Vybor and his body disappeared a minute after, before we could even go loot it. 1.7.3/95208.

Today I shot a goat and the body dissapeared instantly, the same happened with a bandit who tried to kill me.

Not even 10 seconds, just POF

Fly sounds also don't go away after body goes away. I always hear fly sounds but no body around to be found.

We keep reporting it because its not fixed and still happens. I died on some rocks (bug) and spawned a minute or two away from where I died. My body wasn't there. ( version 1.7.3 -- 95248)

i killed a guy last night with ak74 and when i was reloading, the body sank right in front of my eyes :(

... I yesterday had two similar experiences and may share them:

A friend and me were approaching a village and heard shots in the barn. Another player, obviously.

We approach to get a conversation going after a short time of waiting only to see that poor guys brain being eaten by a Zed sitting on his corpse near one door.

We entered through the opposite door and looted the barn, waiting the zed to finish feasting to get to loot the corpse ourselves.

It could not have been more than 2 or 3 minutes, as the corpse suddenly disappeared - sad, but ok (I remembered someone saying using ALT+F4 leaves no corpse to loot, but why should that guy have done that, as the corpse already laid there, so I don't think that is the solution).

Later that evening I got shot by a sniper after covering my friend's approach to a factory site and then proceeding to meet him there while he covers me.

After I was shot at on open field I made the mistake not to run but to go prone, which lead to my death.

My friend spotted the snipers for revenge while watching my body to prevent them from easy looting (which they would not do as I had clearly visible nothing valuable with me).

I got another life to meet him. A moment later he told me that my corpse already despawned.

Could it be that at the very moment you are loaded at the coast with a new life your old corpse vanishes and is that intended?

(if so, that is kind of cool as it make shooting for gear far less valuable).

I took 2 real time days to make my way to the north airfield,

Went into the barracks to get the gear and a sniper followed me into the building,

I popped him and went to raid his camo and gun, before I could even reach him (10MTR) away he disappeared into the ground.

I don't understand why the MOD cannot at least convert the "dead body" into a pile of loot when you die, at least then the body can fall away as the user disconnects but the gear remains.

Any thoughts on this approach?

... I'd like to have a method installed that prevents ALT-F4-quitting (either with delay or, while being dead, letting your loot stay).

But the last few days every corpse (including mine) stayed longer than 30 mins, so it looks like being compeltely random... cO

This is still happening, I killed a sniper at the NW airfield, and had to give my partner some morphine before I checked the body, the time span between death and getting to his death spot was less than a minute and his body was gone though I could hear the flies, sucks too cause he had an AS50 along with other untold goodies which would have been an acceptable replacement for my DMR.